Aer Lingus- Anyone Flown With Them?

scorpio20080scorpio20080 Posts: 2,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thinking of booking flights with Aer Lingus as they're the cheapest at the moment (international), but never flown with them.

If anyone has flown with them, good or bad experiences, please post them here!:)

Thanks!!:)

Comments

• snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We did , just got back from the States on sunday morning and can`t complain about them . We had good flights both there and back , both lots of crews were friendly :)
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many times and they are excellent.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many times . They are grand
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,422
    Forum Member
    I flew with them once and they were great
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flew with them recently and no problems. Plus, if going to the US then you get to do your immigration in Dunlin, which is a huge bonus.

Only negative points are that the seat back TVs which are iPad style and have a huge viewing angle, which means everyone can see if you are watching something a bit racy. Also, the stewardesses aren't quite as easy on the eye as, say, Virgin or Emirates
  • ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a couple of times. No complaints at all.
  • ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're flying to the States, you get to clear customs and immigration in Ireland. You land in the Us as a domestic flight. This savers a lot of time.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I've only ever flown to/from Ireland with them and cannot fault it. The service is generally friendly, the cabin is as decent as any other short-haul economy cabin and they've always been on time for me personally.

I'm also interested in travelling to the States with them because of the convenience of doing US immigration before leaving Ireland.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    A few times.
    Never had any problems, apart from the time the aircrafts landing gear wouldn't retract, so the plane had to turn around and return to the original airport.
    That could happen to any airline.
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're flying to the States, you get to clear customs and immigration in Ireland. You land in the Us as a domestic flight. This savers a lot of time.

I agree , much better :)
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only flown to Dublin and back with them, they were good.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flown with them to London and back. No complaints here and I booked them as they were the cheapest at the time. :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Often fly them from Shannon to London and back, but they are fine. I prefer them to Ryanair.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just local flights.
    They share flights with B.A
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful, I do everything in my power not to fly with them. They also tend to strike a lot or at least threaten it.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent airline.
    Unfortunately they no longer fly out of Gatwick.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Mum uses them when visiting from Ireland, she says they are really good and the cabin crew are friendly
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Excellent airline.
    Unfortunately they no longer fly out of Gatwick.

yes they do ?
  • PemblechookPemblechook Posts: 2,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryanair hold about a third of the shares and are the biggest shareholder.
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, flew from Glasgow (via Dublin) to Boston return. We couldn't do the immigration thing as it was a year ago (just post Boston bombing so understandable). Good flights, nice crew, food is flight food so nowt special. Would definetely fly with them again.