Options

Thomson DTI6300 v7.03 problem

rockhen67rockhen67 Posts: 5
Forum Member
Is there anyone else out there with this problem? When upgrading from 6.54 to 7.03, the screen is blank, no menu, nothing. I switch off at the mains, reboot and Immediately press the menu button (like my life depended on it) so the menu DOES come up without going to live TV first, I manage to revert the software back to 6.54, but then my smart card is not visible and I can't get into the library or planned recordings or pause live TV as a box pops up saying I don't have a subscription, I scan again, switch off and it's back to normal! How the hell do you stop a software update!!??:eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is your machine running 7.03....... I don't think this is the current general release of the s/w as per the TUTV website..... Did you force a s/w upgrade?
  • Options
    CullimoreCullimore Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it must of been a typo. maybe he meant 6.03:confused:
  • Options
    rockhen67rockhen67 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    She meant 7.03, it's not done it again, 6.54 as normal now, probably a glitch somewhere.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there goning to be a new version soon then??:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    7.01 appeared on mine this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cool, now if i could only get it to do the last update i maybe able to get this one.

what part of UK you in??

Berkshire here.

edit: just noticed, you are in W Yorkshire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the confusion, this was from the North West transmitter.
  • Options
    television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Promptly put mine back to version 5.06! I wish we could have a way of stopping uploads. I do not have any problems with version 5.06 using it on Freeview+
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's another problem with v7.03,on a Thomson DTI6300.
    Complete loss of the ability to use series link.
    the option doesn't appear when setting up a timer record,from the programme guide,whereas it did previously.

Has anyone elsy lost the series link feature?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's another problem with v7.03,on a Thomson DTI6300.
    Complete loss of the ability to use series link.
    the option doesn't appear when setting up a timer record,from the programme guide,whereas it did previously.

Has anyone elsy lost the series link feature?

On checking the software version this evening,it has changed to 7.04 from 7.03.The problem of the missing series link remains,though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost my link a while ago, about 6 months in fact, I had to get new caps fitted and a hard drive and after that it disappeared, I now use it in a freeview lite area in a caravan and its only on at the weekends, I dont remember what software version it has. I will bring it home for the winter and then try and get it back again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    This is the exact problem I had a while ago. I called the customer service and they didn't seem to know what's going on. In just few hours the connection fixed by itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi besides no series link, I took it up to my caravan and it's a lite area and the epg wouldn't update (blank) so I took in home and set it up and still the epg is blank, anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newbee wrote: »
    anyone know what the problem is?

Is your box in original condition or have you made any repairs to it. Specifically the Power Supply Unit (PSU). There are two capacitors on the board that are not good enough quality and these tend to fail. Problems with tuning, failure to populate the EPG correctly and failure to spin up the hard disk are all common symptoms.

If you (or a friend) can solder self repair is pretty cheap, around £5.00 (inc VAT & delivery) for top quality parts from Satcure that almost certainly will outlive the rest of the box (avoid ebay and cheaper sources of capacitors as these can often be as bad or worse than the originals).

More info in this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masteriser wrote: »
    Is your box in original condition or have you made any repairs to it. Specifically the Power Supply Unit (PSU). There are two capacitors on the board that are not good enough quality and these tend to fail. Problems with tuning, failure to populate the EPG correctly and failure to spin up the hard disk are all common symptoms.

If you (or a friend) can solder self repair is pretty cheap, around £5.00 (inc VAT & delivery) for top quality parts from Satcure that almost certainly will outlive the rest of the box (avoid ebay and cheaper sources of capacitors as these can often be as bad or worse than the originals).

More info in this thread.

Thanks for getting back to me, I had the PSU fixed last year and had to replace the HD, the EPG was populating until I took it up to my caravan and when at home the same problem exsists.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never occured to me but i checked which SW version it was using and it was on the 14 day extended version, moed it the 8 day version and 'hey presto'!

Populating now