Options

Len Goodman Threatens to Waltz off DWTS

McBrien76McBrien76 Posts: 949
Forum Member
✭✭
JUDGE Len Goodman has threatened to quit America’s Dancing With The Stars after an on-screen bust-up.

The head judge clashed with pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy after suffering a volley of abuse live on air.

Angry Len, 67, had a massive showdown with producers backstage and later warned he would resign.

read more: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/219309/Len-Goodman-set-to-waltz-off-show/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Thats what I like to see newspapers with their finger on the pulse :rolleyes:
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, is this for real, or from the Lazy Journalist thread?
    I particularly like the insider bit. Makes the whole story soo much more credible.
  • Options
    Sam WeissSam Weiss Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen this any place else. Perhaps the tabloid just wanted to be a little bit "creative"?
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest he won't be missed if he does go.
    Maybe he will leave SCD too:D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Len has been saying for sometime that he wanted to quit dwts - at least the autum series, because it is too much to keep commuting back and forth between uk & usa, but everytime the producers have talked him round.

As for the bust up with Maks - apparently (and allegedly - better put that in!!!!) there has been a lot of tension backstage between the pro dancers and Bruno and to a lesser extent Carrie-Ann. Some of that tension spilled over with Maks (unsurprisingly perhaps) & Len bore the brunt of it.

Personally I think it's of Bruno they need to remove from both shows. He acts so ridiculous he has become a liability.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Len has been saying for sometime that he wanted to quit dwts - at least the autum series, because it is too much to keep commuting back and forth between uk & usa, but everytime the producers have talked him round.

As for the bust up with Maks - apparently (and allegedly - better put that in!!!!) there has been a lot of tension backstage between the pro dancers and Bruno and to a lesser extent Carrie-Ann. Some of that tension spilled over with Maks (unsurprisingly perhaps) & Len bore the brunt of it.

Personally I think it's of Bruno they need to remove from both shows. He acts so ridiculous he has become a liability.

Yes, I am sick of his OTT showing off and stupidity.

Len has got even more bad tempered and 'miserable old man grumpy' and seems to have forgotten it's not his private platform, he's earning a tidy sum and it's a great show. If he doesn't like it he should just sod off!

I think Maks became a mouthpiece for the backstage unrest because he's inclined to speak as he finds :D I'm not one of Mak's fans but maybe Len should go as he is beginning to show his bile to the US audience and to mock them - which is a very stupid thing to do :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest he won't be missed if he does go.
    Maybe he will leave SCD too:D

Oh please, please, please! Yes.

Mind you if he did there'd be a meltdown with the die-hard SCD 'we hate change' brigade :D They OWN the show dontcha know!
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Oh please, please, please! Yes.

Mind you if he did there'd be a meltdown with the die-hard SCD 'we hate change' brigade :D They OWN the show dontcha know!

Am I evil in eagerly anticipating that?:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    No matter who the judges were there would still be whinging!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Tracymc40 wrote: »
    No matter who the judges were there would still be whinging!!

Oops also meant to say, i never believe everything the papers say!!

What people don't understand about Len is he is old school, it's not just the performance he looks at, it's the technical side of the dance he likes to see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Tracymc40 wrote: »
    Oops also meant to say, i never believe everything the papers say!!

What people don't understand about Len is he is old school, it's not just the performance he looks at, it's the technical side of the dance he likes to see.

When he feels like it..