Coverage of The Royal Wedding 2011

Comments

• Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    +1

I think the average person will be more interested in the affect the spending cuts will have on them, there will even more of people out of work by the time that wedding comes around.

It will give us all a warm feeling in our tummies, I betcha.
    `gor blimey, luv a duck.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    deleted - double post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I should be anti-Royalist having come from Bolton but the alternatives are worse - President Tony followed by President Euan?
    Except there was never any prospect of that.

With all the talk of redrawing boundaries to be geographically equally sized (possibly giving the tory-dominated countryside more MPs) I'm more concerned about Cameron (the new Blair) changing things.

People do love the present Queen, but the prospect of a Queen Camilla doesn't do it for me!
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Object Z wrote: »
    It will give us all a warm feeling in our tummies, I betcha.
    `gor blimey, luv a duck.

Some people may be struggling to afford put food into their tummies by then.

Good luck to the happy couple and all, but, I wouldn't be too surprised if there's record usage/sales of VOD streams and DVD rentals that day. Its going to be wall-to-wall blanket coverage of that wedding on the main channels, and even before then, like today.

I bet celeb-channels like ITV 2 are fracking ecstatic at today's news, along with publications like Heat Magazine.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    how much control does simon cowell have over itv?

Simon Cowell thinks he owns ITV - he may well
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how much it costs for the BBC to fly a helicopter over Buck Palace. Theyve been doing it this lunchtime but theres not much to see!

What do they care, it's not their money after all.
  • PeterBPeterB Posts: 9,487
    Forum Member
    RubusRoo wrote: »
    What do they care, it's not their money after all.

Whose is it?

Not whose was it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Totally overboard on BBC lunchtime news. Our nearest neighbour in financial meltdown, tacit admission of Government complicity in Guantanemo bay torture, and crackdown on a site that monitors Police activity in response to their support of the Millbank student invasion – and we have to spend the first two-thirds of the half hour discussing wedding dresses, family backgrounds and what someone did whilst they were at university.

I don’t hate them. I just don’t feel anything at all.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Any chance of some news on the One O'Clock News instead of speculating on what the ring will look like and who'll design the dress?

Perhaps the Eurozone crisis?

Guantanamo Bay?

No let's go to an RAF base and then lets stalk the Middleton home

FFS!

Not to mention Cameron's u-turn regarding his vanity photographer

btw, I had to laugh at his comments regarding the cabinet members cheering and banging the table on hearing the news; he should have added that they hadn't done that since the morning of Osborne's spending review last month
  • Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention Cameron's u-turn regarding his vanity photographer

btw, I had to laugh at his comments regarding the cabinet members cheering and banging the table on hearing the news; he should have added that they hadn't done that since the morning of Osborne's spending review last month

Chimps at a tea party spring to mind. Good grief.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only remotely positive aspect of this impending slush / chintzfest is that there may, hopefully, be a deafening silence from the public. There'll be some dippy WIndsor sycophants, but surely they're far less in number than they used to be?

If it get's much less interest than anticipated, the penny might finally drop that they are an irrelevant and tiresome anachronism.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much it costs for the BBC to fly a helicopter over Buck Palace. Theyve been doing it this lunchtime but theres not much to see!

Don't several news organisations share the news helicopter? Keeps the costs down and ATC happy - the last thing they want is half a dozen helicopters over central London competing for the best pictures as flying is strictly restricted in that area.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IC89 wrote: »
    I do like the fact they've whipped out the Sky Copter and are now circling Buckingham Palace for about 5 hours now, just giving us a Birds eye view shot of a building.

I can imagine it now

'Err boss, what am I meant to be focusing on'

'Nothing cameraman, just keep the camera on the palace, you never know, the Queen might have 'CONGRATS WILL AND KATE' painted on the roof.'
    All in HD of course, brought to you by the HD Skycopter.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    All in HD of course, brought to you by the HD Skycopter.

Doesn't the BBC helicopter, which has also apparently been flying over the palace, have HD? Sloppy journalism. :)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC just quietly gets on and uses its HDcopter, while Sky has ** H D C O P T E R ** flashed across the top of the screen and a big SHAZAM soundeffect.

Congrats to Prince William and his bird. Good on em.
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding the sychophantic coverage by the BBC is stretching my patience, so Pilot Officer Wales (or whatever his title is) is going to marry his long term shag - do we really need to know what three shop assistants in his dad's Godawful plastic village in Dorset think? Isn't interviewing soldiers in continual danger of being killed in Afghanistan about the impending wedding a tad insensitive? The more so when they will probably have less equipment due to funding cuts yet we can find the money to put on a pre-Olympic pantomime for the son of one of the richest men in the country who could probably pay for a nice posh wedding from what he loses down the back of the sofa but won't?

Well done BBC News, you've finally made me a card carrying Republican.
  • thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not be watching The Royal Wedding. I am going to make shore I got lots of shows to watch on sky+ or DVD.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC just quietly gets on and uses its HDcopter,

Why would the BBC use an HDcopter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Just heard the BBC's Peter Hunt bringing us up to date on all the latest on the 'fast moving story that we can now reveal a few moments ago' news about the Royal Wedding.

Hunt quoted Prince Charles reaction, "Thrilled, they've been practicing long enough" - then put it down to Charles well know Goon Humour. Goon Humour? Jesus Mary and Joseph!!!! Milligan is revolving in his grave and some tosser on the beeb fails - yet again - to recognise that it was just an amusing aside. NEVER put a reporter anywhere near something funny cos they aint got a clue!

I have never used exclamation points before and shall now desist.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were probably thinking "thank f**k for that, people might not pick up on the news that we've admitted complicity over Guantanemo Bay" ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the restrictions on broadcast of the interview?

I got the impression earlier that it was a pooled interview and available to all the press at 19:30h but it seems to be on ITV at 19:00, BBC2 has a programme on at 19:30h which will presumably include it. I would have thought it would be made available to all the media at the same time?
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they are getting married let them get on with it.

Surprised the media is hyping this up when clearly they are a private couple and don't want it in the media. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard the BBC's Peter Hunt bringing us up to date on all the latest on the 'fast moving story that we can now reveal a few moments ago' news about the Royal Wedding.

Hunt quoted Prince Charles reaction, "Thrilled, they've been practicing long enough" - then put it down to Charles well know Goon Humour. Goon Humour? Jesus Mary and Joseph!!!! Milligan is revolving in his grave and some tosser on the beeb fails - yet again - to recognise that it was just an amusing aside. NEVER put a reporter anywhere near something funny cos they aint got a clue!

I have never used exclamation points before and shall now desist.

I was expecting Charlie to answer with something like "What wedding?"
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Doesn't the BBC helicopter, which has also apparently been flying over the palace, have HD?
    Not sure, but as the BBC News production facilities have yet to be upgraded for HD, it is questionable - I don't know one way or the other. It could of course be a pooled news feed from a single helicopter.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Not sure, but as the BBC News production facilities have yet to be upgraded for HD, it is questionable - I don't know one way or the other. It could of course be a pooled news feed from a single helicopter.
    guess it depends who actually owns the helicopter, and if it was actually cheaper to get one a SD cam than a HD cam, considering the price of helicopters, I would think the cost of the camera is only a small & of the over all price.