Options

No Mention of 6 on FM then

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Big L was to be relayed at a major event on FM this forum would be full of chatter about it. The relay of several hours of 6 Music on Worthy FM 87.7 appeared to get no mention. I think it sums up the out of touch nostalgia geeks that fill up these pages. Still not sure whether they are outnumbered by the "I wan't something that the proles can't afford" technology geeks.

Anyone comment!

Comments

• Options
    Over By Yer!Over By Yer! Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Big L was to be relayed at a major event on FM this forum would be full of chatter about it. The relay of several hours of 6 Music on Worthy FM 87.7 appeared to get no mention. I think it sums up the out of touch nostalgia geeks that fill up these pages. Still not sure whether they are outnumbered by the "I wan't something that the proles can't afford" technology geeks.

Anyone comment!

Nope :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Perhaps people are enjoying the festival instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a vanity project by ex pirate and Radio One DJs who are past getting jobs on regular stations. If it were it would be on it's third page by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the coveage of Glastonbury via the 6 Nusic website. Their live feed of the broadcast from the OB truck was fantastic. Even though it looked a bit hot and cozy in there it was good to see guests been interviewed live, and from a anorak view being able to watch some of the presenters drive the desk. I did notice that Jarvis Cocker, Craig Charles and Cerys Matthews had tech op's to drive their shows.

But good move on them to put it on Worthy FM it gives them good exposure and I am sure a few people have now discovered 6 Music thanks to Worthy FM. Overall both stations did a good job of bringing the best of the festival to us poor sods stick at home!! :(
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Glastonbury festival management have said on thier website they are in favour of 5 music staying. The BBC management may cover future festivls with perhaps a "pop up" digital station like 5 extra, f1 and tennis. But the impact will be reduced.
    Lets hope the BBC trust says 5 music will stay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    It’s really quite insulting that the BBC Executive even considered that part time festival coverage station approach. Five or six days a year to represent sixty years of non mainstream popular music (and lets face it, a lot of Glastonbury isn’t even that alternative these days). The rest of the year would presumably consign us to a diet of autotuned R&B/talent show winners on Radio 1, or endlessly reliving the seventies and eighties pop charts on Radio 2.
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,903
    Forum Member
    Billboards appeared outside BBC White City and Earls Court last week in favour of saving 6 Music, no one seems to know who has paid for them:
    http://twitpic.com/1zj870/full

Also some at the Oxford Circus tube escalators.
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    MikeBr wrote: »
    Billboards appeared outside BBC White City and Earls Court last week in favour of saving 6 Music, no one seems to know who has paid for them:
    http://twitpic.com/1zj870/full

Also some at the Oxford Circus tube escalators.

They're by 38 Degrees.
  • Options
    GlobalRadioGlobalRadio Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    The Glastonbury festival management have said on thier website they are in favour of 5 music staying. The BBC management may cover future festivls with perhaps a "pop up" digital station like 5 extra, f1 and tennis. But the impact will be reduced.
    Lets hope the BBC trust says 5 music will stay!

5 Music????? You mean 6 Music right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    5 Music????? You mean 6 Music right?

I think it was a joke. Or maybe not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    mfr wrote: »
    They're by 38 Degrees.

Do you have confirmation of that? Because their target was BBC cuts as a general protest, rather that 6Music in particular. And the poster designs they came up with were rather less inspiring that these....