The Great British Bake Off - Series 5 - Starts 6th August 2014

Comments

• FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear...I've shedded a little tear for poor Iain. So unfair.

Looks like Diana is Ruby Tandoh in disguise!
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Disappointed. He shouldn't have binned it. But she should not have moved it and been honest. I expect she'll have a grilling by social media.

She could have moved it as it was in the wrong fridge, but she should have TOLD Ian she had done it, not just left it out.

She may have forgotten, but it was wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Me too. She should have spoken up and explained what she did. It wasn't deliberate after all.

Nobody should have gone home this week and then next week two should have gone.

Yep, that would have been the best and fairest solution. It's not as if the show didn't have enough drama this week to maintain people's interest.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what Diana did was wrong but I do think it needs to be clarified whether or not Iain was being selfish in using someone else's freezer when that person needed to use it.
    I don't think they each have a freezer, there seemed to be a lot of sharing.
    If Diana thought she was somehow more entitled to that particular she should have at least told him she would like him to put his bake somewhere else.

I really think her actions were unacceptable. She should have gone imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Glad to find I didn't misunderstand, and Diana intentionally removed his icecream from the freezer. B*tch.

Can we be sure it was Diana who removed it because it was Nancy who was looking for space. It was just left on Diana's table so maybe both Nancy and Diana did it and the producer's didn't show everything that happened.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What started as a good episode turned a bit iffy later with icecreamgate.. And I don't like Diana for the way she handled it, especially not admitting to Iain what she had done..just letting him find it on the side like that.

Oh well off to watch BB eviction..and try not to throw things at my t.v.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Disappointed. He shouldn't have binned it. But she should not have moved it and been honest. I expect she'll have a grilling by social media.

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/504719691307560960 :o
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that would have been the best and fairest solution. It's not as if the show didn't have enough drama this week to maintain people's interest.

They've done it before and it would have been the fairest thing to do.
  • whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so angry about that nasty trick Diana has played, I have given myself a migraine. Why didn't someone tell Paul and Mary. I am so cross. I wanted her to go this week as well, and she just made sure she didn't. She was smiling as well, when he went up with the bin. Smiling Assassin. grrrrrr
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana is trending on Twitter and not in a good way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily think she did it deliberately. We'll find out.

Did we ever find out? I had to answer the phone and missed a bit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I very much doubt Paul and Mary were kept in the dark about what happened.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she had to do was make sure she found out whose it was, ask them to remove it and then put hers in. Not take it out and leave it to melt. I really don't like her now>:(

She knew I whose it was.

Nancy said "whose is that?"

Diana said "Ian's" and then took it out and it seems just left it on the side.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. She should have spoken up and explained what she did. It wasn't deliberate after all.

Nobody should have gone home this week and then next week two should have gone.

I suggested as much earlier in the thread. It seems the best solution given what happened.

Rather a disappointing ending.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Oh dear...I've shedded a little tear for poor Iain. So unfair.

Looks like Diana is Ruby Tandoh in disguise!

Ruby didn't purposely sabotage another baker's cake? :confused:
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The didn't really have a choice but to send him home and fair enough if he was using someone else's freezer but Diana shouldn't have just taken it out and put it on the side. She should have told him she was taking it out the freezer. That's just basic manners and common curtesy.

She also should have spoken up at the end and said why there had been an issue with his ice cream. It wasn't his fault in the slightest.

But at the end of the day he shouldn't have binned it and left them with no choice but to send him home. But they could have taken it into account. Kept him and sent two home next week.

Bit crap all around really. Seems very unfair for him to be sent home because someone else sabotaged him.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,019
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure Iain was going before that incident happened, his first bake was very good, the technical not so good, but I think Norman was weaker. It's all very we'll saying Iain shouldn't have chucked his stuff out, he knew that afterwards, but the emotion of the moment just took over and you wouldn't be thinking rationally. I liked him, I'm sorry he's gone.
  • streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed with Diana. Anyone know why Martha didn't win star baker?
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whitewitch wrote: »
    She was smiling as well, when he went up with the bin. Smiling Assassin. grrrrrr
    I have no love for Diane at this point but that could have been a cheeky bit of editing by the producers.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Waites from series 12 I think is trending on Twitter with Bring Iain Back and there's a #dirtydiana trend too :D Loved John!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty Diana >:( Can't believe she left his ice cream on the side, then had the audacity to act like she did nothing wrong and she did not even apologize.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,019
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    She knew I whose it was.

Nancy said "whose is that?"

Diana said "Ian's" and then took it out and it seems just left it on the side.

Did she go up to him and ask him to put it in another freezer though? That's what she should've done, she had no right to take his ice cream out. Very bad behaviour from Diana.
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she had to do was make sure she found out whose it was, ask them to remove it and then put hers in. Not take it out and leave it to melt. I really don't like her now>:(

This.

Plus she should have apologised to Ian and owned up to Mary and Paul too.
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased Richard won Star Baker :) Well deserved.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    Ruby didn't purposely sabotage another baker's cake? :confused:

No she didn't do anything like that from what I recall.

I can't believe people are still being spiteful about her after a whole year.