Everywhere and anywhere. Every star that ever was...

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
I love the way he says this in the new trailer!!!

"Everywhere and anywhere. Every star that ever was... "

Nice intonation in his voice!

Comments

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's my favourite bit of the trailer too, especially given that the rest is almost entirely nonsensical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o

there's a new trailer!? :o
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree about his voice. Even after regeneration when he said 'Blimey' I thought that little thing alone was was done with a bit of charisma.

On a slight down note though is with that line 'Anywhere and everywhere, every star there ever was...' you just know he is going to be on Earth for two thirds of the series ha ha ... I guess I don't mind :)
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    I love the way he says this in the new trailer!!!

"Everywhere and anywhere. Every star that ever was... "

Nice intonation in his voice!

I love that line too, just can't belive they followed it up with the eternally cheesy:-

'Who are you?'
    'I'm the Doctor'
    'Doctor Who?'

D'oh......
  • tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is it really cheesy? How many of the new generation of fans have heard it on the show? Plus, it is his surname ;-)
  • stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From your winking smiley, I'm guessing you know perfectly well it's not. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ladies and Gentlermen may I introduce 'Dr Who' and his new wife, 'Professor River Song-Who'. What's yer problem? ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    tallorder wrote: »
    But is it really cheesy? How many of the new generation of fans have heard it on the show? Plus, it is his surname ;-)

Rose said it in 'The Empty Child', and Jackie says it in 'The Christmas Invasion'.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spence1115 wrote: »
    Rose said it in 'The Empty Child', and Jackie says it in 'The Christmas Invasion'.

Don't forget about WOTAN. Surely that makes it canon!

(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8iesc_the-war-machines-part-3_shortfilms if you don't know what I'm on about)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the "Doctor who?" bit in the trailer was really cute!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I thought the "Doctor who?" bit in the trailer was really cute!

And to think too, were going to have to go though the motions again with Amy this time when she goes into the tardis for the first time "yes it's bigger on the inside, yadda yadda yadda".....
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to think too, were going to have to go though the motions again with Amy this time when she goes into the tardis for the first time "yes it's bigger on the inside, yadda yadda yadda".....

The best version of that scene ever was in The Three Doctors when Sgt Benton finally got to go inside the TARDIS. 'Well Sergeant, aren't you going to say it's bigger on the inside? Everybody else does'. 'Pretty obvious isn't it, Doc?':D
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is one of the reasons why I hope she hasn't been planned as another one series companion. Having all the introductions, "you're an alien?", "it's bigger on the inside" etc etc on a regular basis gets a bit tiresome for me. It'd be nice to have a bit of regular cast continuity in New Who for a change (assuming she and Matt are any good, obviously! :D)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rory as well.

Hopefully it won't be Rivers first time in the TARDIS or else we'll have had it three times in one series.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best version of that scene ever was in The Three Doctors when Sgt Benton finally got to go inside the TARDIS. 'Well Sergeant, aren't you going to say it's bigger on the inside? Everybody else does'. 'Pretty obvious isn't it, Doc?':D

Benton's a legend!
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Don't forget about WOTAN. Surely that makes it canon!

(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8iesc_the-war-machines-part-3_shortfilms if you don't know what I'm on about)

Did you know WOTAN was also in the wonder woman series with Lynda Carter --

http://www.wonderland-site.com/html/series/wonder/season1/ww76-08-00.htm
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    I love that line too, just can't belive they followed it up with the eternally cheesy:-

'Who are you?'
    'I'm the Doctor'
    'Doctor Who?'

D'oh......

I love that!!

What episode is it off, or is it just the trailer and nothing else? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tallorder wrote: »

I thought he was just called The Doctor??
    Forum Member
    I thought he was just called The Doctor??

it's his surname in the 60's movies, I think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's his surname in the 60's movies, I think

It was indeed - but that wasn't the BBC's "Doctor Who", a wanderer in the Fourth Dimension? An exiles? Cut off from his own planet - without friends or protection.

That was good old AARU/Amicus Productions "Dr Who"... the amiable and absent-minded inventor who made a Time Machine out of a Police Box in his back garden :D