In Praise Of 1996

13»

Comments

• mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    It's a bloody awful song, isn't it?

Mark Morrison is from Leicester, not Da Hood.
    This makes him a bit like my dad, who is 63 and wears Simon Cowell trousers.:D

dreadful... the pratt used to frequent the pink cocoanut in derby, thinking he was summut really cool.

then he got prosecuted for summut, cant remember what, think it was gun crime... the quizmaster who ran pop music quizes i attended was a screw...he made mm scrub his cell floor...lol.. laughing (to himself) at the spectacle.
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    sorry

What about Dog Eat Dog: Who's the King

no probs
    dont know it....

jargon wrote: »
    For those of us listening to Mark and Lard, Your Woman counts as 1996!

well its borderline, it might have been released in 96, but charted early january 97 spending all of its chart run in 97.... for me it counts when its chart run was greater, not when it was released or even entered the chart.... so its97.

(have the same prob with keep on running, entered dec 65, but most of its chart run was 66 inc its highest pos...so for me its a hit from 66)
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a big fan of this back in 96. If I remember correctly it reached the lofty peak of Number 38 for a whole week.
    Underground by Ben Folds Five

http://youtu.be/jqADHn7SWlA
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys for Pele by Tori Amos was released in 1996. One of my favourite albums. Big love for Stranger in Moscow here too.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    97 is one for the future ;)

The 90s was a very erratic decade for me musically. My top 4 worst years until 2012 were all in the 90s. However, I often recall 1997 as the year the music went mad, and 13 of my top 40 songs of the decade were from that year! Mind you, 9 were from 1995 in fact. I recognised some quality in 1996 but was so living for other priorities that it mostly washed over me.
  • CoreenBaconskinCoreenBaconskin Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great year

6 Underground - Sneaker Pimps
    Kootchi - Neneh Cherry
    Twisted - Skunk Anansie
    Whole Lotta Love - Goldbug - dont judge me :o
    Caught A lite Sneeze - Tori

and the EPIC Crescendo - Are you Out There

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5IQbA02C0
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 90s was a very erratic decade for me musically. My top 4 worst years until 2012 were all in the 90s. However, I often recall 1997 as the year the music went mad, and 13 of my top 40 songs of the decade were from that year! Mind you, 9 were from 1995 in fact. I recognised some quality in 1996 but was so living for other priorities that it mostly washed over me.

yeah i agree about them being eratic... 90 was my worst ever year, and the early 90's low down. the only thing rescuing 98, 99 was trance. without trance those years would also be very low.