Amy's Pregnancy (Speculation! Now in Spoiler Tags!)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
One particular line from 'Day Of The Moon' really stuck in my head.

Remember this exchange?
Silence: You are Amelia Pond.
Amy: You're ugly. Has anyone ever mentioned that to you?
Silence: We do you honour! You will bring the Silence. But your part will soon be over.
Amy: Whatever that means.

To my mind, there's only one possible explanation.
Amy is pregnant with a 'Silence' Baby.

The Evidence: The Tardis is unable to maintain a positive pregnancy result, as every time it the scanner sweeps past Amy - it forgets that it ever saw the Silence Baby inside her.

I'm right, aren't I. Poor Amy. :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They actually said 'deilver the Silence' which makes it even more possible that the plan of The Silence is to keep this child alive, make it live through these events and thus have a massive impact on the second half of the series - possibly regenerating into the newest evil thing to come the way of the Doctor

EDIT: Could also explain why Amy was trapped in a Time Loop in the Tardis as the Doctor investigated the Lodger flat - if she were to get in there then the ship may recognise her and take her as a pilot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They actually said 'deilver'
    'Bring'. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure I heard deliver!

Ahh it's the same meaning :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Haha this seems like a Xena plot :D

Xeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennaaaaaaaaaa
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »

The Evidence: The Tardis is unable to maintain a positive pregnancy result, as every time it the scanner sweeps past Amy - it forgets that it ever saw the Silence Baby inside her.
    Except that there's no evidence that machines do forget.
    The cameras used to photograph and record the Silents certainly didn't. Of course the TARDIS scanner could be different.......
    It is indeed possible that Amy thought she was pregnant, and then forgot. :eek:
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    but the tardis isn't all machine though
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    delosd wrote: »
    but the tardis isn't all machine though
    True. (I actually edited my post just before you posted!)
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure I heard deliver!

Ahh it's the same meaning :p

No bring and deliver are completely different in meaning. They definently say bring and that simply can mean that they use her to create themselves. My theory is that in a some what paradoxical story (hey its a time travel series, its riddled with paradoxes) where the Silence cause the TARDIS to explode to create themselves (so essentially they are a post TARDIS explotion monster). Hope that make sense. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Silence cause the TARDIS to explode to create themselves (so essentially they are a post TARDIS explotion monster). Hope that make sense. :p
    So prior to ever existing, they somehow created an existence wiping explosion that caused them to paradoxically exist, even though people were mentioning them long before they existed and any of this occurred - which now it didn't, cause it happened in another version of reality.

Yeah, umm... there's wibbly wobbly - and then there's... well, that.... I don't really see this theory panning out.
  • freeteefreetee Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking that the little girl could be half human half time lord and that she could be Amy and the doctors, I think the girl might be connected with the silence as well but I'm not sure how.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So prior to ever existing, they somehow created an existence wiping explosion that caused them to paradoxically exist, even though people were mentioning them long before they existed and any of this occurred - which now it didn't, cause it happened in another version of reality.

Yeah, umm... there's wibbly wobbly - and then there's... well, that.... I don't really see this theory panning out.

Why not? There is no paradoxical reason why my theory would be wrong. Also, in support of my theory it would explain easily why they are so ridiculously powerful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? There is no paradoxical reason why my theory would be wrong. Also, in support of my theory it would explain easily why they are so ridiculously powerful.
    As origin stories go - it's *a teency bit* convoluted, even you must admit. Not to mention, it's all a bit much for the average 7 year old to wrap their head around. (Especially when 'they come from another planet' also satisfactorily explains their origin and motivations.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that I'm right.
  • artensollartensoll Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One particular line from 'Day Of The Moon' really stuck in my head.

Remember this exchange?
    Silence: You are Amelia Pond.
    Amy: You're ugly. Has anyone ever mentioned that to you?
    Silence: We do you honour! You will bring the Silence. But your part will soon be over.
    Amy: Whatever that means.

To my mind, there's only one possible explanation.

I'm right, aren't I. Poor Amy. :(

I like this theory, it would explain why they insist the girl is cared for.

I had been thinking along similar lines because when they kidnapped Amy they told her she'd been with them for days. They could have done anything to her in that time. I was thinking of those people who claim to have been abducted by aliens who have lost days and have vague memories of medical procedures being performed on them. Probes, and such...:eek:

As for the child having the ability to regenerate, maybe they got hold of some of the Doctor's DNA and used that to impregnate Amy. This could also be the 'huge secret' that is said to threaten Amy and Rory's marriage later on. He is already pretty insecure about Amy's relationship with the Doctor. If she tried to convince him she hadn't slept with the Doctor to become pregant by him, it would be hard for Rory to accept.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    There is a reason - that causing the TARDIS to explode and creating the cracks in time necessitated changing the entirety of history. This cannot be a predestination paradox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie I like your theory a lot! However if Amy is indeed impregnated with a silence baby, it means that the little girl in the spacesuit is not Amy's daughter- because nobody has any problems seeing and remembering her. So it would mean the little girl was something else, but seeing as we've been so obviously encouraged to believe that the little girl is Amy's daughter, it would seem a little too obvious anyway.

However, having said that, there are reasons to believe that the little girl IS in fact Amy's daughter, and is still a creation of The Silence. Back in The Lodger we found out that the ship (that we now know may have belonged to The Silence) was in need of a Time Lord in order to pilot it, since the crew (The Silence) were killed (in 1969perhaps). This also suggests that the silence have a lot in common with time lords...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Soo..as per "The Lodger" we know the DIY tardis needs a time Lord pilot.

I really really doubt that Amy's (possible in a different timeline) baby is going to be a timelord. I've a feeling that the universe reboot left Amy travelling different timelines at once, the universe has more in store for her - but maybe not Badwolf.

Perhaps River and the Doctor's?

More like Amy is Aunty to the baby hence that photo.

Also remember that Moffat likes to hide references in previous episodes - he has a small idea in the bath one day and thinks - "I can use that in a year or 2 - better drop some hints now"

Anyway - the idea of a baby concieved in teh Tardis with a "time head", nah...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freetee wrote: »
    I'm thinking that the little girl could be half human half time lord and that she could be Amy and the doctors, I think the girl might be connected with the silence as well but I'm not sure how.

Thats kinda how I feel, but just because I cannot for the life of me find another reason why a) Amy was so desperate to tell him and b) why the doctor was so interested in why she was so desperate to tell him. I know Amy said it was because he's her best friend but.. I dunno, she said that just before she showed that she knew Rory was listening. What if she realised he was listening and stopped, making up all the stuff about worrying about three heads?

I've probably watched wayy too much predictable trash tv to come up with that problem..:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    mentioned in TIA that she has 2 secrets. the obvious ideas about what these are are
    1. she's pregnant (the secret the silence said she had to tell the doctor)
    and 2. the doctor dies. (the secret she should never tell him)

Personally I dont think that the thing the silence dont want her to tell the dr is his death. I think she has another secret or something from when she was a child that the silence have made her forget.