New Marina and the Diamonds - The Electra Heart Era

1373839404143»

Comments

• bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Marina's Twitter.

Either the "Heartcore" documentary premiere date, or a new era announcement. She was pictured with Calvin Harris recently, I'd say she's definitely a contender for a collaboration. If Radioactive had've been a Calvin Harris track, it would've smashed for sure.

I'm really excited for the 'Heartcore' documentary, hope it lives up to expectations! Also, I would LOVE to hear a Marina/Calvin track, it'd be amazing and would help Marina's career quite a bit. However, I think they were just at a party together :(

I think it's too early for a new era announcement as she only started work on her third album in January/February.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra Heart is nearly a year old :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/songwriter+Maria+Diamandis+will+rely+instinct/8322002/story.html

Really good interview here, confirms she will release 3 more music videos but has apparently bankrupted 679.. oh Marina.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She teased a new song last night just before her set started! Sounds like a $mash/banger. Perhaps this is what the release date was alluding to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5vOaPaZBV4E
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She teased a new song last night just before her set started! Sounds like a $mash/banger. Perhaps this is what the release date was alluding to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5vOaPaZBV4E

I just heard about that - it sounds epic! I really hope that she releases it soon, or at least tells the fans what its about. If we have to wait until the August 8th to hear it I may die from desperation! :(

I've heard a couple of rumours that its called Lights and will be on a re-release of Electra Heart in the US. However, I would take this with a pinch of salt as Marina has basically confirmed that the EH era is over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just heard about that - it sounds epic! I really hope that she releases it soon, or at least tells the fans what its about. If we have to wait until the August 8th to hear it I may die from desperation! :(

I've heard a couple of rumours that its called Lights and will be on a re-release of Electra Heart in the US. However, I would take this with a pinch of salt as Marina has basically confirmed that the EH era is over.

I think the 8.8.13 is when the final part of Electra Heart will be released. It marks the two year anniversary of when Fear & Loathing was first uploaded to her Youtube channel.

I have every faith in Marina that she'll tell us what "Lights" is in relation to - she's not one to tease and then not reveal. I think the Electra Heart era is well and truly dead come August so I don't see any re-releases on the horizon. I've heard a rumour it's the title track "Electra Heart" but I think it's just fans theorizing. Either way there's still alot to look forward to. I think she'll leak/release some other tracks in the mean time. Heartcore is out soon aswell, there's loads of trailers on Youtube :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out it is the title track! Full version of the snippet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWy_IPo_5h0

Quite a few people are claiming to have the studio version so it should leak soon..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out it is the title track! Full version of the snippet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWy_IPo_5h0

Quite a few people are claiming to have the studio version so it should leak soon..

Hope to hear it soon, I really like the dubstep influence.

Also, Marina's collaboration with Charli XCX was just voted BBC Radio 1's best new song on the review show! It was up against Mariah Carey, Beyonce and two other songs, which I can't remember! Interesting to hear that it was played on radio, wish it could chart as its obviously popular!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope to hear it soon, I really like the dubstep influence.

Also, Marina's collaboration with Charli XCX was just voted BBC Radio 1's best new song on the review show! It was up against Mariah Carey, Beyonce and two other songs, which I can't remember! Interesting to hear that it was played on radio, wish it could chart as its obviously popular!

Oh thanks for the heads up, going to give the review show a listen now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marina premiered a new version of Lies on The Conon Show - not sure on the exact title of the show. I would post the video but I'm on my phone. There's a new verse towards the end which, I think, really suits the song and I'd love to hear a studio version. Shame she never got a chance to release the track as I believe it would have done well, given the right promotion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an interesting interview about the whole second album campaign and Marina reveals the pressure that her record label have on her for the third album! :o

http://vimeo.com/66033551
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Listening to Electra Heart whilst cleaning my car today and there is not one bad track on it I think, I wish she released Bubblegum Bitch as a single :(

I just have too. And I agree. It's a cohesive piece. I love Lies too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an interesting interview about the whole second album campaign and Marina reveals the pressure that her record label have on her for the third album! :o

http://vimeo.com/66033551

I saw this a few weeks ago, brilliant interview. She's so honest and upfront which is why I like her so much. I'm all for Marina going back to writing all her own stuff again, I like that she's mentioned Scandinavia as the place she has in mind for recording the album. Swedes make the best Electronic music so hopefully she continues with that sound. I still think she can "make it", she's definitely yet to peak commercially. She's selling out 5,000 capacity venues in the States without a hit single to her name. Who knows, with album 3 - she really might breakthrough. She has the look and the solid fanbase, just she's yet to rake in the casual buyers. That's down to commercial radio not supporting her though.

The last 3 parts of Electra Heart are to be released between now and August 8th. One each month I'm guessing, with the title track being revealed in full at the end. Also meaning we'll have all 20 tracks (aswell as the interludes & demos) she recorded for the album available to us..

Bubblegum Bitch
    Primadonna
    Lies
    Homewrecker
    Starring Role
    The State of Dreaming
    Power & Control
    Living Dead
    Teen Idle
    Valley of the Dolls
    Hypocrates
    Fear and Loathing

Radioactive
    Sex Yeah
    Lonely Hearts Club
    Buy The Stars

How To Be A Heartbreaker
    E.V.O.L
    Just Desserts (formerly known as The Other Foot)
    Electra Heart

The Archetypes
    Su-Barbie-A
    Scab & Plaster
    Miss Y
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this a few weeks ago, brilliant interview. She's so honest and upfront which is why I like her so much. I'm all for Marina going back to writing all her own stuff again, I like that she's mentioned Scandinavia as the place she has in mind for recording the album. Swedes make the best Electronic music so hopefully she continues with that sound. I still think she can "make it", she's definitely yet to peak commercially. She's selling out 5,000 capacity venues in the States without a hit single to her name. Who knows, with album 3 - she really might breakthrough. She has the look and the solid fanbase, just she's yet to rake in the casual buyers. That's down to commercial radio not supporting her though.

The last 3 parts of Electra Heart are to be released between now and August 8th. One each month I'm guessing, with the title track being revealed in full at the end. Also meaning we'll have all 20 tracks (aswell as the interludes & demos) she recorded for the album available to us..

Bubblegum Bitch
    Primadonna
    Lies
    Homewrecker
    Starring Role
    The State of Dreaming
    Power & Control
    Living Dead
    Teen Idle
    Valley of the Dolls
    Hypocrates
    Fear and Loathing

Radioactive
    Sex Yeah
    Lonely Hearts Club
    Buy The Stars

How To Be A Heartbreaker
    E.V.O.L
    Just Desserts (formerly known as The Other Foot)
    Electra Heart

The Archetypes
    Su-Barbie-A
    Scab & Plaster
    Miss Y

I agree, as Marina said herself, she's a tortoise artist, not a hare! I don't think we've seen the best from her yet and I'm so happy for her with her US success! She's more popular over there than she is here! I just hope she gets the commercial success she deserves because, as you say, she has a solid fanbase (How to be a Heartbreaker made it to #88 with no radio or TV promotion!) its just commercial radio needs to pick her up and she needs to make the right single choices *cough* Power and Control *cough* as I think that was her downfall for the Electra Heart Era!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    She tweeted about Clare Maguire's new demo recently https://soundcloud.com/claremaguire/ :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marina tweeted that she is filming in New York with Garnier! Might be a commercial with one of her songs maybe? Interested to see what it is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marina said in an interview that Album #3 could be released as early as September 2014. I'm going to guess at an Autumn 2014 release, even possibly an early 2015 release, as Marina said 'Electra Heart' would be released February 2012 but it was delayed by 2 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PART 10 is coming soon! Marina tweeted a picture of herself looking rather sad with the caption PART 10.

http://instagram.com/p/btPTPQJPkA/#

Many fans say its a music video for Teen Idle!

Also, August 8th is almost upon us! It's three weeks tomorrow! The last three parts need to be released soon then! Maybe one per week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭