Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway New Series Series 11 22/02/2014!

Comments

• SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Michael Aspel looked as if he'd lost quite a bit of weight to me - or was I imagining it? Loved his talks show back in the day. Unfortunate that he has to sink to the level of appearing on a show like this. I suppose he has to pay the bills though.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More surprising than Aspell being on was Simon Cowell only getting about two minutes airtime right at the end of the show, hardly worth his while being on at all. Wouldn't have thought his ego would be satisfied with that!
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    Michael Aspel looked as if he'd lost quite a bit of weight to me - or was I imagining it? Loved his talks show back in the day. Unfortunate that he has to sink to the level of appearing on a show like this. I suppose he has to pay the bills though.

I noticed that too. He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he is alright.
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a guy in his 80s he looked pretty good :)
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Michael Aspel looked different in other ways too. His teeth didn't look right, I suppose they were new ones. Also his facial expressions looked different, perhaps a face lift? I can't put my finger on what it was, but something about him, (apart from loss of weight) looked wrong. :confused:
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Michael Aspel looked different in other ways too. His teeth didn't look right, I suppose they were new ones. Also his facial expressions looked different, perhaps a face lift? I can't put my finger on what it was, but something about him, (apart from loss of weight) looked wrong. :confused:

I thought that too. There was definitely something ringing alarm bells for me. I hope I am wrong.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    More surprising than Aspell being on was Simon Cowell only getting about two minutes airtime right at the end of the show, hardly worth his while being on at all. Wouldn't have thought his ego would be satisfied with that!

I think his ego would have remained intact when he witnessed the utterly sycophantic displays from the audience with women virtually having orgasms over seeing him. Jesus Christ...they are just celebrities like. Not even good ones. I mean a list film stars ok. But itv show biz types?? Really?
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Sat night Takeaway but what the flip was that all about last night?
    The surprise win a car thing with the Gran taking the camper can was utterly bizarre and had no point to it. What was going on? They didn't even talk to the family. Very odd.
    Enjoyed Peter Andre in the Get out of my ear part but they only had 2 people on it rather than the usual 3. Why? Different than usual.
    Agree that Michael Aspel is looking quite frail and unwell. That was sad to see. Did enjoy Wonky Donkey though. Is it always set up for it to be a draw for the last show??
    Even the end of the show show was pretty flat. Ant and Dec barely featured in Attractions show and then, even more weirdly, Simon Cowell pops up. Er...why? And why were some women practically having an orgasm at the sight of him? Good grief.

I wonder if they concentrated so much on the live after show you tube feed that they forgot the main show?
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    He was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. Hodgkinson's, which can be a slowly progressive illness.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well he is 81 years old and has cancer. How well do you think he should look ?
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As the poster above has said, Michael has cancer.
    I am sure you (and the others who typed the same) did not realise it though when you/they thought and typed that.
    I had no idea he has cancer either but as he looked just like my now deceased father did I thought he may have it so I googled him to find out.
    What a great shame.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably just keeping an eye on his money makers, Paul Potts and the shadow dancers.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Best episode of the series so far I thought.
    Only ruined by the **** at the end.

I loved the gran theft auto bit which was different to the usual acting parts and 'This is your life' brought back Memories of Byker Grove and SMTV. I wonder what is in store for the final Ant VS Dec ?
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more could have been made of the This is your Life segment. There was basically only one proper guest - Geoff. All the I'm a celeb lot are Z list at best and probably didn't even demand a fee.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Well he is 81 years old and has cancer. How well do you think he should look ?

I had no idea that he has cancer, obviously that would explain it all then. It's sad to hear that.
  • MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Super Computer is always pants.

Far too many plane tickets awarded and the error is compounded by rewarding some very uninteresting people.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec barely featured in Attractions show and then, even more weirdly, Simon Cowell pops up. Er...why?

Why? It came across as a huge plug for the new series of Britains Got Talent to me. They even mentioned that it will be back in two weeks!
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say this is a guilty pleasure of mine. The celebs wearing earpieces bit (im sure they gave it a better name than that which I didn't catch) is hilarious

Edit - get out of my ear :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say this is a guilty pleasure of mine. The celebs wearing earpieces bit (im sure they gave it a better name than that which I didn't catch) is hilarious

Edit - get out of my ear :)

Its my favourite bit too. Plus, the way Ant and Dec are literally crying with laughter adds to the enjoyment!
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight's last show ;-)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something I've been pondering. When Ant goes up and embarrasses people in the audience.. do you think the things he says actually happened or are the people just going along with what he says? I thought perhaps they have a place on the ticket application for families to spill the beans on who they're going with but I wonder if that's even needed?
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed tonight's episode goes out with a bang and improves on last weeks weaker episode.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Quite sad it's the last one tonight. It's filled the last few Saturday night entertainment vacuum quite pleasantly for me. :(
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening all. :)

Quite sad it's the last one tonight. It's filled the last few Saturday night entertainment vacuum quite pleasantly for me. :(

Hi Jaded ;-)
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this will be good. Sad it has come to an end already....but only one week till BGT!!