Options

Microsoft Could Ditch IE For a New Browser Named "Spartan"

1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://gizmodo.com/report-microsoft-could-ditch-ie-for-a-new-browser-name-1676038757

Anyone using windows 10 noticed anything different?

im just downloading win10 now, to have a play with it.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
May get it on my lumia mobile update in 2015 as well.

Comments

• Options
    Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 8 -> Windows 10 = marketing ploy.
    Internet Explorer 11 -> Spartan = marketing ploy.

It's of zero interest to sane working people. There is sufficient choice of Web Browsers.

People buy a PC there is Windows (think of a name) on it, they install their Applications, use them, that's it, get on with it....
  • Options
    Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helmut10 wrote: »
    It's of zero interest to sane working people. There is sufficient choice of Web Browsers.

I reckon there's a fair percentage of pc users that don't know the difference between a home page, a search engine and a browser. They don't realize that Google is actually a website and couldn't tell you the difference between typing bbc.co.uk in the address field and in the Google search box.

My neighbour has been using computers for 3-4 years. He spotted a shortcut for DuckDuckGo on my desktop. He said, 'what's that - a funny clip about ducks?'. I showed him and explained it was a different search engine. 'a what ?' came the reply. There's a lot more like him . . .
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Mr Dos wrote: »
    There's a lot more like him . . .

Millions.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,341
    Forum Member
    Spartan is a code name, I got grabbed about 2 weeks ago in Manchester to do some market research over browsers, and it turned out to be on this new browser. From the video's and the claims they were making it does look and sound great, but once I'd learned who it was by, my belief that it could be as perfect as they were trying to suggest was lost upon. They have culled the best parts of everything and brought them together, it's nothing really new, but it did look nicer than what we've seen before.

I wish I could remember the name they were using back then, it wasn't spartan that I do know. I'll see if I can remember during the day, and post what they were calling it during the research stage.

A quick search of my search history has revealed the answer, Weave.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spartan will probably just turn out to be the internal code name for IE 12.