Options

BBC Trust clears I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue of sexist carrying on.

mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
Forum Member
✭✭
Dear god, someone save us from the numpties who make this sort of thing an issue.

Here is the original story and Jack Dees own response

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/jun/20/jack-dee-threatens-to-leave-im-sorry-i-havent-a-clue

The good news is that the Trust has decided there is no case to answer and that Samantha is a cultural icon. (I may have made that last bit up)

Comments

• Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness that cock up is behind us.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is for adults FFS!! Here (Below) is a picture of the said Samantha!

Phwoar!!:D
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is old news. There's a certain expert's expert that hasn't featured for a while though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not old news, the accusation is but the BBC Trust moves at its own speed.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the point is that they manage to do it all in a way that will pass over the head of any child listening unlike many modern stand-up 'comedians' on other programmes who aim to be offensive. I listened to one Radio 4 comedy with some friends' son in the car. The whole programme was around the use of what might be considered a rather rude word but he did not know the word so was laughing at everything else about the programme and obviously I did not explain it to him!
  • Options
    Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,497
    Forum Member
    I did wonder if it was a coincidence that on the first episode after this complaint (the start of the 2014 spring series) the scorer was Sven
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with the last edition of the current (last) series - they went to town on the Samantha double entendres. Loads being blown.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is for adults FFS!! Here (Below) is a picture of the said Samantha!

Phwoar!!:D

Phew, what a scorcher !
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last edition of the current (last) series - they went to town on the Samantha double entendres. Loads being blown.

.......was that the one where she wore pink and blue serge

:p
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    Samantha's just a piss take of Brucie's Dolly Dealers and the like. Who complained? Mrs Trellis of North Wales??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    .......was that the one where she wore pink and blue serge

:p

Yes!.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

I listened to that last night, certainly cheered up a quiet and boring nightshift!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must admit that I've only recently started listening again to the show........probably after several decades

I think Jack Dee has given it a huge shot in the arm !