Options

Neighbours to have its first gay couple!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So any spoilers on Aidan's return?
  • Options
    Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From AfterElton: "And while Bob Morely, who plays Aiden returned to filming on the show several weeks ago, there's no word on when he’ll be returning to our screens."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    His return to the production was early June 2012: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a386632/neighbours-bob-morley-returns-to-ramsay-street-with-new-look.html

'Neighbours' episodes screen in Australia four months after production, and in the UK, five months after production.
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks peeps :)
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he is returning as a regular but we wont see him on our screens here in the UK until September...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not overly bothered about Aiden. I found him pretty dull. I feel like Chris needs someone a bit more exciting to cheer up his love life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    I'm not overly bothered about Aiden. I found him pretty dull. I feel like Chris needs someone a bit more exciting to cheer up his love life.

I liked Aidan (and Chris!). Good characters, believable, and well acted.

But Aidan was a bit conscientious. Maybe for the sake of drama Chris should hook up with a super hot blond hunk whose 'just no good for him-any one can see that', with Aidan coming back to try and woo Chris back from this bad influence.
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Aidan (and Chris!). Good characters, believable, and well acted.

But Aidan was a bit conscientious. Maybe for the sake of drama Chris should hook up with a super hot blond hunk whose 'just no good for him-any one can see that', with Aidan coming back to try and woo Chris back from this bad influence.

Chris should get together with Andrew. It would be unexpected but quite believable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tfox6 wrote: »
    Chris should get together with Andrew. It would be unexpected but quite believable.

Well back in 2010 Chris admitted he had a crush on Andrew. Andrew had an angry reaction, but they soon patched things up.

Since they've already explored that idea (and since Andrew is straight) I don't think a romance with Andrew would be a good idea. Anyway that would ruin the excellent platonic friendship between the gay man and the straight man that the show has so far portrayed so well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Australia is a very weird place. Television and games are heavily censored. Doctor Who was often cut.

While in 2012 repeats in the UK cut Carl's line "something about being gay" out of 'The Simpsons'.

Also these days when 'Man About the House' is repeated in the UK, Chrissie's explanation of why Roper allowed Robin to stay in the flat "We told him you were a poof" alternately bleeps out the word "poof", or cuts the line altogether.

'Steptoe and Son' also has the word "poof" cut from dialogue.
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter. I doubt Chris will be there for much longer. Once Tashie and Andrew go, he will be billy no mates. I know he has the occasional chat with Kyle/Georgia and Lucas, but it's not really much is it?
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter. I doubt Chris will be there for much longer. Once Tashie and Andrew go, he will be billy no mates. I know he has the occasional chat with Kyle/Georgia and Lucas, but it's not really much is it?

Chris' relationship with Kyle is getting a bit of screen time and is developing well though. (Personally, I find all their scenes together - where they're both in tank tops - to be a highlight of the program :o) Chris also has a decent-ish storyline with Georgia's boyfriend so they're finding stuff for him to be getting on with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »

Rumours of Chris's demise seem to be an exaggeration.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow quite a relatively old thread being seriously bumped.

According to other posts on the comments of Jason Herbison the EP in his Perfect Blend interview it looks like Hudson isn't going to be a permanent long-term fixture they surmise.

Similar perhaps to the Kapoors (although at that point regulars) also being not in for the duration.

Shame there could be no potential longevity for Chris & Hudson IMHO.