Interesting Link

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I think it will be something along the lines of A Christmas Carol. It does seem to fit somewhat.
    The past element could be
    Rose appearing with Jackie
  • JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the context I am speaking of is not so much a farewell tour, more reminders of his past and where he is now and what the future holds...as I said a bit like Dickens A Christmas Carol...it is about choices and the repercussions

but it is a farewell tour you are picturing ..you've dressed it with Christmas lights but you're still talking about that farewell tour imo ..

Personally ..
    I think poor Ten is going to be forced into times and places and to go to people by a foe who is toying with his life (the dream and fantasy sequences RTD mentioned)... but it's not going to be Christmas apart from the Noble household scenes ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessicaL wrote: »
    but it is a farewell tour your picturing ..you've dressed it with Christmas lights but you're still talking about that farewell tour imo ..

Personally ..
    I think poor Ten is going to be forced into times and places and to go to people by a foe who is toying with his life ... but it's not going to be Christmas apart from the Noble household scenes ..

RTD gave us the farewell tour in the series 4 finale. Not suggesting he takes a trip down memory lane, more of what if things had been different, if he had made different choices and the repercussions of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTD gave us the farewell tour in the series 4 finale. Not suggesting he takes a trip down memory lane, more of what if things had been different, if he had made different choices and the repercussions of that.

I still think thats a farewell tour - for example the leaked
    David and Billie
    scene in your scenario is Ten seeing what
    Rose
    would be like without the Doctor? -but he's touring then surely ..

-i'd not want anything like that personally it's too quiet for RTD and David's farewell imo :).I hope to see Ten in his majesty -it's David Tennant speaking Ten's and RTD's last words on the tv series after all ..has to be a corker -hopefully. :)

So lets hope for time lords and they're not a flashback :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessicaL wrote: »
    I still think thats a farewell tour - for example the leaked
    David and Billie
    scene in your scenario is Ten seeing what
    Rose
    would be like without the Doctor? -but he's touring then surely ..

-i'd not want anything like that personally it's too quiet for RTD and David's farewell imo :).I hope to see Ten in his majesty -it's David Tennant speaking Ten's and RTD's last words on the tv series after all ..has to be a corker -hopefully. :)

I am aware of the scenes that you refer to but I am open to what thecontext/significance are within the confines of the story. as I said RTD did the farewell tour with The Stolen Earth and Journeys End, so I am hoping that isn't quite the direction he will take again. I am thinking much darker and a man reaching the end of this particular life...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am aware of the scenes that you refer to but I am open to what thecontext/significance are within the confines of the story. as I said RTD did the farewell tour with The Stolen Earth and Journeys End, so I am hoping that isn't quite the direction he will take again. I am thinking much darker and a man reaching the end of this particular life...

Anyway lets just leave it we're not going to agree on this one :).

back on topic time lords ... Gallifrey ..heres hopeing :cool::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, everything's looking on course towards a
    Trickster-type scenario, with a big bad directly changing the timeline of the Doctor by screwing with those who affect it
    as speculated many many months ago :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Isn't anybody going to read my scene i just wrote on the 2nd page? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep..and that is what RTD has been saying too....From the whole concept of the Next Doctor to that knocking four times talk in POTD, and some little things we have already seen in filming spoilers.....it is about a man (or an alien;)) reaching the end of this particular life....and it will be dark.....not TW dark if anyone wonders so....but dark none the less...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Yep..and that is what RTD has been saying too....From the whole concept of the Next Doctor to that knocking four times talk in POTD, and some little things we have already seen in filming spoilers.....it is about a man (or an alien;)) reaching the end of this particular life....and it will be dark.....not TW dark if anyone wonders so....but dark none the less...

well lets face it there can be no happy endings when it comes to a regeneration. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well lets face it there can be no happy endings when it comes to a regeneration. ;)

No siree!!!!!!!:D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    And if Donna happens to witness the regeneration, she'll either die or reactivate her Time Lord brain - possibly triggering a second regeneration. Hope that doesn't happen, I don't want any of the companions to be killed off, one a year is enough, and we already lost TW's Ianto.