Options

PS4 - Possible DDOS in future

iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
Forum Member
Just a heads up, Lizard Squad have announced that they have something in store for Microsoft & Sony.

I would remove your card details from PSN account. It might be nothing, but better being safe than sorry.

Comments

• Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I removed my details after the last security breach. Now I only pay with pre-paid top up. thanks for the heads up though
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Just a heads up, Lizard Squad have announced that they have something in store for Microsoft & Sony.

I would remove your card details from PSN account. It might be nothing, but better being safe than sorry.

You realise they took psn offline last night/this morning dont you!
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    You realise they took psn offline last night/this morning dont you!

Yup. From several sources this won't be the last. It's just the fact they've specifically said "they have something in store" which indicates it's not something they've done normally i.e. the DDOS attacks. I'm going to assume they'll go a step further.

So just thought I'd create a thread for the folk who aren't following this sort of stuff. ( I follow Lizard, Anon and others, just to see whats happening throughout the online scene and for the record I hate what they do >:( )
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are talking of taking one or both offline during xmas day.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. From several sources this won't be the last. It's just the fact they've specifically said "they have something in store" which indicates it's not something they've done normally i.e. the DDOS attacks. I'm going to assume they'll go a step further.

So just thought I'd create a thread for the folk who aren't following this sort of stuff. ( I follow Lizard, Anon and others, just to see whats happening throughout the online scene and for the record I hate what they do >:( )

The lot of em should be tracked down & burnt alive on national TV! 👍 ... IF this effected anyone else but gamers they would've been! 👎
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'll behead them in front of camera shadow of mordor style :D then straight onto youtube in hope of highest amount of views ever
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have my credit card on there so not worried. I wouldn't put my debit card on there but then again that's true of any online purchases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got any personal details on either PlayStation or Xbox as I use them top up codes from cdkeys.com

But them causing things to go offline is still really annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Do LS really want 150,000,000 gamers going after them wanting to kill them?

Idea for LS - take on STEAM, then you will have even more wanting to kill you
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    The lot of em should be tracked down & burnt alive on national TV! 👍 ... IF this effected anyone else but gamers they would've been! 👎

They already had a plane diverted with a sony head honcho on it because of a bomb scare and the only thing that has affected them was they had to make a new twitter account, they also say half of the attacks are paid for by 3rd parties.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Hey sound like a bunch of idiots, why not use there "expert hacking methods" to make these consoles more secure.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the press wouldn't call these idiots hackers. They are more akin to vandals, they don't do any actual 'hacking'.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been basically unusable for me for over 24 hours now, connect to PSN, get booted from PSN. Checked router, checked connection (75/19) everything seems fine at my end.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems fine here sack.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    It's been basically unusable for me for over 24 hours now, connect to PSN, get booted from PSN. Checked router, checked connection (75/19) everything seems fine at my end.

I had a strange issue on Sunday night where I couldn't connect to PSN, even though all other devices in the home were fine and I'd been downloading stuff to the PS4 all day.

I use a wired connection.

I reset the PS4 and router several times, but with no luck. So, I tried to do a connection test, but it was having none of it, throwing up a DNS error.

So, I went through the network set-up again, but it couldn't find an IP address. Tried about 5 times and got the same result.

By this time I've exhausted my (limited) networking knowledge, so in an act of desperation before I start tugging on the dozens of wires behind my TV I switched to wireless.

It started working immediately.

Back to wired and nothing. Back to wireless and it's fine. So, I stick with wireless.

Next day I switch back to wired to see if I need to start switching cables or (shudder) phone BT to find everything's back working as it should be and has been ever since.

Anyway, to cut a long, dull and technically vague story short, if you're wired try switching to wireless temporarily. It might work for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 wired is doing it and the PS3 wireless is doing it.

I wouldn't swear it is someone else's fault but I've done everything I can think of here that's for sure.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Where are all the good hackers we were promised in 2010? Surely they could counter this and help us out by exposing these kiddy scripters?
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »

No issues with it here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it must be something at BTs end somewhere i guess.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Where are all the good hackers we were promised in 2010? Surely they could counter this and help us out by exposing these kiddy scripters?

Did anyone really consider the people who hacked the PSN good hackers? Or are you referring to the people who cracked the PS3 hardware? As I remember it a lot of people were excited at the prospect of what homebrewers could do with the system once it was cracked and rightly so as homebrew made the Xbox 1 and I believe the PS2 an awesome machine capable of a lot more than was originally intended. Sadly little materialised as regular firmware updates made having a modded console far more difficult than it had been in the past.

I would guess the malicious hackers that gained access to the PSN are the people most likely to be able to expose these guys currently effecting the PSN but would they really care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is these people currently pursuing the PSN and Live seem to be doing just for the sole reason of pissing everyone off. I am sure it is an annoyance to Sony and Microsoft but they already have our money, it's the millions of users that they are really hitting.

For me its a BT problems by the look of things, many people seem effected so its just as annoying cos BT don't seem to think owt is up.