Options

Does your cat snore?

SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have two 2-year old females, one black and one tabby. Now I've never heard the tabby snoring but I've heard the black one snore several times when sleeping in my room and this is real proper snoring not purring even though she does purr in her sleep sometimes.

Is this a phenonemon or do some cats actually snore?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    No, my little one snores. I actually think it is quite cute. He also purrs in his sleep. As you say, there is a difference. I don't mind listening to wee one snore. Better than hubby :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My older cats snores quite loud. Sometimes we can even hear it over the TV! Its cute most of the time, but not when I am working and she is on the desk next to me!!!!
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, he does a little sleep gurn sometimes too. its cute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had cats in the past that snored, but my present cat never has...until last night!

It was actually very sweet and endearing watching his little face as he snored...pity it was drowned out by my hubby's even louder snoring!! :D:D
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd have to be honest, I'd rather listen to a cat snoring than a man....:eek: Somehow there is something with cats snores.....:):o

Whilst they (cats) snore their little legs go as well dont they! ......hmm Not the same with a man in the bed doing the same thing.....:eek::o:D
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber doesn't snore, OH does - wish it was the other way around :D
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    My cat snores rather loudly right in my ear - but then I snore too, so we snore together lol.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    all of mine snore but my youngest can snore louder than my o/h but his are so much nicer to listen to
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, my cat snores. But never louder than me!!! :eek: :)
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, my little one snores. I actually think it is quite cute. He also purrs in his sleep. As you say, there is a difference. I don't mind listening to wee one snore. Better than hubby :D

I think it's cute too & I love when mine purrs in her sleep.

Well, by reading the other comments on here it looks like this is not unusual. I asked because I used to have cats years before the ones I have now and have never once heard any of them snore.

The present ones even sometimes stand on their hind legs (like dogs do when they're begging) something I've never seen a cat do before either. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Sometimes, he does a little sleep gurn sometimes too. its cute.

None of mine gurn when they sleep but the tabby sometimes covers her eyes with both paws when she sleeps.
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, my cat snores so loudly sometimes it wakes me up. She's got quite a "squashed" face so I put it down to that. She's an ordinary moggie, not a specific breed. She's also worse in the winter when the heating is on.

Don't think it's that uncommon, one of parents elderly cats does it too.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jingle doesn't snore, though my sister's cat Tuppy did. :)

We used to have a proper snigger when Tuppence started snoring in the corner of the room. :D
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My previous cat Jacob used to snore, but Rolo my present one doesn't so far, but he does put his paw over his face when he's fast asleep, and looks do sweet!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my cat cookie snores , and it is passed being cute, it actually really annoys me, but i dont have the cheek to wake him.

hes my baby.
  • Options
    Little-IanLittle-Ian Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat has snored a fair few times. Yes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my older cat Murphy, snores not very loudly mind you and you can only hear it if your sat right next to him Milly on the other hand dosen't make a sound.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hearing your cat snore sometimes sounds like an old man.....If you watchem em...you see them *twitching* and their legs going....Must say some cats just snore just like I us, must better to hear a cat snoring than a man.....*sorry* :o
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our Maine **** snores almost as loudly as a human! You can hear him at the other end of the room. Black cat snores quietly, but the old tabby has never snored - he's got self-esteem problems and doesn't want to draw attention to himself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Our Maine **** snores almost as loudly as a human! You can hear him at the other end of the room. Black cat snores quietly, but the old tabby has never snored - he's got self-esteem problems and doesn't want to draw attention to himself!

Chuckles :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 of my cats snore, the dog snores and my o/h snores.....it drives me maaaadddd! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Yes, my cat snores, quite loudly might i add! It's funny listening to her, she makes some strange noises, bless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Yeah i have 5 and only one snores, hes like an trumbone!