Why is there 90 mins of emmerdale tonight?

David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched the 7pm episode and the announcer said the 8pm episode tonight is an.hour long. This is overkill.

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    I assume there must be a day coming up when they aren't able to transmit the usual episode. Perhaps due to football or I'm a Celeb?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, it is on for the next week every night, not even a break for the tuesday footie.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bellamina wrote: »
    Nope, it is on for the next week every night, not even a break for the tuesday footie.
    And I'm sure I read there's the equivalent of 8 eps next week. :o:o
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on too much and the quality will suffer imo. Same goes for corrie. 3/4 episodes is plenty for all soaps
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    I think it's to give Marlon something to do rather than have to shag Laurel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are committed to xxx (can't remember the exact figure) episodes a year by ITV, so still on catch up from the World Cup?
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    I think they caught up on the World Cup gaps but it is possible i suppose. Or they've missed episodes due to those endless European Football matches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    And I'm sure I read there's the equivalent of 8 eps next week. :o:o

Only the normal 7 according to DS
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    They are committed to xxx (can't remember the exact figure) episodes a year by ITV, so still on catch up from the World Cup?

Yes - they were an episode or two behind still from the World Cup.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't 6 normal? Mon-Fri inc 2 on Thurs?
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member

One of the episodes is an hour-long though i think, I think it's on for 90 minutes on Tuesday too...so technically it kind of makes it 8.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

8 next week - Tuesday is a hour long as well as the 8-9 on Thursday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there 90 mins of emmerdale tonight?

because itv can not be arsed to show anything else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Yes - they were an episode or two behind still from the World Cup.
    Thanks. :) I thought they might be.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

There's 7 next week. The 6 regular episodes, in their regular timeslots (i.e no hour long on Tuesday or Thursday), plus an extra episode on Tuesday at 8pm.

I'm surprised by the way they've done it, usually when they want another episode they just stick it against EastEnders, but next Tuesday they've actually airing two separate episodes to avoid it. I hope they do this more often when they need to make up for an episode, hate when the soaps clash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's 7 next week. The 6 regular episodes, in their regular timeslots (i.e no hour long on Tuesday or Thursday), plus an extra episode on Tuesday at 8pm.

I'm surprised by the way they've done it, usually when they want another episode they just stick it against EastEnders, but next Tuesday they've actually airing two separate episodes to avoid it. I hope they do this more often when they need to make up for an episode, hate when the soaps clash.

Me too. I watch both and I don't have digital telly so it irks me when they clash as I enjoy both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member

According to Radio Times and Digital Spy extra one on Tuesday between 8-8.30 and two half hour episodes on Thursday as normal.
  • steves lasssteves lass Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Me too. I watch both and I don't have digital telly so it irks me when they clash as I enjoy both.

I don't watch EE but this scheduling clashes with Holby City - which I do watch! So I'm not a happy bunny as I don't have digital TV either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch EE but this scheduling clashes with Holby City - which I do watch! So I'm not a happy bunny as I don't have digital TV either.

They never think of people like us...
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It was a total feast, I loved it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? I thought analogue had been switched off all over the UK.
    Can't you record either?
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Didn't Brookside go 90 minutes before it passed on :o ;-)
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed should cut down! I think one of the soaps on itv should also go or be moved onto another channel. It fustrates me that itv has 2 continuous dramas.

Ee should have 5 now with this cast size and they've not had hour long episodes for a while. Ed always has hour long and double episodes causing a clash and that affects both ratings.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they will be missing an episode or two in the next few weeks so putting them on now when there is time in the schedule. I assume when that text santa thing is on there wont be an episode