Options

Bus driver uppercuts female passenger

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    There's a difference between being stronger and being able to fight. Just because somebodys is a good few stone lighter and female doesn't mean they can't handle themselves.

I love how people make up bullshit theories to suit their opinions. Victim of domesic violence etc. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    Would that be the same for kids and old people?

Not children, no, they perhaps haven't learned any better yet. Old people? Certaintly. Why do you think they should be treated any differently?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I warn you, you might be shocked by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRYTLzkd04&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now I know he shouldn't have done that but...but... she should not have spat on him & verbally abused him while he was doing his job.

Thoughts?

His reaction was way over the top. A slap would have been fine. That's out of order, even if the verbal abuser had have been an adult male.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, the bus driver was clearly way out of line and deserves to be sacked.

I'm also quite surprised that some FMs seemingly condone what he did too!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,979
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    His reaction was way over the top. A slap would have been fine. That's out of order, even if the verbal abuser had have been an adult male.
    It is out of order which is why he has been suspended and will almost certainly lose his job. Again comes down to poor training.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is a pro fighter
  • Options
    LazerliteLazerlite Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've rarely been on a bus now since passing my driving test over 5 years ago, but I can't ever recall anything like this happening in England - particularly in my neck of woods where there are some rough parts best avoided.

From watching the video, we don't really see the full extent of this incident, i.e. from when the passenger boarded on the bus. What drove her to behaving in this manner?

Who was the bloke in the orange hi-vis waistcoat?

The female passenger obviously is no angel, but I just think no matter how much fury you have or antagonised you've been, hitting a woman is just wrong.

I really hope nothing like this will ever happen in England.
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

If he had simply slapped her...he would still be done for assault.

You may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Men have more muscle mass than women , even small men and are therefore stronger. What we have here is a big bulky man and a small slight woman.The punch he threw could have killed her or injured her seriously.
    The slaps she threw and the spit hurt his dignity but would not have caused physical injury.If he was that outraged why not spit back why be so vicious.
    We don't know why the woman was so annoyed in the first place, maybe he had insulted her.He was clearly verbally abusing and threatening her at the start of the video,more so than she was him.
    He sauntered quite clearly up and calmly laid his best punch on a small woman half his size.
    A woman mouths off to him and his first response is to verbally abuse her and punch her down, wonder what he is like at home.

Yes women should have equal rights as human beings but to pick on someone so much smaller and hit them so hard is the work of a coward and bully. If my small kids mouth off at me and spit, is it ok for me to knock them out. Its sad that people feel a vicious assault is the answer to this.

He had other choices but violence was his first.one. This woman may have been a victim of abuse and that was why she was scarred. Noone here knows her history. Her behavior was bad but his response was out of proportion to the situation. The guy acted like a loose cannon and clearly relished hitting the woman.
    I hope he is firmly disciplined.

Excellent post, quasi.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It matters not if it was male or female that he hit. She has been shot, stabbed and attacked before in the past. The woman is clearly problematic and aggressive... Also on a side not with people talking about size and muscle mass of a man compared to a woman... Why has no one brought up the fact that she could know any form of martial arts or could also know how to box. She clearly can handle herself after getting right back up after the punch. The guy by all accounts worked for 22 years and has probably put up with a load of crap from passengers... 22 years and this day, she obviously over stepped the mark

Last night my train home was delayed due to a fatality near where I live so I was 25 minutes late leaving London. One passenger decided this was not good enough so before our train left he went and found the guard on the platform and decided to assault the man! If I were the guard I would have smacked him. I have also seen women do exactly the same to staff and if I had someone shouting abuse in my face, shoving me (woman or not) they would at least get a slap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Hmmm, the bus driver was clearly way out of line and deserves to be sacked.

I'm also quite surprised that some FMs seemingly condone what he did too!

I just can't fathom a man hitting a woman - it's just plainly wrong for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lazerlite wrote: »
    I just can't fathom a man hitting a woman - it's just plainly wrong for me.

Oh, I think there are many scenarios where hitting a woman shouldn't be scorned at. However, this incident certainly wasn't one of those occasions.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking punch either way:eek:
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    She was aggressive, she got owned. She's got a good chin on her though to be fair.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,063
    Forum Member
    laura:) wrote: »
    Exactly. I used to work with the public and the last thing you do when someone is abusive is be abusive back to them. You are trained to try and calm them down, if that doesn't work you ask them leave and/or call security or the police and use reasonable force to defend yourself if it comes to that.

You certainly don't threaten to get your family members to beat them up and "cut up" their face and then punch them. Totally unprofessional and makes him as bad if not worse than her. Got no sympathy for either of them.

Absolutely 100% this. I cannot see how he could possibly keep his job after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This opens up the question as to what possibilities are there (in compliance with law (uk)) if this was a situation happening back at home?

What level of action would a bus driver be able to take in those circumstances and whether they can use a level of force to eject the passenger and avoid a disruption to the rest of the passengers because surely, they have to be put first?

What if for instance, the female passenger concerned was armed, with a knife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lazerlite wrote: »
    This opens up the question as to what possibilities are there (in compliance with law (uk)) if this was a situation happening back at home?

What level of action would a bus driver be able to take in those circumstances and whether they can use a level of force to eject the passenger and avoid a disruption to the rest of the passengers because surely, they have to be put first?

What if for instance, the female passenger concerned was armed, with a knife?

Stop the bus. Call the Police. Wait.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Men have more muscle mass than women , even small men and are therefore stronger. What we have here is a big bulky man and a small slight woman.The punch he threw could have killed her or injured her seriously.
    The slaps she threw and the spit hurt his dignity but would not have caused physical injury.If he was that outraged why not spit back why be so vicious.
    We don't know why the woman was so annoyed in the first place, maybe he had insulted her.He was clearly verbally abusing and threatening her at the start of the video,more so than she was him.
    He sauntered quite clearly up and calmly laid his best punch on a small woman half his size.
    A woman mouths off to him and his first response is to verbally abuse her and punch her down, wonder what he is like at home.

Yes women should have equal rights as human beings but to pick on someone so much smaller and hit them so hard is the work of a coward and bully. If my small kids mouth off at me and spit, is it ok for me to knock them out. Its sad that people feel a vicious assault is the answer to this.

He had other choices but violence was his first.one. This woman may have been a victim of abuse and that was why she was scarred. Noone here knows her history. Her behavior was bad but his response was out of proportion to the situation. The guy acted like a loose cannon and clearly relished hitting the woman.
    I hope he is firmly disciplined.

Not sure why you quoted my post, I am not defending the driver, he had alteratives and his response was not proportionate nor was it self defence all of which I have already said.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    Not children, no, they perhaps haven't learned any better yet. Old people? Certaintly. Why do you think they should be treated any differently?

I dunno, I just figured the men who believe that brute force is the way to go might just believe that punching an 82 year old is beyond the realms of what they believe to be acceptable. Sadly I am disappointed on that note too.

Survival of the strongest eh?
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Excessive force was used to close and excessive foul mouth.
    The mouthy little scumbag will think twice before she behaves like an animal on a public bus in future.
    Equal Opportunities is a funny thing,the girl behaved like the worst kind of disgusting vile boy,and yet will probably become a helpless little girl when the enquiry is happening.
    I'm sure there are many who would have cried "excessive force" if the driver had simply grabbed her and thrown her off the bus too,and that is where the people often get it wrong in this day and age.
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking punch either way:eek:

Not really... as an ex-amatuer Services boxer myself... Maybe I could give some tips.

As he approached his opponent, he dipped slightly down his right side before bringing up the right uppercut...but left both knees straight and his feet in the "ten minutes to two" position.

By stretching his right knee out, with his right foot adjacent to the left side of his opponent, and going down on a 90 degree angle, with that knee.

...and with a slight bend to his left knee...

By rising up with his right knee, all the way to the locking poistion, whilst simultaniously throwing the right uppercut...

..opponent would have more than likely have been knocked out before hitting the canvas.

Summary.... The driver needs to improve with his foot-work.
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Sometimes it's a lose lose situation for the guy, no matter how much he keeps his cool.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODWUohtXHo&feature=related
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    There's a difference between being stronger and being able to fight. Just because somebodys is a good few stone lighter and female doesn't mean they can't handle themselves.

I love how people make up bullshit theories to suit their opinions. Victim of domesic violence etc. :rolleyes:

We are not talking about Lara croft here but a small woman on a bus.Very few women if any would handle a man of that size, unless they had a handgun in their bra. Very few men would handle him.

There are ways of expressing anger appropriately and violence is not one of them. We seen that clip out of context, why was she so angry.Why was he threatening and abusing her. I have a feeling the guy was as much to blame as her and enjoyed hitting her, it was almost an act of bravado.Maybe she stood up to him and he did not like it.
    We don't know why she had scars and was shot, we don't know her story or her .I do know right from wrong and punching someone viciously that's half your size is wrong.
    He had other choices:
    • He could avoided insulting and threatening her, thus exasperating the situation.
    • He could have remained calm and reasoned with her
    • He could have stopped the bus and called the cops
    • He could have restrained her and got a passenger to call the cops
    • He could have ejected her from the bus.
    Five choices that do not involve violence.
    We have seen a mere clip of the incident we did not see what triggered the incident.In fact it opened with him threatening and abusing her. There is more than meets the eye here.
    Violence should never be anyone's first choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    I do believe in the "you shouldn't hit a woman" rule but at the same time I think if you throw the first punch then expect one back... As a rule i am very chilled... i moan just like anyone else but when angry I usually just let off a massive expletive riddled rant. lol... It takes a lot for me to want to actually hit someone

Are you sure we're not related? ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she spat on me I would uppercut her two. Filthy pig of a woman.