Neighbour selling cars on our street. Is it Illegal?

2»

Comments

• horseychick28horseychick28 Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I run my own business (not repairing cars though!) and I pay my taxes so why the hell shouldn't he be paying his???
  • EnglandfcEnglandfc Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I run my own business (not repairing cars though!) and I pay my taxes so why the hell shouldn't he be paying his???

Who said he isnt?
  • uchman365uchman365 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Englandfc wrote: »
    Who said he isnt?

If he was paying his business rates, theres no way the council will allow him to be doing it outside his house.
    I bet it is not a registered business premises.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    So you think its acceptable to leave untaxed cars on the road? My car is both taxed and insured.

I don't see how it is a private affair really when he is dumping his tatty old banger all over my street.

Your Street!!!?????

I think you'll find that you don't own the street.

What business is it of yours???

Typical curtain twitching busy body!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member

How do you know he isn't paying his.

Is it any of yours or the OP business wether he is or not. If you think it is, then it's as much my business to know wether you are paying yours. Are You?? Can you post some proof here....
    ...Or are you just a busy body prying into other peoples business while keeping your own to yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uchman365 wrote: »
    If he was paying his business rates, theres no way the council will allow him to be doing it outside his house.
    I bet it is not a registered business premises.

How do you know he is paying his taxes or not? You dont. He could be paying them because he said he uses his garage at home to fix the cars and sell them on his private land.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mabus wrote: »
    Your Street!!!?????

I think you'll find that you don't own the street.

What business is it of yours???

Typical curtain twitching busy body!!

Im not curtain twitching at all. Everytime I set foot through my front door Im met by one of his vehicles for sale on a public hightway.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first home was a terraced house that me and the wife bought. The thing with this type of housing is that you have to be tolerant and considerate when it comes to your neighbours.

I always made sure I parked outside my house and I left enough room for my neighbours to park outside theirs. If the spot was taken outside my house, which did happen a lot with visitors, I made sure I parked outside a house where the owners didn't own a car.

If this guy is cluttering up the street with cars and tools left obstructing the pavement then you have every right to be upset by this. It is obvious this bloke doesn't care about his neighbours and thinks he can use the area as his own private car lot.

If you feel confident enough then speak to him and raise your concerns. If the bloke doesn't care or you don't fancy tackling him yourself then get the local authority or any other relevant agency involved.

You live there so you have every right to be upset and do something about if it this guy is bothering you.

I'm not a curtain twitching busy body as I like to deal with people head on instead of going to the police, etc but I'd rather be a busy body than someone like Mabus who seems to think this kind of anti social behaviour is OK.

So Mabus, are you some kind of chav scum idiot or bad neighbour?

You think you can make sweeping statements about someone without knowing them so I will do the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    Mabus wrote: »
    Just what the world needs....another sly hypocrit wanting to report neighbours, checking tax discs in the street whilst saying nothing to the person they are sneakily checking up on.
    Maybe your neighbours are all calling you, wishing YOU lived in another street prying into different neighbours private affairs.

Checking Tax Discs in the street. YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!
    I can 'kind of' understand where you are coming from.. my partner and i have 2 cars parked outside and we have a neighbour from up the road who constantly keeps checking our car tax (which is always up to date by the way!!) and snooping around our cars, he inspects our garden and even complained to the council because our hedge was a bit overgrown!! and he constantly complains that we have 2 cars parked outside! I hate interferring neighbours too.. he gets right on my wick.. it's not HIS road.. HE doesn't own it.. and my cars are taxed and entitled to be on the road.. end of!
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiger feet wrote: »
    Is this neighbour causing an obstruction to yourself as far as parking your car is concerned?

If not, then I suggest you live and let live and let him get on with it.

My mum's neighbours do a bit of car work, and she let's them use her drive. They look after her and you could not get better people. [dad came down with altzihmers] to know my mum is ok

They give her lots of **** to say thanks [ok not healthy] but I live quite far away and I know she is sorted.
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solitaire1 wrote: »
    I can 'kind of' understand where you are coming from.. my partner and i have 2 cars parked outside and we have a neighbour from up the road who constantly keeps checking our car tax (which is always up to date by the way!!) and snooping around our cars, he inspects our garden and even complained to the council because our hedge was a bit overgrown!! and he constantly complains that we have 2 cars parked outside! I hate interferring neighbours too.. he gets right on my wick.. it's not HIS road.. HE doesn't own it.. and my cars are taxed and entitled to be on the road.. end of!

Off topic.....I went to my brothers house today and on the way stopped to stroke at kitten. While I was talking to it and just stroking it a yokel busy body popped up over a hedge and stared at me the whole time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish, I don't even know him. Why should I accept my road being used as a giant car show room just so he can make a few extra quid?

If he wants to do that sort of thing he should rent a workshop or lock up somewhere.

couldn't agree more. Police, local council. Do it, sparklebabe.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was on 5th gear or some such show one that cars for sale at the road side have to be so many yards apart unless at buisness premises, something like 150 yards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Englandfc wrote: »
    Public liability insurance is not needed, its just there if you want to take it out.

Until you get sued for something and wish you had it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gyles wrote: »
    Until you get sued for something and wish you had it.

Yeah but that doesnt take away the fact you dont need it by law which someone said you do.