NEW 24 hrs in A & E

Comments

• AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Kevin looks okay now, so pleased he has recovered in that video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I agree, they don't want to be a 'nuisance' :(

Shame the drunks and druggies didn't have that attitude, then maybe the A&E wouldn't be so busy with them.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is quite touching the daughters telling rosie off for not coming into Hospital earlier
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww that poor old dear convinced she was dying.. She won't accept she isn't though bless her. Pneumonia is horrible to have, I had it last year.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those girls are intent on telling her shes not dying anyway!:eek:
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Shame the drunks and druggies didn't have that attitude, then maybe the A&E wouldn't be so busy with them.
    Agreed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    this is quite touching the daughters telling rosie off for not coming into Hospital earlier

Funnily enough when I was with mum before she died I told her off for not calling the ambulance crew before when she was rattling with pneumonia and pluerisy. Trouble is she couldn't hear me, but it made me feel better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it really doesn't look good for Rosie... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it doesnt - although we say this once a week about a patient and we are wrong, hopefully we will be wrong about Rosie too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we are wrong and Rosie makes it through, I'm already welling up here
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very sad, such a horrible conversation to have to have for her and her family. I do hope they have a happy outcome.

My mum died in A&E when she had terminal cancer - she went downhill very rapidly and because nobody expected it when it happened, the hospice couldn't admit her and the paramedics had to take her to A&E. I remember sitting in a room with my dad and my brother with the doctor telling us that in his opinion it would be cruel to resuscitate if it came to that, and there are no words for how many it hurts.

They do film and put this programme together so well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    This is very sad, such a horrible conversation to have to have for her and her family. I do hope they have a happy outcome.

My mum died in A&E when she had terminal cancer - she went downhill very rapidly and because nobody expected it when it happened, the hospice couldn't admit her and the paramedics had to take her to A&E. I remember sitting in a room with my dad and my brother with the doctor telling us that in his opinion it would be cruel to resuscitate if it came to that, and there are no words for how many it hurts.

They do film and put this programme together so well.

My mum managed to make it to ICU, but I had to make that horrible decision to "turn" the machines off as she was basically brain dead after 36 hours in hospital comatose. Twice the doctor took me aside to as me if he could do this as it would not have been much of a life for mum if she did come round as she would have been a vegetable and would have needed a lung transplant. It would have been horrible for mum too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this is heartbreaking the sisters fighting over what to do ...
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dranding?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those poor women ;(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dranding?

Think it's their accent and where they live..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poor Christine, she must be really beating herself up. And it's not her fault, Rosie sounds a very stubborn old lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesnt one of them go in and sit with her and talk to her! Where they asked to leave?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh here we go back to Kevin who we know is okay..bit of light relief.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it must be so hard trying to keep positive for their mother whilst knowing she is in reality dying :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesnt one of them go in and sit with her and talk to her! Where they asked to leave?

I don't think so, I think they decided to leave her to rest. Poor Rosie looks totally bewildered.. I wouldn't have even left her even if she wanted the rest. I would have let her rest while I was in the chair.
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be horrible to have to make that decision.

I suppose this poor old lady has got such bad heart failure, if they tried to ressucitate her, it would just be putting her through more distress, & she probably wouldn't make it any way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    LOL, a different ceiling to look at
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum managed to make it to ICU, but I had to make that horrible decision to "turn" the machines off as she was basically brain dead after 36 hours in hospital comatose. Twice the doctor took me aside to as me if he could do this as it would not have been much of a life for mum if she did come round as she would have been a vegetable and would have needed a lung transplant. It would have been horrible for mum too.

I had to do the same with my dad.
This discussion has been closed.