Options

lucy spraggen cannot sing but its not a problem

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should have gone to BGT. I like her and I thought her audition was funny (mainly because I totally related to the song :o ) but she's not what The X Factor is supposedly looking for. She doesn't have particularly great vocals but for her kind of music you don't need to be Leona Lewis! She works as a comedy act but she's not a pop star.
  • Options
    jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beckham76 wrote: »
    nah its obvious she is going to do mash ups every week.. no other way she will be able to get thru the weeks... which will also give her a advantage cos she will cherry pick the best catchy lines.. she is the dark horse to win this.. i can see it..
    along with producers plan A... carolynne poole...
    Carolynne Poole's singing was shown very little on tonights show, for one reason i think she screwed up her song just like Lucy . From what i saw tonight which was very short, she began well but just before the Vt cut to another singer she went out of tune and sang some flat notes . This is why her singing vt was edited very short if it had been any longer it would have been very obvious and the cat would have been out of the bag.
  • Options
    TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nswaki wrote: »
    Not sure what u mean like "huge production used" u mean her guitar?

Really ? try watcthing the live shows and you might get a clue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speak-singer ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I don't think she can sing that good, she's certainly not as good as some of the other girls on there and she's too hyped up/overrated in my opinion, yeah her songs might be good but you have to be able to sing too. I agree that The X Factor is the wrong show for her, and I think she would have been better going on Britain's got talent or something instead.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its only really `britain`s got talent` that would be suitable for her. would the coaches on `the voice` turn around for her vocals? even if they did, because they liked her song, she would not get past the battle rounds. quite entertaining at first, but overrated and one dimensional.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    such a lazy lesbian stereotype

Cue outrage and accusations of homophobia. :p
    RodRuby93 wrote: »
    She's this year's Cher Lloyd.

Nah, Cher was funnier!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RodRuby93 wrote: »
    She's this year's Cher Lloyd.

Cher can sing, Lucy really can't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj2 wrote: »
    Carolynne Poole's singing was shown very little on tonights show, for one reason i think she screwed up her song just like Lucy . From what i saw tonight which was very short, she began well but just before the Vt cut to another singer she went out of tune and sang some flat notes . This is why her singing vt was edited very short if it had been any longer it would have been very obvious and the cat would have been out of the bag.

i thought the same thing.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Nswaki wrote: »
    give victoria wood a modonna song to sing and she prob couldnt ..... dont mean she cant sing!!! shes brilliant at her own songs.....

That's exactly what we said when she did her audition, a young Victoria Wood! I'm not sure she is X-Factor material though to be honest.
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's more suited to the stage at the Red Lion on a Friday night than on X Factor as she's not a proper singer. But her initial audition was creative and a welcome change to some of the dross that appears on the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's somehow not right for x-factor. She has her own style and her own songs. It doesn't function when she sings other songs. Having said that, i enjoy her singing her own songs. I suspect she could be a Rachel Hylton who doesn't function in live shows.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Jupiter* wrote: »
    She's somehow not right for x-factor. She has her own style and her own songs. It doesn't function when she sings other songs. Having said that, i enjoy her singing her own songs. I suspect she could be a Rachel Hylton who doesn't function in live shows.

It was a shame about Rachel because she does have a very good voice :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she was shit..The girl in red top was much better, gutted she got turned down :(
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fer cryin' out loud. Lucy Spraggan sings. It's an entertainment show, not Cardiff Singer of the World: it's not about finding the "best singer", which is completely a debatable point anyway when so many styles of and approaches to singing are involved.

You can say it's about ITV Saturday night ratings or it's about growing Simon Cowell's fortune or it's about keeping ten million people sort of interested or it's about launching a few careers, finding a few recording artists. It certainly can't afford to be too much of the same thing, it wouldn't have much of an audience for long if the live shows started with twelve Jahmenes or twelve Carolynnes or twelve Lucy Spraggans. But, starting in a fortnight, it's over to the public, to some extent at least. Anyone they're not sufficiently entertained by will go home fairly soon. Signs are quite a lot of them will be entertained by Lucy's singing, despite her rarely if ever opening her mouth wide enough to have an orange stuffed in it.

She no more talks her way through songs than Harry Plunket Greene, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbmyM3KsDrQ , talks his way through Der Leiermann. That's sublime, and Lucy Spraggan rarely approaches sublimity, but I'm guessing she'll be the reason for quite a few folks' persevering with this year's X Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine what her winner's song would sound like?
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    EdgarK wrote: »
    Fer cryin' out loud. Lucy Spraggan sings. It's an entertainment show, not Cardiff Singer of the World: it's not about finding the "best singer", which is completely a debatable point anyway when so many styles of and approaches to singing are involved.

You can say it's about ITV Saturday night ratings or it's about growing Simon Cowell's fortune or it's about keeping ten million people sort of interested or it's about launching a few careers, finding a few recording artists. It certainly can't afford to be too much of the same thing, it wouldn't have much of an audience for long if the live shows started with twelve Jahmenes or twelve Carolynnes or twelve Lucy Spraggans. But, starting in a fortnight, it's over to the public, to some extent at least. Anyone they're not sufficiently entertained by will go home fairly soon. Signs are quite a lot of them will be entertained by Lucy's singing, despite her rarely if ever opening her mouth wide enough to have an orange stuffed in it.

She no more talks her way through songs than Harry Plunket Greene, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbmyM3KsDrQ , talks his way through Der Leiermann. That's sublime, and Lucy Spraggan rarely approaches sublimity, but I'm guessing she'll be the reason for quite a few folks' persevering with this year's X Factor.

I know quite a few people for whom this holds true actually.

Very well written post, agree with pretty much every word :)
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Lucy's audition but didn't feel then that XF was the way for her to go. I still hold that view as I see her more as a comedian who sings rather than a recording star.

Judges seem to love her so maybe she will go through but I can't see her doing well in the themed format of XF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

simon cowell and x factor contestants all lyric-ed up in verses..oh my :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

I don't for a moment think there'll be one, because I can't possibly see her gaining more than half the votes in the final even if she were to get there. Cher Lloyd, for example, came nowhere close to winning, and Lucy will be at least as divisive. If there were, though, it might well not be so very unlike some of her songs that are, or were, already out there. If that many of the public had warmed to her charms, it would be a surefire number 1.

Not, definitely not, a cover of Moves Like Jagger :D
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EdgarK wrote: »
    I don't for a moment think there'll be one, because I can't possibly see her gaining more than half the votes in the final even if she were to get there. Cher Lloyd, for example, came nowhere close to winning, and Lucy will be at least as divisive. If there were, though, it might well not be so very unlike some of her songs that are, or were, already out there. If that many of the public had warmed to her charms, it would be a surefire number 1.

Not, definitely not, a cover of Moves Like Jagger :D

I would hope not I never want to hear that song ever again. :mad::p
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's more suited to the stage at the Red Lion on a Friday night than on X Factor as she's not a proper singer. But her initial audition was creative and a welcome change to some of the dross that appears on the show.

Her initial audtion was very creative and edited well - i think they were trying to do another Susan Boyle "Viral" thing with Youtube etc.

No doubt in my mind they will sign her and had that in mind the first time the producers heard her (so many shots of her in the show, she was the one who had the mic to ask JLS to sing etc). I cant see her getting far in live finals though - surely they cant stick her out on stage with a guitar every week. Maybe she does a "Goldie" type exit at Judges Houses and then brought back at the live finale so they can showcase her and release the album. The tone i get from her on Twitter is that she isnt part of it any longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Have you never met someone who smiles and jokes through nerves? It's very common and that's all it seemed to be. It was the same expression she wore at her initial audition when she said out loud she was very nervous.

Honestly, I just think this the same crap that people claim every year about the contestants they don't like. "I don't like this contestant's voice and obviously this also means I don't like their personality. Therefore they're fake/arrogant/cocky/etc. based on my speculation."

I know what you mean. I admit my feelings that she seemed arrogant are speculative and one can never know for sure if she was being truly arrogant in the way she acted as it was subtle but its just what I sensed at the time.

Im starting to think she could well be this years producers "Plan A" act. I think she will be aided through each round all the way up to the lives, even if she has poor performances but as we know this usually backfires on the show aka cher and katie at judges houses and there will be more public backlash, and sing off scandals too boot. It might happen we will have to see. My guess is they want to get her as much exposure as possible, keep her on the show for as long as they can manipulate, and then sign her straight up when she's booted.

I really am not a fan. I would of booted her last night without question. Her performance was just utterly unpleasant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicotine wrote: »

...Im starting to think she could well be this years producers "Plan A" act...I

Can't see it myself, especially with the winner guaranteed to sing at the US X Factor final. Lucy has evident sales potential in the UK from what was happening before her songs were pulled, but I doubt Simon Cowell or anyone else would be keen to try promoting her as the next big thing globally. Not that I've been able yet to guess who of this year's crop they might want to promote in the US... possibly Ella, possibly Jahmene who might have more of a market waiting for him there than he'll ever have here given the clean-living Christian vibe.
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicotine wrote: »
    I know what you mean. I admit my feelings that she seemed arrogant are speculative and one can never know for sure if she was being truly arrogant in the way she acted as it was subtle but its just what I sensed at the time.

Im starting to think she could well be this years producers "Plan A" act. I think she will be aided through each round all the way up to the lives, even if she has poor performances but as we know this usually backfires on the show aka cher and katie at judges houses and there will be more public backlash, and sing off scandals too boot. It might happen we will have to see. My guess is they want to get her as much exposure as possible, keep her on the show for as long as they can manipulate, and then sign her straight up when she's booted.

I really am not a fan. I would of booted her last night without question. Her performance was just utterly unpleasant.

I would say Kye is plan A with James as plan B.
    Seems like they are looking for a male musician this year.