My HTC Sensation XL Crashes after start up

far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
Forum Member
Hello,

I recently posted an (unanswered) thread asking if there was a planned update for the sensation XL which would stop my phone from unexpectedly crashing.

However, the problem has reached new intolerable heights in such a way that even if they threw out an update specifically for this, I would be unable to download/apply it

If you've been kind enough to stick with me to this point let me fill you in - I recently bought a HTC Sensation XL as a replacement for my HTC Desire, but I bought it on eBay (Yes, I know, I've Only myself to blame :(:( )

For the first week all was well, then the phone starting crashing after phone calls and often randomly during other things

I hate the modern overuse of the word 'random' - but in this case there is no other way to describe when/how it was crashing and freezing

But, currently the problem it as it's most worse

Current Problem

When I turn it on, it will load up as usual to the lock screen,

After unlocking all will seem fine for a few seconds

Then, many error messages that look like this will appear for every single app that I have installed

After I've pressed 'Force Close' on all of them - The phone crashes and reboots
Repeating the problem

I've tried to a factory reset through the bootloader thing but that (nor anything else on that menu) makes any difference

I realise that this forum is not the best for terms of tech support so if anyone could point me in the direction of a good one (a quick Google lists many and I'm not sure which one would generate the best responses)

A quick check on the back of the device tells me the warranty is void and I'm on a SIM only contract so I have no support from the operator

I've managed to get myself into a bit of a pickle here I know
Any response (other than laughter, as that's all of had from friends so far) would be helpful,

Thanks

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Anyone? Please! - Even a bit of sympathy would be nice? :)
    Forum Member
    Well I'm off for a cry :(
  • jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Hi far2cool, heres a link to the Sensation XL section of XDA , hopefully they will be able to help you, they know there stuff...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1341

Good luck.
    Forum Member
    jaydogz wrote: »
    Hi far2cool, heres a link to the Sensation XL section of XDA , hopefully they will be able to help you, they know there stuff...

Good luck.

ah ok, thank you
    Forum Member
    jaydogz wrote: »

Good luck.

Well I registered on there, after watching that rather aggressive noob video, only to find I can't post in there anyway as I'm a new member, - not happy :(
    Forum Member
    I give up

I'm cutting my losses - the mazuma bag is on it's way...

If I'm lucky they might just give me a working price
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Have you tried doing a complete factory reset?

Download the firmware and give it a shot:-

http://hotfile.com/dl/145704399/e91fc04/RUU_Runnymede_HTC_Europe_1.05.401.4_R_Radio_20.5101.30.0822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_222101_signed.exe.html

This is just stock firmware. Its not rooted or anything so warranty will be fine.
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Have you tried doing a complete factory reset?

Download the firmware and give it a shot:-

http://hotfile.com/dl/145704399/e91fc04/RUU_Runnymede_HTC_Europe_1.05.401.4_R_Radio_20.5101.30.0822_3822.10.10.12_M_release_222101_signed.exe.html

This is just stock firmware. Its not rooted or anything so warranty will be fine.

yup, tried that

It wont reset,

If I do it via the phone, it crashes and reboots with no difference

I if do it via the bootloader, then it just reboots as normal, with no difference
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    yup, tried that

It wont reset,

If I do it via the phone, it crashes and reboots with no difference

I if do it via the bootloader, then it just reboots as normal, with no difference

Very odd indeed.

If its still under warranty send it back or try this if you havent already:-

• Perform a Soft reset by removing the battery again from the device whilst it is switched on, leave the battery out for two minutes before re-inserting and restarting your device.

• Perform a Hard reset
    Note: It is advised to back up all information prior to completing this (anything stored on the SD or SIM card will be un-affected). This will return your device to its original factory settings.
    Please find attached to this email information on how to back up your device.

How to perform a Hard Reset;

There are two ways to reset the handset to factory settings:
    1) Please press MENU from the home screen, then tap Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset > Reset phone, or
    2) With the phone turned off, long press the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press POWER.
    When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Was gonna type this all out but found it on another forum so just pinched it :D

EDIT:- Is this what you mean you have already tried?