The Golf Club PS4

Comments

• simmysimmy Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahoy Simon, hope things are good. Yea, it was certainly colourful and occasionally quite heated the old IGC!

Ha ha some good games/times the only person I fell out with was that American Psycho TikTak, I think she's actually still on my friends list 😧. I will be watching the reviews for this game very carefully, looks interesting.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simmy wrote: »
    I think she's actually still on my friends list

Your a brave boy Simmy! Lol. I still break out in a cold sweat every time I hear PGA 12 The Masters menu music! Anyway, good to hear from you, hope things are good. I’ll be bagging this on PC initially, but from what I’m hearing HB are implementing cross platform play. Allowing players to play against their rivals ghost rounds from other formats..
    We want cross-platform sharing, cross-platform play, and cross-platform leader boards to be a reality. This is something that we as gamers are really excited about, so we are trying to do everything we can to make this happen.

Peter Garcin - TGC Executive Producer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the fact we've offloaded PS4 for now and my first tee-off is likely to be via PC, I still maintain great interest in TGC on Sony's console. So here's a useful tutorial video exploring object placement, allowing enhancement and personalisation of your courses. A broad variety of items can be placed to adorn your design, including pub-benches, clubhouses and ornate signs. I particularly like the placement, amidst some lush grasses of a quaint restroom around 2.25. Much creative fun to be had here, and I'm starting to think I may well be designing and playing in equal measures.

Object Placement
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it could be good as folk will spend ages placing detail. Im wondering if we might also see some crazy golf courses too using this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More promise here as it looks likely the PS4 version will be running at full 1080 and close to 60fps. That's according to this recent interview with TGC Producer Anthony Kyne..
    Q - Is the Resolution/FPS figure 1080p/60, at which The Golf Club will run on PS4 and Xbox One? If YES, can you please provide us the details?

Anthony Kyne - That’s the aim, we’re running in 1080p at the moment but not quite at 60fps. I don’t think we have an actual hard figure for FPS its more about getting to a point where it feels right.

Full Interview
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More promise here as it looks likely the PS4 version will be running at full 1080 and close to 60fps. That's according to this recent interview with TGC Producer Anthony Kyne..

Full Interview

What do you think of the swing animations ? To me they seem very clunky. That might not be the right word but it does not seem very fluid at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    What do you think of the swing animations ? To me they seem very clunky. That might not be the right word but it does not seem very fluid at all.

From what I’ve read HB are aware of this and other issues which have been reported via the Beta. Bear in mind also that this isn't a yearly release, more of an evolving project with additional features being regularly added. So I’m sure any quirks will be tidied up prior to, and indeed beyond release. According to form they are demonstrating the PS4 version at GDC, so hopefully we’ll get to see some console Golfing action this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the GDC here's some slightly grainy footage of TGC on PS4. Clearly not an optimum feed but it still looks very good, boasting a rich colour palette and featuring smooth frames. Although the side slope stance needs some fine tuning. But having seen this I may pass on PC and bag another 4 for when this longevity heaving beaut launches this Spring.

TGC PS4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TGC Beta is now on build 3 and significant improvements have been implemented. Testers report a more 'realistic experience' with a range of options to toggle playing aids such has marker and overhead views. Greens are slicker and driving has been tweaked to provide more challenge. Along with the promise of a slick console framerate and full 1080, TGC is evolving very nicely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the key selling points of TGC for me is the abundant creative aspects provided by the course creator. To highlight this here’s another short dev video of the intuitive customisation on offer. This one outlines the simple process to insert a picturesque pond or lake into your design. Again, just a minute or so is taken to achieve this course enhancing visual.

Water Feature

In other news, no date yet for PS4 launch. But the PC open beta via Steam seems to be fairly imminent, a fortnight perhaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. Can imagine folk creating some spectacularly wacky courses
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Looks good. Can imagine folk creating some spectacularly wacky courses

Indeed Gilly. Limited, as they say, only by your imagination. And already there's a fair few courses that are top quality. This both aesthetically and indeed from a knowledgeable course design aspect. And to reiterate, all published courses will be free to download, which is another worthy selling point for TGC.

HB are still targetting a PS4 Spring launch btw, but no official date yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The early access for TGC has launched over at Steam and it's very competitively priced at just £26.99. Plus there's a 15% discount till 24.4 bringing that down to just £22.94. Cracking number! I'll be bagging this on PC predominantly for course design and utilise our incoming PS4 for playing some Golf! No pricing yet for PS4 but that PC figure bodes well.

TGC @ Steam
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And already there's a fair few courses that are top quality. This both aesthetically and indeed from a knowledgeable course design aspect.

As PS4 launch draws ever closer, I‘ll be highlighting some of the more attractive courses available for free download. Here’s Little Brook Manor, which boasts a rich autumnal palette, charming object placement and pleasing water features. Best viewed in 1080.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be honest. At this stage I'm a little bit underwhelmed by that. What's going on with the back ground trees ? Colours and textures popping in and out. Particularly noticeable on tee off. Its all I could end up watching when viewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be honest. At this stage I'm a little bit underwhelmed by that. What's going on with the back ground trees ? Colours and textures popping in and out. Particularly noticeable on tee off. Its all I could end up watching when viewing.

Early access PC version, graphical optimisation is ongoing. Shadow rendering etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early access PC version, graphical optimisation is ongoing. Shadow rendering etc.

Hope so chelsea as was on my list to get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so chelsea as was on my list to get.

I’m pretty confident we’ll be fine on the 4 Allan. PC performance is always going to be heavily reliant on the users hardware. Hence the videos to date vary in visual fluidity, and as mentioned it's early access. I’ve only seen one PS4 video and it featured none of the graphical issues you mention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another appealing course on my to do list. The short par 3 woodland themed Nature Valley. This is an early PC closed beta build btw.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know this game was PS4 exclusive, i will have to report the imposter that is on Steam :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know this game was PS4 exclusive, i will have to report the imposter that is on Steam :)

Its not is it? Unless that was your point. It's pc x1 and p4 as far as I know.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not is it? Unless that was your point. It's pc x1 and p4 as far as I know.

And yet here we are on the PS4 board ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah happens a lot. I see specific ps4 or xbox1 questions on the general games board and likewise multi plats on a specific forum. Guess it depends the op preference in console but would think something a mod would notice and tidy up. ...seems not though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess it depends the op preference in console

For Golf gaming I have a strong console preference, whether that be the PGA Tour series or indeed TGC. Though I’m not averse to a casual round on PC.

I didn’t want this Golf topic to become bloated out with the technical issues that will inevitably arise from the PC platform. Additionally I eventually intend to intermittently discuss and promote EA’s forthcoming PS4 PGA Tour Golf game under this ‘Golf Club’ banner, and in all likelihood EA’s game will be console only. Having said all that, I think I've made it abundantly clear throughout this topic that the game is multi-platform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I intend to intermittently discuss and promote EA’s forthcoming PS4 PGA Tour Golf game

And speaking of the great series, here’s PGA 12 The Masters for under a fiver. No MP now but the significant depth and diversity of single player will entertain for months. Indeed I still regularly partake in this one three years after bagging it on PSN. Very highly recommended and a nice way to hone that Golfing touch ahead of TGC’s launch.

PGA Tour Golf 12 - PS3