Dexter Season 7 - UK Pace, no spoilers!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I'm liking this series so far (ignoring my usual hatred for Quinn and La Guerta) but anyone else feel like its been lacking in Masuka? I miss his inappropriate jokes!!
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristi wrote: »
    I'm liking this series so far (ignoring my usual hatred for Quinn and La Guerta) but anyone else feel like its been lacking in Masuka? I miss his inappropriate jokes!!

You don't like La Guerta? She's one of my favourites - It's great that this season she actually has stuff to do (i.e. tracking down the BHB and clearing the name of her friend Doakes)

They have toned Masuka down a lot this season (and the humour of Dexter generally has been toned down this season)

You get the sense that Dexter is getting darker and more serious as it moves inexorably towards the season 8 conclussion.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristi wrote: »
    I noticed a lack of Masuka. I think it's mainly because they have so much else going on.

La Guerta is one of my favourite characters, but for the last few seasons she's had nothing to do. Likewise Angel - to the point where the writers had them get married to try to justify their screen time. Now they've got enough story, it seems La Guerta has a real role to play (and I kinda hope she gets to vindicate Doakes), and Angel is heading towards getting written out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »

La Guerta is one of my favourite characters, but for the last few seasons she's had nothing to do. Likewise Angel - to the point where the writers had them get married to try to justify their screen time. Now they've got enough story, it seems La Guerta has a real role to play (and I kinda hope she gets to vindicate Doakes), and Angel is heading towards getting written out.

I don't think Angel will retire ultimately.

And yes, it would be nice if she was able to vindicate Doakes, but to do so would mean the end of Dexter, so as with how Debra's arc is going to play out, it's going to be fascinating to see how La Guerta's arc plays out too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! This season is good.

La Guerta's on to Dexter and Deb's inching ever closer to to the dark side.

Can't wait for next week to see what happens next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Really silly how Hannah shagged Dex after he cut her free, but she is clearly damaged.
    I'm a bit more OK with that now. She was a murdering psychopath's girlfriend before, so I suppose that's the type she's attracted to. I still prefer Lumen, though. I don't want Hanna to be Dexter's final one true love.

I feel sorry for Deb. Is that the third boyfriend she's had die?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »

I feel sorry for Deb. Is that the third boyfriend she's had die?

Not sure meeting twice and having coffee (or in Debs case, Scotch, once) exactly counts as a "boyfriend" but the woman does seem cursed!:eek::D;)
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so good reading all the comments when you've already seen the full season. And I don't mean that in a "show off" way, it's probably more jealousy on my part that you're all having the thrill of seeing it.
    I'd love to wipe my memory and watch this season again - so good.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with everything said this is a bloody awesome season , up there with the trinity one , ...cant wait for next weeks ep
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    Agree with everything said this is a bloody awesome season , up there with the trinity one

Now I wouldn't go quite that far... Yet!;)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I wouldn't go quite that far... Yet!;)

Oohh I think it is.:-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    Agree with everything said this is a bloody awesome season , up there with the trinity one , ...cant wait for next weeks ep
    For me, this one is better; the best yet. The Trinity episode was mostly made by the performance of the bad guy. It had duff episodes and plot-lines, like the "neighbourhood watch" one, and LaGuarta's relationship with Angel. So far this season hasn't put a foot wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Tonight's episode was great. :) It's really gearing up now. So excited for next week!
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting evermore dark and twisted. I did not see Debs blurting that out. Another thing for Dexter to obsess about.

The fencing between Dexter and Isaac is brilliant.

La Guerta I think has pieced together that it is Dexter who is the Bay Harbour Butcher. How this will play out is anyone's guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding episode. So much going on. Wasn't a single scene wasted was there? Just stunning storytelling.

I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen next week, but I can't wait to see.

And jcafcw is correct when he describes this season as getting ever "darker" and "twisted" I certainly the darkest, most somber season so far. And it can only get worse.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Dexter didn't get Issak to phone his henchman to let hannah go? He couldn't be sure Debra would find her and if Issak died without calling in there was every reason to believe hannah would be killed, but instead of ensuring hannah's safety first he just takes issak on a boat trip.

Only three pages? Does no one watch anymore?
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been saving up all the Dex episodes so i could watch them back to back but give in to temptation on the weekend :D

I tend to do this now with the majority of my top shows, i just feel waiting a week between episodes is to long. The only problem is you cant join in with the forums :mad:

P.S I am loving this series, Deb has really stepped her game up, i think she has been much better this series, so glad Louis got what was deserved that guy bugged the hell out of me!

I was gutted when Dex let him go :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still loving Dexter, but I am now a little confused as to where we are going for the remainder of the season.

If you haven't seen last Sunday's episode, I've hidden this next section:
    The season "enemy" has been dealt with, and now we have this side issue of the deaths by fire

I'm just not sure where the car and lift fit into everything. It kinda of felt that someone wrote 9 episodes and the studio said it had to be 12 and so another story arc was created.

I dunno, maybe it all fits together and the next episodes.

Iain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this weeks episode and shocked that we've lost
    ISAAK

Wonder where next weeks episode will go now?

Also, do we think Matthews may be coming back to get La Guerta off Dexters case (in other words Harry may have told him about his "plan" for Dex?) He obviously would have seen Dexters name on the list.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict that the next 3 episodes will be dedicated to La Guerta closing in on Dexter - I thought it was going to be a massive plot line this season but it hasn't had much screen time, so I think they might really pick it up now.

The deaths by fire seem a bit random, not sure where they're going with that. Great special effects though - those corpses looked horrible!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, La Guerta's investigation will probably be the real story and finale of this season of Dexter.

They may have gone for the Hitchcock idea that you make the viewer think the main story is about one thing
    ISAAK

Then you kill off that particular plot line suddenly and early and the story becomes something else.

This is what Hitch did most prominantly in Psycho when he killed off Janet Leigh at the end of the first act of the movie and instead of being a film about Janet Leigh getting away with a robbery became a film about the Psycho running the Bates Motel.

In the case of Dexter it would work as:
    Instead of being a season about Dexter closing in on Isaak it becomes a season about La Guerta closing in on Dexter

It's a clever plot device and it's fun to see it in Dexter if indeed thats what happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    How come Dexter didn't get Issak to phone his henchman to let hannah go?
    That bothered me too. It was the only real problem, though.

I don't mind losing Isaak. There's plenty of other stuff going on.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Ahh you UK paced viewers are so behind.. the season final is something you should be looking forward to ;)

I'm such a tease :D
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Ahh you UK paced viewers are so behind.. the season final is something you should be looking forward to ;)

I'm such a tease :D

Well I hope so, for me this season is one big drag. Don't get the plaudits for it.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was brilliant , can't wait for the season finale now , ..... Just how is dexter gonna get out of this :eek: