Options

BBC's Chris Hollins

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has he taken over the world ? Last night on the One Show.This morning I saw him doing Breakfast sport just after 6.30, switched on again at 9.10 and he appeared to be co-presenting the programme (the other bloke, Simon, having disappeared and Bill on the road).Is Hollins, who was never more than a second division sports presenter, now flavour of the month at the BBC which means he'll soon be reading News at Ten and fronting the World Cup ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    There's only so much of Chris Hollins I can take. And by so much, I mean none whatsoever.
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Has he taken over the world ? Last night on the One Show.This morning I saw him doing Breakfast sport just after 6.30, switched on again at 9.10 and he appeared to be co-presenting the programme (the other bloke, Simon, having disappeared and Bill on the road).Is Hollins, who was never more than a second division sports presenter, now flavour of the month at the BBC which means he'll soon be reading News at Ten and fronting the World Cup ?

I thought he was slightly wooden on the One Show.
    Louise was better, but not by much.
    Maybe they'll develop throughout the week, but they've not got the chemistry that Adrian and Christine have.

Louise is an attractive lady. I like her, so I'm hoping she gets better at it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    At least they realised just one person on the sofa was a bit daft. They are making the most of who they have in the studio by using Simon and Chris. It could be Carol! Some users on here would love that after reading the thread about her high waisted trousers...;)
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was slightly wooden on the One Show.
    Louise was better, but not by much.
    Maybe they'll develop throughout the week, but they've not got the chemistry that Adrian and Christine have.

Louise is an attractive lady. I like her, so I'm hoping she gets better at it.

"The Chemistry that Adrian & Christine have"??:confused: what the foot in mouth comments, the sideways glances or the awkward silences when guests say something that embarrasses them?
    I thought Chris and Louise were good, very relaxed. Perhaps Louise was enjoying herself a little too much though, as she kept giggling. I bet she's a wow between the sheets:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Just throw Susannah into the mix as well...;)
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chipmunk! wrote: »
    Just throw Susannah into the mix as well...;)

Oh YES! but I would give Miss Reid some severe 1 on 1 attention:p
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    "The Chemistry that Adrian & Christine have"??:confused: what the foot in mouth comments, the sideways glances or the awkward silences when guests say something that embarrasses them?

Which is all chemistry. They 'flow' a lot better than Chris and Louise.
    trunkster wrote: »
    I thought Chris and Louise were good, very relaxed. Perhaps Louise was enjoying herself a little too much though, as she kept giggling. I bet she's a wow between the sheets:D

As I said, I like Louise. She was great on that 80 days prog.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollins is rather dull.

An inoffensively generic news presenter with little personality or screen presence.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I quite like Chris Hollins.
    I see no reason why someone who has started as 'second division' should not progress his career. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I was glad, after SCD, to see a bit more of him but hoped he/his agent/the BBC would exercise commonsense and not blanket bomb us with him.

I don't watch the One show, nor much daytime tv, so all I've seen is a bit extra of him on the news, so I'm not overwhelmed by his but I hope he manages his carer better.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I hope he manages his carer better.

Oops, for 'carer' read 'career' ~ I have no evidence that Chris Hollins has a carer.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Oops, for 'carer' read 'career' ~ I have no evidence that Chris Hollins has a carer.

No i'm sure he's fully toilet trained by now. ;)
  • Options
    wsmansemwsmansem Posts: 1,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His dad is John Hollins ex Chelsea legend , incidently .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    I always found him to be an odious little shit.
    Disliked him anyway before I saw him demonstrate how smug and repulsive he is on 'Celeb' masterchef. After that I couldn't stand him.

Was a good little hate thread going for him on here at some point.
    Obviously the BBC feel they have to do something with him, seeing as he won the dancing programme.
  • Options
    aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    He is terrible and she's not much better. The fake grins and giggles are cringeworthy.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's a pretty good presenter. Maybe he's not suited to The One Show, where the foundation is 'anything to fill half hour', so you can swing from a happy topic to a sad one, but he's more than competent at actually presenting.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good enough for Breakfast news, tolerable on Strictly. Generic on The One Show.

Are they making the programme so bad that we want Chris Evans on?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he being foisted on the viewers?!

It is familiar ground, I have always thought the One Show is basically "BBC Breakfast At Night" anyhow! Sofas and plugging
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked him doing the sport on Breakfast, usually because his reports are littered with errors.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Chris and he presents just as well as any of them on breakfast - and better than a lot!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chief wrote: »
    I always found him to be an odious little shit.

so did i until he did Strictly and then my view changed completely i now like him very much