Options

Speed caps being reinstated on Full Monty plans

Comments

• Options
    tarziontarzion Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the caps never affected everyone in the first place and hardly anyone is saying they have them back on... so..... whats your point there?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/t-mobile-acknowledge-remove-3-8mb-s-data-cap-full-monty-plan-no-tethering-voip-like-1278895

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fullmontydatacap/

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1666470

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=8010190259a1aa3013c254259b000754a

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=8010180f0ef6b1013c0254f7540028c3
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    a) they were lying about speed caps, and c) the T-Mobile people I had to deal with were rude

Agree with this.. Last week one agent kept the phone down on me when I asked her details to "complain"
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Most of the posts you list are started by people off here ;)
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    ajh94 wrote: »
    Just saying it how it is

I would come back with something witty, but I'm just a "clown"...
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I would come back with something witty, but I'm just a "clown"...

Hahahahaha!!!!
    He certainly put you in your place.
    Now stop clowning around and get back to work being unhelpful and clueless to customers.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Hahahahaha!!!!
    He certainly put you in your place.
    Now stop clowning around and get back to work being unhelpful and clueless to customers.
    :D:D:D

Hmmmmm quite....
  • Options
    HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could this be why I get a message on my T-Mobile account saying you are due for an Upgrade on 07-Feb when I started my 12 month contract with them back in August?

My T-Mobile, just seems to be broken. I started a 12 month contract in June and my renewal date was listed as 13th Jan. All that happened after 13th Jan was it changed to 13th May.

There is always an error whenever I try and view my plan either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm quite....

I don't know if some people rub CS staff up the wrong way but in 17 years I have never had one single issue with Orange CS. Always helpful and polite, a few wrong invoices that were delt with quickly and EE business CS is even better.
    Turns out i was suppose to "move" to EE via the Orange website if i wanted my 10% Orange loyalty discount transfered. I did it over the phone. But one phone call, the CS lady put me on hold while she spoke to Orange, came back and said the discount had been applied. Excellent!

Obviously that was a joke just now. Your "Hmmmmm Quite..." made me feel rather uneasy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe that was a bit harsh but I have never spoken to anyone at Orange or T-Mobile that has been of any help at all, I was even made to pay a £68 bill (over £30 my normal price) even though I didn't use anything extra and it was calculated incorrectly. That's bad service and just everyone I have spoken to seems to be clueless, not saying everyone is but that's what i'm finding.

Does anyone know if those new T-Mobile plans are definitely coming today?
  • Options
    reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ajh94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if those new T-Mobile plans are definitely coming today?

I doubt it now. Way past the working day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who mentioned they were coming today?

As VV is part of the plans, it's launch and new plans would go hand in hand..... i imagine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't remember but someone said the 22nd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't remember saying a date. I just said this week.
    Not getting the new plans confused with VVM are you?
    Having said that, VVM has been quoted as last week, the weekend, the 21st, 22nd and 23rd so maybe tomorrow it'll all happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are out...

But what's stopping them from capping 4G connections in the future?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    I don't remember saying a date. I just said this week.
    Not getting the new plans confused with VVM are you?
    Having said that, VVM has been quoted as last week, the weekend, the 21st, 22nd and 23rd so maybe tomorrow it'll all happen.

VV is working on EE4G, Orange but not TMUK yet... tomorrow? haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VV is working on EE4G, Orange but not TMUK yet... tomorrow? haha

Are you sure it's working on Orange? My mate, my (soon to be ex) wife and my Sister-in-law are on Orange iPhone extra plans and none of them have got it. Do you know if they have to send the text to 150 to activate?
    Assuming here that Orange users need to get the Voicemail number update text before it'll work? None of them have got it yet.
  • Options
    Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    So apparently the caps came in on 22nd as mentioned above.

Source
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    So apparently the caps came in on 22nd as mentioned above.

Source

They started on the 17th. that information sheet isnt really to be trusted.

And says the following:

Page 1 of 5

The information in this table is provided for comparison purposes only and does not form part of your agreement with T-Mobile. Please check http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=PRICEPLANS for details of your plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is on "What Happened" but this thread sort of seemed right too.
    No more unlimited data on Orange £51. It's gone!
    Allowance will now be 8Gb.
    Please don't prod me for more info. That is ALL I know.
    May know more later.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I think the days of truly unlimited data are very much numbered. Apps like whatsapp and viber will see to that.
  • Options
    danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danielmeah wrote: »

It's random... The other day I hit 20mbps before it got throttled back to 4mbps...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From another forum

"Have spoken to a contact in T mobile who is a friend and they have informed me that when EE were upgrading all their masts to be 4G capable using a Chinese firm to save on costs,the infrastructure has been damaged i.e. something is now effecting the 3G signal and they don't know what. They are doing all to narrow it down but ALL T mobile/Orange and EE staff have been told to deny it. Apparently moral is low at the call centres because they are fed up with all the complaints and having to play ignorant and deny any issue.
    He said it will be resolved but it is taking time.
    Another friend is receiving monthly refunds for this issue as the customer service agent has told him the same and said the only way to make T mobile sit up and tell the truth is if it gets them where it hurts i.e. refunds!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tarzion wrote: »
    From another forum

"Have spoken to a contact in T mobile who is a friend and they have informed me that when EE were upgrading all their masts to be 4G capable using a Chinese firm to save on costs,the infrastructure has been damaged i.e. something is now effecting the 3G signal and they don't know what. They are doing all to narrow it down but ALL T mobile/Orange and EE staff have been told to deny it. Apparently moral is low at the call centres because they are fed up with all the complaints and having to play ignorant and deny any issue.
    Another friend is receiving monthly refunds for this issue as the customer service agent has told him the same and said the only way to make T mobile sit up and tell the truth is if it gets them where it hurts i.e. refunds!"

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I had lost connection to the EE network when I woke up in the morning and it took me a few restarts of the phone to get connected to the network once again.

Also since morning my speeds have been pathetically slow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tarzion wrote: »
    From another forum

That's the biggest load of twaddle I've ever read.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    That's the biggest load of twaddle I've ever read.

Glad im not the only one who thought that. The only reason 3g/2g would be having issues in certain areas is due to the ongoing upgrades on orange masts