Options

This Morning, Ruth & Eamon

Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
Forum Member
Really going to miss these two. They make me giggle and I really think they should present the show full time.

I'm not looking forward to Phil & Holly's return at all :cry:

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Agree , but love Holly, hate that smug little arsehole Schofield
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I agree. I used to like Phillip Schofield when he presented with Fern, but since she left he's become very smug and annoying. Holly's okay, but it's much better with Ruth and Eamonn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're certainly not alone OP. There's been 2 or 3 threads basically saying the same thing. Ruth is head and shoulders above any of the others for her professionalism and the banter between her and Eamonn is natural and unforced. Pip needs to be put out to pasture permanently and Holly is only average at best. I can't see her staying on TM for much longer whatever happens.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really enjoyed this Summer. Will stop watching when the other two are back.
  • Options
    SleepPixieSleepPixie Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Eamon was a bit of a cutie when he started his TV career at Ulster Television 34 years ago (and in the days before newscasters relied fully on autocue):

This is him aged 20/ 21 presenting the main tea-time news bulletin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e8hvc-Q7JA
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SleepPixie wrote: »
    Eamon was a bit of a cutie when he started his TV career at Ulster Television 34 years ago (and in the days before newscasters relied fully on autocue):

This is him aged 20/ 21 presenting the main tea-time news bulletin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e8hvc-Q7JA

UTV News a bit short on visuals in those days
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two threads currently running on same topic. Please merge mods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else get the impression that Eamonn and Ruth would love the job full time? It certainly looked like it to me when they ended today's program :(
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I just can't watch this show these days. I used to watch at one time but it's just not my cup of tea anymore. It just seems so patronising, full of C list "celebs" and brimming with non-stories.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a bit OT but did anyone catch Rochelle & Marvin hosting the other week! I really enjoyed it! :P

But yeah i am going to miss them :(
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally I don't watch it but I caught a bit of it a couple of weeks ago with Ruth and Eamon and have watched it almost every day since.

I think they are great. I love the banter between them and they have made me laugh quite a lot.

I think they should present all the time and if they did I would watch it a lot more. I don't like Holly at all so won't watch while she presents
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Really going to miss these two. They make me giggle and I really think they should present the show full time.

I'm not looking forward to Phil & Holly's return at all :cry:

Anyone else agree?

Couldn't agree more!

No doubt on Monday it'll be like the return of the heroes (:rolleyes:) but give me Ruth and Eamonn any day. They're much better presenters all round.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I love Ruth & Eamonn! They are brilliant together & it's great to see. I used to love phil & holly but now I just like them. Mainly due to to the change in Phil, he loves the sound of his own voice and I can't help but notice this 'I am the show' attitude, especially when he talks out loud to producers saying he's doing something different than planned or he arranges guests coming on! No doubt on Monday it'll be 'we're back!!!!' Which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the 'I no uve had to put up with them for 7 weeks, but worry no more' tone. I still find them funny sometimes to my annoyance, but I think a good balance would be for the 4 of them to share the presenting duties, maybe 3 days one week and 2 another?

Ruth is much more professional, knows her facts & can steer an interview really well. Eamonn occasionally annoys me talking over ruth but other than that I think he is brilliantly funny and thankfully his down to earth-ness matches his success!
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Same, Ruth and Eamonn give it a homely feel and make the show much better

Itv seem to think the casual viewer prefers Holly and Phillip
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth and Eamonn are the best, I liked when Eamonn once said that he enjoys a crisp sandwich, so do I.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth is very professional;why she married Mr Blobby is anyones guess.If he is not talking about football and especially his beloved Man Utd he seems permanently bored.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ruth & Eamonn! They are brilliant together & it's great to see. I used to love phil & holly but now I just like them. Mainly due to to the change in Phil, he loves the sound of his own voice and I can't help but notice this 'I am the show' attitude, especially when he talks out loud to producers saying he's doing something different than planned or he arranges guests coming on! No doubt on Monday it'll be 'we're back!!!!' Which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the 'I no uve had to put up with them for 7 weeks, but worry no more' tone. I still find them funny sometimes to my annoyance, but I think a good balance would be for the 4 of them to share the presenting duties, maybe 3 days one week and 2 another?

Ruth is much more professional, knows her facts & can steer an interview really well. Eamonn occasionally annoys me talking over ruth but other than that I think he is brilliantly funny and thankfully his down to earth-ness matches his success!

I have really warmed to these two but agree with the BIB and feel that sometimes he says some really hurtful things to Ruth. She is very professional and looks as if she is not too bothered, yet her eyes look sad :mad:
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah he's only teasing her, and Ruth clearly takes it all in good humour and often gives as good as she gets. I really enjoy watch them on screen together, they seem to have a very affectionate and loving relationship and do a great job of presenting the show too. They really made me laugh with the cooking competition between them on Wednesday. Give me them over the other two any day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah he's only teasing her, and Ruth clearly takes it all in good humour and often gives as good as she gets. I really enjoy watch them on screen together, they seem to have a very affectionate and loving relationship and do a great job of presenting the show too. They really made me laugh with the cooking competition between them on Wednesday. Give me them over the other two any day!

Agree with you, they seem to have a fantastic relationship and Wednesday really made me laugh too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I agree with the above 2 comments, she really does love his humour & finds him funny even when he's insulting her. Such a lovely relationship to watch!
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    But Ruth and Eamonn are very good journalists as well - maybe that is the difference
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    But Ruth and Eamonn are very good journalists as well - maybe that is the difference

I wonder when ITV will get the hint and give Mon-Thu to Eamonn and Ruth and Fri to the other two waste-of-spacers :mad:
    Schofe will still get his earnings from Mr & Mrs and The Cube. Willoughby doesn't need the work...;)
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I wonder whn ITV will get the hint and give Mon-Thu to Eamonn and Ruth and Fri to the other two waste-of-spacers :mad:

Your guess is as good as mine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm really not enjoying the show this week. Holly's voice has gone hoarse (again) and she's already making mistakes. Maybe they are rusty after their break, or maybe I'm now looking for things.

Or maybe I have got used to professionalism over the last few weeks :cool:
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    I'm really not enjoying the show this week. Holly's voice has gone hoarse (again) and she's already making mistakes. Maybe they are rusty after their break, or maybe I'm now looking for things.

Or maybe I have got used to professionalism over the last few weeks :cool:

I tuned in Monday morning , there was holly in a short flowery dress and mahogany legs , the tone was serious, informing us they were interviewing Lee Rigbys parents later - but the visual was all wrong , watched TM Monday but not since