13»

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Re: Moran. Thanks, Pru:)

That's appalling about Mowlam's treatment. I do remember the schtick she got over her appearance sadly. I should perhaps look over some of LLP's work; I might see it in a diferent light these days. I know Pattell recently suffered cancer of the eyelid and wrote about her loss of esteem over her appearance. Whether that has had an affect on the way she writes these days, I have no idea. I got tired of reading her bile a couple of years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10151366/Michael-Goves-wife-Sarah-Vine-is-the-new-Lynda-Lee-Potter.html

There's a whole batch of these nasty spiteful harpies. The phrase Potter used to describe Mo Mowlam was only slightly effeminate Geordie trucker!
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10151366/Michael-Goves-wife-Sarah-Vine-is-the-new-Lynda-Lee-Potter.html

There's a whole batch of these nasty spiteful harpies. The phrase Potter used to describe Mo Mowlam was only slightly effeminate Geordie trucker!

So it only takes one person to say "New Lynda Lee Potter" and everyone takes that on face value, no questions asked. How these people love themselves. Thank goodness the relevant piece was 10 lines long. Says it all really.

The irony though is that LLP would probably dislike many of these women. Birds of feather may flock together but I've a feeling they would hate each other on site. Women of that ilk tend to. I'm sure Platell has said something disparaging about Janet Street Porter at some point. While LLP may have been "feared", her successors are just pathetically and limp-wristedly disliked.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    She must live a very sad and unfulfilled existence, to be so cruel.

She writes for the Daily Mail, so a bitter, inadequate and hate-fuelled existence is all but guaranteed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jan Moir is a hateful, hateful, despicable piece of filth who is actually a very poor writer.

What else would you expect from a DM journalist?

Humanity, empathy, and talent isn't known to venture across the threshold of 'Northcliffe Towers'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    I prefer Katie Hopkins' approach. No attempt to try and pass herself off as 'serious journalism', her trolling is as transparent as newly-polished glass. I don't like her but her 'malice' veers on parody and is easy to eye-roll past.

Moir, on the other hand, is a vile old bigot.

Obviously, why else would a vile old bigot like Dacre employ her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    She's a reflection of the DM's editorial narrative, BEL. They're not keen on 'minorities' of any shape, size, colour, creed or persuasion.

I always feel "Hatred of the ignorant*, by the ignorant, for the ignorant" neatly encapsulates the Mail philosophy.

(* - and foreigners!)
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not true that L'wren Scott was known only for being Mick Jagger's girlfriend, but even if it was true, which would you rather be known as....

The long-term partner of an international music icon

Or

A woman who writes bitchy articles about people who have just died, in sudden and unexpected circumstances, at a time when the dead person's family and lived ones are grieving and trying to make sense of what happened.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    Obviously, why else would a vile old bigot like Dacre employ her?

This up-close-and-personal Dacre scrutiny is always worth a re-visit -

http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/06/daily_nail4.jpg

(Original article at Gallery of the Absurd - http://www.galleryoftheabsurd.com/2007/12/look-at-those-w.html)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    It's not true that L'wren Scott was known only for being Mick Jagger's girlfriend, but even if it was true, which would you rather be known as....

Or

A woman who writes bitchy articles about people who have just died, in sudden and unexpected circumstances, at a time when the dead person's family and lived ones are grieving and trying to make sense of what happened.

I think Moir is that cold-hearted that she probably doesn't even care what probably most people think of her venomous and catty articles.
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »

Or

Very good point, Bookaddict. What a sad existence that hateful old shrew must have.

I know which I'd rather (or not) be remembered as.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

There's a whole batch of these nasty spiteful harpies

I wonder which ones they were at school - the "mean girls" or pathetic keyboard warrior types who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

Either way, how depressing that there is no end to these disgusting journalists. The fact that so many are female and claim to be feminists is a a bigger worry as it does nothing to help feminism either.
  • Options
    waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    So it only takes one person to say "New Lynda Lee Potter" and everyone takes that on face value, no questions asked. How these people love themselves. Thank goodness the relevant piece was 10 lines long. Says it all really.

The irony though is that LLP would probably dislike many of these women. Birds of feather may flock together but I've a feeling they would hate each other on site. Women of that ilk tend to. I'm sure Platell has said something disparaging about Janet Street Porter at some point. While LLP may have been "feared", her successors are just pathetically and limp-wristedly disliked.

Lynda Lee-Potter was a spiteful old bitch, Jan Moir is copying her sadly! Sarah Vine is being mercilessly satirized as 'Sarah Vain' by Private Eye, though you have to have a little sympathy as she's married to Michael Gove!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to dislike Janet Street-Porter with a passion but she has grown on me in recent years. For all her 'tough' exterior she is a clever and sensitive soul at heart and has mellowed over the years. I don't always agree with her but at least she can take back what she dishes out and I've seen her do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't STAND Janet Street Porter. Admittedly I haven't seen what she's been up to in an age because I avoid her like the plague so maybe she has indeed mellow but I remember her as an unbearable big mouth who was yet another total embarrassment to feminism.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What astonishes me is, why someone so very ignorant & blatantly homophobic is employed. Why would anyone enjoy reading her nasty articles, far less take them seriously.:confused:
    How can you call her nasty when she was so "troubled" by the death of Stephen Gately? Moir had the courage to look beyond the sudden death from natural causes and divulge her fantasy scenario in which Gately had been buggered to death.

This fine lady dared to share her imaginary game of Sodomy Cluedo with the general public, while lesser commentators thought it best to stick to the facts.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    The day of the "columnist" is coming to an end anyway. The internet has widened the field for opinion. Anyone can offer their opinion these days. No need for anyone to look to columnists who are usually ill-informed or agenda-drive in any case.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The day of the "columnist" is coming to an end anyway. The internet has widened the field for opinion. Anyone can offer their opinion these days. No need for anyone to look to columnists who are usually ill-informed or agenda-drive in any case.

Well when they are as vitriolic (sic) as the Daily Mail "gals", that surely is a good thing.;-)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well when they are as vitriolic (sic) as the Daily Mail "gals", that surely is a good thing.;-)

Absolutely. Jan Moir and people like her are poison when writing their columns.