Options

In defence of Linda, some of the editing looked a bit dodgy

LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
Forum Member
✭✭
Towards the end of the time Linda spent in the house I did notice the editors begin to do a thing where they showed Jim talking then a close up of Linda looking angry and then Jim talking again.

I genuinely don't think this happened as much as it appeared. It seems they got lots of shots of Linda looking a bit grumpy and edited them into certain areas.

Also there appeared to be a few times where Linda and Jim had friendly conversations but most of these were completely edited out.

Comments

• Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leviathain wrote: »
    Towards the end of the time Linda spent in the house I did notice the editors begin to do a thing where they showed Jim talking then a close up of Linda looking angry and then Jim talking again.

I genuinely don't think this happened as much as it appeared. It seems they got lots of shots of Linda looking a bit grumpy and edited them into certain areas.

Also there appeared to be a few times where Linda and Jim had friendly conversations but most of these were completely edited out

She told Emma her and Jim had some 'great times':o

Wasn't in BB's agenda to show this though. They had an extension to fill and were 'enjoying' the high ratings. Who thinks the ratings and extension were to do with Jim and Linda? I do.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She told Emma her and Jim had some 'great times':o

Wasn't in BB's agenda to show this though. They had an extension to fill and were 'enjoying' the high ratings. Who thinks the ratings and extension were to do with Jim and Linda? I do.

It wouldn't surprise me Cran. Also I think this Lee/Casey thing could have something to do with as well. I have no clue now, as to what is going on with that pair LOL!

:)
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also there appeared to be a few times where Linda and Jim had friendly conversations but most of these were completely edited out.

I noticed this as well, and unfortunately she provided them with enough grumpy footage to edit how they wished but what I cant understand is at the beginning Linda seems to tolerate Jim who she obviously has a dislike for and they seemed to cope with the chained together bit quite well considering.

Then as the days go on she seems to be almost disappointed that he isn't behaving particularly badly and seems to have made it her mission to antagonise him and pulls an all too willing Luisa and Jasmine into the campaign as well, if she had only just stuck to getting on with other housemates who she did like and enjoying herself she might have come out a happier person and could have used the exposure to re start her career

Unfortunately I think her plan has backfired spectacularly to her own detriment and maybe it is because Jim isn't the man she remembers, and has got more tolerant and mellow as he has got older, but the more she tried to goad him the more of a spiteful bully she looked and sadly she seems to be unwilling to let it drop even now she is out :(
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No I don't think they did that...did you see the way she was looking at Dappy when he voted for her. Don't think I've ever seen such an evil look. The only editing I think they do is cutting conversations off at certain points so you don't get the whole of it and not always the context either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    I noticed this as well, but what I cant understand is at the beginning Linda seems to tolerate Jim who she obviously has a dislike for and they seemed to cope with the chained together bit quite well considering.

Then as the days go on she seems to be almost disappointed that he isn't behaving particularly badly and seems to have made it her mission to antagonise him and pulls an all to willing Luisa and Jasmine into the campaign as well, if she had only just stuck to getting on with other housemates who she did like and enjoying herself she might have come out a happier person and could have used the exposure to re start her career

Unfortunately I think her plan has backfired spectacularly to her own detriment and maybe it is because Jim isn't the man she remembers, and has got more tolerant and mellow as he has got older, but the more she tried to goad him the more of a spiteful bully she looked and sadly she seems to be unwilling to let it drop even now she is out :(

I quite agree with your post. Unfortunately imo Linda has done more harm than good for herself going into CBB. She didn't have to like Jim and vice versa, but I do think he made more of an effort to get along than she did.

Not everyone will like everyone in the house. It's best to just chug along with those people and at the very least be civil instead of back biting all the time. I'm quite impressed how Jim has held it together to be honest.

As has been said, you can't keep up an act for three weeks, so hopefully Jim has mellowed. I hope Linda can let it go, but somehow I doubt it.

• Options
    soozesooze Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so why did the HMs think she was coming across as very bitter when they watched her on the Huskie task?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you could put a huge amount of it down to editing though. There were some really angry clashes between the pair and she did seem incredibly bitter in her dealings with Jim.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Some of the editing looked a bit dodgy to me too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sooze wrote: »
    so why did the HMs think she was coming across as very bitter when they watched her on the Huskie task?
    I don't think anyone is saying she didn't have her bitter moments, but that some editing on some occasions looked a bit dodgy.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But on BBBOTS last night she admitted that she spent a lot of time talking about Jim in the house, but now that she's out, it's gone, finished.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and some of the arguments ..we did not see who or how they were started
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    They use the best bits for making a show and stimulating revenue.

Watching Linda lose her way when trying to justify herself is a bit funny, but a bit sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But on BBBOTS last night she admitted that she spent a lot of time talking about Jim in the house, but now that she's out, it's gone, finished.
    Until some unfortunate shoves a mic in her face, then she'll be off again.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C5 are being far more ruthless than C4 ever were with how this is all 'done'. Mission accomplished, in this instance.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »

They only happened when the cameras were off. ;-)
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me Cran. Also I think this Lee/Casey thing could have something to do with as well. I have no clue now, as to what is going on with that pair LOL!

I quite agree BS. Lee and Casey's highlights were all of their 'shenanigans' and Linda and Jim's were all of their spats. Still, I s'pose it's what the viewers ( some of ) want to see all the time.:(

I like to watch a more 'balanced' house. Fun, laughter, 'spats' naughtiness and frolics.:D

There's also no doubt Jim is funny, loved his little ' everyone needs a Dappy' scene. I also Enjoyed the 'friendly' banter him and Linda had, and there was some as we got the very odd glimpses of it.

As for Lee and Case, well I haven't a clue either lol:D
    Jasmine's entrance yesterday having a go at the both of them was somewhat:o Why do BB do stunts like this?>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite agree BS. Lee and Casey's highlights were all of their 'shenanigans' and Linda and Jim's were all of their spats. Still, I s'pose it's what the viewers ( some of ) want to see all the time.:(

I like to watch a more 'balanced' house. Fun, laughter, 'spats' naughtiness and frolics.:D

There's also no doubt Jim is funny, loved his little ' everyone needs a Dappy' scene. I also Enjoyed the 'friendly' banter him and Linda had, and there was some as we got the very odd glimpses of it.

As for Lee and Case, well I haven't a clue either lol:D
    Jasmine's entrance yesterday having a go at the both of them was somewhat:o Why do BB do stunts like this?>:(

No idea. I don't like to see all the bickering and under the duvet goings on either all the time.

Sure, I like a bit of a bun fight.......that is quickly gotten over and peace resumes for a moment or two. A few kisses and whisperings of sweet nothings etc, but I don't like it to take over the whole series.

As I said to Wonkey I believe it was, where are all the fun tasks?

I did point out that imo Sam and Ollie managed to make the sitting on the fence task still seem like they were sitting on the fence. That task was utterly boring and both looked as if boiling their own heads would be preferable than doing that task imo.

I like to see them do daft stuff, stuff that makes me chuckle and basically makes them look silly LOL!

Tasks like the prison task where they panicked when someone bought in a bit of sand on their shoe and they were trying to get rid of the evidence etc. As an example.

As I say, having rows and fumblings is all very well but I think the sight of Lee in those plastic knickers and Lionel basically yelling, 'give it to me big boy' (metaphorically speaking) will burn in my memory forever LOL!

• Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    "...In defence of Linda, some of the editing looked a bit dodgy..."

Okay, if you want to use that as an excuse for Linda Nolan's bitter, vindictive behaviour, then for all those people who don't like Jim (Not me; he should win) In defence of Jim, some of the editing looked a bit dodgy..."
    Might as well balance it out...!
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »

Although we did see Rylan say Jim didn't start any arguments in the house..... :D
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really finished as she's set to keep on banging on about him... until trash mag readers are done with it.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    C5 are being far more ruthless than C4 ever were with how this is all 'done'. Mission accomplished, in this instance.

It seems hard to believe Linda was stitched up though. Many times we saw Jim walking away from arguments and it did seem like Linda was often the instigator.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    It seems hard to believe Linda was stitched up though. Many times we saw Jim walking away from arguments and it did seem like Linda was often the instigator.
    we don't know that though ..it could have been the editing makeing it look that way ..we don't see the whole picture do we
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

That wouldn't be difficult, she was never anything other than grumpy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ69 wrote: »
    Although we did see Rylan say Jim didn't start any arguments in the house..... :D

He did indeed.

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't be hard to do, she was never anything other than grumpy.

I thought it was really funny when she was sitting with a face like fizz with the giant pink rollers in her hair. :D:D