Options

leaky ecig

wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My ecig keeps leaking from the atomiser to where it screws in to the battery. I only bought a new atomiser on wednesday because it was doing the same.

Am i doing something wrong ?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What type of atty are you using? Is it an atomiser, tank, cartomiser etc.

Either way it's probably just slightly over filled. Gently blow through the mouthpiece onto some tissue paper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so it's a vision or similar. I've not used them a huge amount but:

Is it one with replaceable heads - if so, is the head screwed on properly
    Are you sure you haven't lost any of the seal parts
    Be careful when filling, don't get any in the air hole (but blowing would normally sort anyway)
    U suppose you could have very thin juice as well. Maybe. :-)

If its an Ego batt with a button Im 99% sure you're ok and it's a sealed battery. It is a pita when they start leaking and gurgling though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thing is i have the battery un screwed from it now and its not leaking :/ but does when screwed back to together
  • Options
    duomeduome Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    you may be screwing the battery too tightly to the cartomiser, this can push the connection up and cause it to leak.

or

if it is a rebuildable cart, the 'glassy' bit is fixed to smooth metal and the ridged piece is the detachable part. if you unscew holding the 'glassy' bit, it will come lose and leak.

ive done both.

or

you could call the supplier and ask. it shouldnt leak immediately and it may be a duff batch.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to start a thread on this today!

I'm on a tornado tank system. It works brilliantly.......BUT......as soon as it gets past 21/22 degrees when I am at home, it starts gurgling and leaks. I clean it out, blow it out, change attys etc. and it's fine for ten mins or so then the gurgling starts again.

On the hottest day of the year I took a journey in an air conditioned car and vaped for 40 minutes. No leak. Step out....leak.

I've read conflicting advice on the net.

At the moment I'm just putting a few drops in at a time then vaping immediately as I've lost so much juice this week.

All the parts are new. Good quality juice. Clean parts. It just seems to be the temperature. It makes the juice even more viscous. Does anyone else find this?
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also just started using the tornado tank system, and i haven't experienced any leaking. Weird
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious answer - try not sucking too hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    Serious answer - try not sucking too hard.

I wish it was that chocdoc. I've smoked the Tornado for two years now. It's brilliant in "normal" weather. It just does it in the summer heat.

I'm not making this next bit up.....as i was typing this out it was in my hand and I looked down and it's leaked all over me again :mad:

Quick edit: apparently you can rinse the atty out with hot water :eek: so I've tried that. So far so good.
  • Options
    MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a couple of egoT's and one was leaky now and again, I couldn't work out why but thought it worked better when it was topped up.

I had a day out in London and took it with me and the whole lot of it leaked out in my bag :eek: Then it was ok for a while but started leaking again. When I took the battery off, it had leaked into that and looked a right mess, so I threw it away and just kept the second one, which is no problem.

Maybe just a dud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MillyC wrote: »
    I had a couple of egoT's and one was leaky now and again, I couldn't work out why but thought it worked better when it was topped up.

I had a day out in London and took it with me and the whole lot of it leaked out in my bag :eek: Then it was ok for a while but started leaking again. When I took the battery off, it had leaked into that and looked a right mess, so I threw it away and just kept the second one, which is no problem.

Maybe just a dud.

oh so it could actually be my battery bit then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use these and there seems to be absolutely NO logic as to what makes them leak.

somehow the liquid is getting into the middle tube... try not to screw the mouth piece on too tight, as I've heard this can cause it .
  • Options
    MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh so it could actually be my battery bit then?

You can get replacement batteries so you could try that
  • Options
    Landdrifter24Landdrifter24 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    is the clearomiser a rebuildable one? (you can unscrew the bottom of the clearomiser and change atomiser heads) or is it a fixed one? if its a fixed one, then sometimes they just leak, there are multiple reasons why, none of which we could diagnose without looking at it, but if its a rebuildable one then usually it is when you haven't screwed the atomiser into the metal base and the e liquid is getting into the central air tube.

On a side note, do you not noticed with those types of clearos you sometimes get a gobful of juice, i've had several different types (innokin iclear16, vision ego v3 rebuild) up until now and each one suffered the same problem... i know this is going to seem like a proper adverty thing to say, but i've just bought a Kanger 3ts clearomiser and the difference is night and day, no leaking at all, the vapour is awesomely thick and flavourful and no gobfuls of juice, it was only £5 aswell... result :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add re the tornado tank....... Since washing out the atty, and giving a really hard blow through (:p) it's not leaked again! Hurrah!