Surely The Worst Transfer Rumours Ever!!

Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,987
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Eto'o to Man U in a swap deal with Saha going to Barca. I can just see Barca wanting to sell one of the best strikers in world football for a crock who is out for months whenever one his nails split.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=samuel-top-of-swaps%26method=full%26objectid=20123651%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Another equally stupid one is the attached which mentions the possibility of 3 Arsenal players going to spurs.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=hotline%26method=full%26objectid=20123652%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Journalists are terminally thick people with no common sense or intellect. How they get this nonsense past their bosses is beyond me but thanks for the laugh anyway.

Comments

• tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7100368.stm

Always entertaining to look at. Some have a bit of substance and credibility though.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see from there that The Spuds are signing Baptitsup in January as well.
    I hope that ones true:D
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

So do I, even that lot won't want him after a few games. Anyway that's enough obsessing about our friends down the road because you know site admin will be on our case otherwise.;)
  • Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mentioned one a few months ago, ie, Van Nistelrooy to Arsenal. Also deserves mentions are some that I heard today are Ronaldinho, Kaka and Messi to Man City.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »

he was at sevillie with ramos before he move to madrid, maybe he thinks he can get the best out of him again
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eto'o for Saha! That sounded so unlikely it might be true.:)

The new manager rumours are the worst (and most predictable). The usual list of unemployed suspects is trotted out each time.

Before Sven was appointed there were rumours of various continental managers definitely in line for the City job, followed by swift and comprehensive denials, which showed the rumours for what they were: baseless.

The football rumour mill is very damaging. If nothing else it unsettles players and could cause problems with team-mates and the manager. Most of the speculation is unfounded based on journalistic guesswork and the need to fill todays sports pages. Other rumours seem to be fed by the players' agents as part of the tapping up process.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all journos do is go onto fan forums and look to see who the fans want and then post it, Alan Oliver got caught out doing that up here in Newcastle in the Chronicle a few years back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking as a Palace fan the worst ive ever heard were Gasgoine and Maradona coming to us,
    It was just after his last drugs ban ended and there was talk of him playing for us for 6 months.
    I would never believe the News of the world would print such rubbish.;) :D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read in the News of the World that Ronaldinho loved Seaton Carew Caravan Park so much that he asked to join Hartlepool
  • DRofThuganomicsDRofThuganomics Posts: 4,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Newsof the World is full of bullshit as are most newspapers.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Eto'o to Man U in a swap deal with Saha going to Barca. I can just see Barca wanting to sell one of the best strikers in world football for a crock who is out for months whenever one his nails split.
    I have heard many times about Barca hoping to offload Eto due to his incredibly bad attitude and poop-stirring.