Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,503
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a620962/kelly-clarkson-confirms-new-album-piece-by-piece-for-march-release.html#~p1aJRXU1gw6R3B
Kelly confirms Piece By Piece as the title to her new album, which she hopes to see a March release. She has already premiered the lead single, Heartbeat Song.

Comments

• RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I've been waiting for a new Kelly album for a long time. She has never released a dud album in her whole career and I'm positive she'll continue trend.

Saying that though I'm not sure about Heartbeat Song...
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, I've been waiting for another album for ages! Loving the new heartbeat song. River's so adorable!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Heartbeat Song. Can't wait for the new album!
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the album is going to be amazing, but I'm not a fan of the cover art :(
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The artwork is terrible! Literally one of the worst, it's something a 10 year old fan would put together when messing about on the computer!

Also the Heartbeat Song sounds like all her hits mashed together but a lot more bland, she needed something stronger for a lead single!
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cover is terrible and it's getting slated by literally everyone. How was this allowed to happen?
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Kelly's albums. But I do feel she has become kind of stuck in a rut with so many similiar pop/rock songs. The Heartbeat song is more of the same. I do feel she could change it up a little bit.
    As far as the album cover, it doesn't concern me too much. She's never really been a strong visual artist. She's mostly about the singing and the songwriting. She doesn't put that much emphasis on fashion or the visual part of her work like some other artists, so I don't expect amazing visuals from her.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I'm sure the album is going to be amazing, but I'm not a fan of the cover art :(

Yeah, it's crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't really care less about the artwork, that's not what I buy an album for.

Heard a demo version of Good Goes The Bye and I really like it. Also liked all the lyric snippets she released. Thought that was something different, as opposed to releasing clips of the songs which most usually do.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The artwork is atrocious. I get the point of it, but the execution is awful. Hopefully the deluxe has an alternate cover.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited for this. As said, the artwork really doesn't matter. Its all about the quality of the music, and with Kelly you know that's not going to disappoint.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Kelly Clarkson but her single "Heartbeat" is a major lift from Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" is such a copy they should be paid royalties ..bad form ripping a chorus like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM

That song is quite big in America too used in American Pie movies etc not the greatest career move from Kelly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Kelly Clarkson but her single "Heartbeat" is a major lift from Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" is such a copy they should be paid royalties ..bad form ripping a chorus like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM

That song is quite big in America too used in American Pie movies etc not the greatest career move from Kelly.

Some songs are going to have similar chord progressions because there are only so many chords. It's not similar enough to come to the conclusion that she's made a bad "career move" though.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chord progression argument is a bit lame when you rip-off are particularly well known song.

You can't accidently do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chord progression argument is a bit lame when you rip-off are particularly well known song.

You can't accidently do that.

It really isn't that similar so I dont think its a rip-off. I suppose we will have to disagree.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Kelly, but lets be honest most of her album covers have been pretty poor. The ironic thing is that my least favourite album of hers 'My December' has the best cover art in my opinion.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Kelly, but lets be honest most of her album covers have been pretty poor. The ironic thing is that my least favourite album of hers 'My December' has the best cover art in my opinion.

Yeah i am with you on that too
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Invincible is amazing :D
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Invincible is amazing :D

Where can it be heard?

EDIT: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB7au2PdddQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^It's available to download now. The title track, Piece By Piece, has been released too. She's releasing a song a day till it's released next week.

Adicted to Invincible already. I can let the poor grammer slide :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of the title track yet
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chart update for Kelly's new releases on iTunes in the UK:

Heartbeat Song #3

Invincible #44
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Heartbeat Song doing well. Just checked iTunes and it's down to #4, but that's still great. Run Run Run is at #32 already, Piece By Piece is at #51 and Invincible has dropped to #64. Boo to that. Awesome to see all four songs charting at the moment though.

I really like Piece By Piece, and listened to a snippet of Run Run Run this morning. So excited for the rest of the album! :D
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run Run Run is an amazing song, both John Legend and Kelly have amazing voices. I cannot wait until Kelly releases the album. Invincible is awesome too.

I'm not keen on the album cover, but at least she's not posing half naked.