Options

Eastenders Ben/Jay

GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,294
Forum Member
Seen a fair few people suggesting in one way or another this could be a route they go down- it would have major consequences and there have been a few scenes which could have gone that way...but does anyone think it could actually happen after Jays relationship with Abi? It would have heaps of potential for phil to have to deal with it.

I personally think anyone storyline that gives Jay some screen time would be good. But would it realistically work?

(This is pure speculation- based on no fact whatsoever)

Comments

• Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Jay, the one who used to steal Roxy's underwear? If he was going to be gay, they would've made hints years ago. He's 20 now, sexuality can't just change with a snap of the producer's fingers without a real story.

Plus, the two look at each other as brothers, and that's how I see them, too. It'd be weird.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you are talking about?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing specific. More speculation that the two may show an interest in each other or ben may harbour feelings for Jay. Like I said speculation as to whether it would work and nothing more.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Jay, the one who used to steal Roxy's underwear? If he was going to be gay, they would've made hints years ago. He's 20 now, sexuality can't just change with a snap of the producer's fingers without a real story.

Plus, the two look at each other as brothers, and that's how I see them, too. It'd be weird.

Well, you could then use the argument "Ben, the one who fathered Lola's daughter."
    Personally I'd love to see this - Jay is only very early twenties at the most, isn't he? It's not beyond the realms of possibility for him to get some confusing feelings, especially with somebody he has such an intense relationship with anyway.
    Besides, I can't help but think that Sam Strike leaving has rather put a stopper in the "Ben's sexuality" story, so it's got to go somewhere. They're not just going to bring another gay guy in, just so they can carry on with the story, are they?
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Well, you could then use the argument "Ben, the one who fathered Lola's daughter."
    Besides, I can't help but think that Sam Strike leaving has rather put a stopper in the "Ben's sexuality" story, so it's got to go somewhere. They're not just going to bring another gay guy in, just so they can carry on with the story, are they?

Ben and Lola was an experiment that went wrong. If you watch the show, that would be quite clear. Doesn't make Ben any less gay.

BIB: That's stupid and naive. You don't need two gay characters for a gay storyline. Is Ben only gay when Johnny's around? No.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben and Lola was an experiment that went wrong. If you watch the show, that would be quite clear. Doesn't make Ben any less gay.

BIB: That's stupid and naive. You don't need two gay characters for a gay storyline. Is Ben only gay when Johnny's around? No.

EE have just started with Ben dealing with his sexuality and he will need to have some sort of interest/romance to take this forward. This is all part of soaps and it would be odd if Ben as a teenager just stayed single and did have any relationship at all.

Being gay is just only one part of Ben's potential storylines and there will be plenty of things going on that have nothing to do with his sexuality just like any other character
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't make Jay gay just because Sam Strike is leaving.
    Jay is not gay in any way! :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay isn't gay and I'm not into turning straight character gay or bisexual all of sudden for the sake of lack of gay characters, if that is a problem then bring in a boyfriend for Ben, Johnny isn't the only gay in the whole square or world.

Ben sees Jay as a brother and that is where it should stay.

Ben's denial is in part of him wanting to prove his a 'real' Mitchell to his dad.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Just no.

Jay is a straight as they come and remember when he was perving at Roxy's knickers as a young lad?

I wish that he would escape from the influence of the bloody Mitchells and become his own man with his own storylines.

Jamie deserves far more than he is given.

Bring back Jay Brown.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really irks me when soaps change their characters sexuality on a whim. You don't decide to be gay or straight, you just are.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really irks me when soaps change their characters sexuality on a whim. You don't decide to be gay or straight, you just are.

In a nutshell. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with the above point. But people can possibly be bisexual and not really show it. Many people have got married have children and realise down the line.

Done get my wrong in not massively for or against. I do think Jamie Borthwick needs more storylines though. Away from the Mitchell's as mentioned above.
  • Options
    Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think it could work, and lets face it soaps often copy each other and with ED running a similar storyline with Robert and Aaron and the fact that viewers seem to like these types of stories, I can see EE seeing there could be some mileage in this.

It would probably give the show the ratings boost it needs knowing it could attract new viewers. EE have not got any current gay male relationships and haven't had one since Syed and Christian that has worked well. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened because Jay as a character is going nowhere and needs to be reinvented to stay on in the show.
  • Options
    casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell that to Sonia Jackson, who had a lesbian affair with Naomi after knowing her for all of five minutes!
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Goosebee wrote: »
    Nothing specific. More speculation that the two may show an interest in each other or ben may harbour feelings for Jay. Like I said speculation as to whether it would work and nothing more.

God no alot of people on here seem to want gay relationships with straight people, like whats up with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never said I wanted it just that I wouldn't be adverse.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is silly the OP hasn't even made clear their point. Plus, Jay's in love with Lola.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    This thread is silly the OP hasn't even made clear their point. Plus, Jay's in love with Lola.

Not quite sure how my point isn't clear.

I have clearly stated I have seen and heard people suggesting that Jay and Ben could make an interesting pairing.

I have clearly stated there have been scenes which people have commented on before between the pair.

I clearly state the thread is speculation.

And I clearly ask whether the majority of users think it would work for the two to develop any form of relationship beside that of brothers or friends.

Not quite sure how much clearer I can be.

This is the second time you have needlessly commented on a post saying it's not clear today when in actual fact everyone else seems to comprehend what I'm saying.

Not sure If I have somehow done something to annoy you (apologies if I have) but you seem to have targeted my threads with no real purpose. The post is purely a discussion point which is is after all what a forum is for, so I don't quite understand why it has been cited as silly.
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Goosebee wrote: »
    Not quite sure how my point isn't clear.

I have clearly stated I have seen and heard people suggesting that Jay and Ben could make an interesting pairing.

I have clearly stated there have been scenes which people have commented on before between the pair.

I clearly state the thread is speculation.

And I clearly ask whether the majority of users think it would work for the two to develop any form of relationship beside that of brothers or friends.

Not quite sure how much clearer I can be.

This is the second time you have needlessly commented on a post saying it's not clear today when in actual fact everyone else seems to comprehend what I'm saying.

Not sure If I have somehow done something to annoy you (apologies if I have) but you seem to have targeted my threads with no real purpose. The post is purely a discussion point which is is after all what a forum is for, so I don't quite understand why it has been cited as silly.

You didn't make it clear in general of what it was about, I didnt have a clue what you were talking about when i first read it.
  • Options
    Beverly HillsBeverly Hills Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These two need to get it on and quick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually having just read it back in hindsight it is a tad more ambiguous than I intended it to be. Obviously I wasn't as concise as I thought I was at half five this morning. So apologies for that.

However I do think it becomes clear from the second post what was meant.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought it would be an interesting route to go down with these characters but I don't think it would make much sense now. Before Lola maybe. But his "love" for Lola makes me think this wouldn't work now.

Abi was his first love and it's not outside the realms of possibility that after losing his virginity to Abi, he may soon start to question his sexuality but his infatuation with Lola would it very hard to believe that he would then go after a man even if that man was Ben.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Check this out, there is some links in the thread to instances of sexuality changing and unconventional relationships

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=76066858
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    sultanina9 wrote: »
    You didn't make it clear in general of what it was about, I didnt have a clue what you were talking about when i first read it.

It was clear to me he was saying they were the ones that killed lucy :o:D