X Factor - Queen Week - 14th November 2009 - 8pm ITV1

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Hope this is not too early for everyone tonight :)

7 acts remain after last week's shock result

Queen week this week so best of luck to the remaining acts

Comments

• thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so is this now the show thread

you need to decorate the title lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Do we know what the song choices are yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering when this would start... Loved the last two weeks (didn't do forums before then) ROFL PMSL etc etc *TOTAL RESPECT*

Anyone mind if I reserve the seat next to me - my mate will be coming later... :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thinkfun wrote: »
    so is this now the show thread

you need to decorate the title lol

So can you do that after the thread has stuff in it? (i.e. not only when you first create it) :confused::confused::confused:
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loulou63 wrote: »
    Do we know what the song choices are yet?

There's a thread floating round somewhere, but I think it's like this:

Stacey - Who Wants to Live Forever
    Joe - Somebody to Love
    Lloyd - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Danyl - We Are the Champions
    Jamie - Radio Ga Ga
    Olly - Don't Stop Me Now
    John and Edward - Under Pressure
  • thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So can you do that after the thread has stuff in it? (i.e. not only when you first create it) :confused::confused::confused:

i think you just have to edit it....
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo!! Looking forward to this tonight despite having a MONSTER CHEST INFECTION...really missed evaluating the show last week! Stupid fireworks party...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thinkfun wrote: »
    i think you just have to edit it....

:o:o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Hope this is not too early for everyone tonight :)

7 acts remain after last week's shock result

Queen week this week so best of luck to the remaining acts

Early? This is LATE compared to normal :p.

Won't be here tonight, seeing Beyonce. Going to miss Jamie deliver an amazing performance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    There's a thread floating round somewhere, but I think it's like this:

So how I think they'll do - and then I can update after show...

Stacey - Who Wants to Live Forever - WAY to big for her... :cry:

Joe - Somebody to Love - Kinda meh... as usual :yawn:

Lloyd - Crazy Little Thing Called Love... best choice for him; all Queen is "big toys for the big boys"; Lloyd just ain't old enough but maybe he can grow into it... :confused:

Danyl - We Are the Champions... good grief couldn't they come up with up with something a little less obvious - trying to think where the money note will be - no matter he'll stick one in somewhere ;)

Jamie - Radio Ga Ga... Soz but I am SOoo lookin' forward to this; and I want it in the pimp spot - or opening... :cool:

Olly - Don't Stop Me Now... I wish somebody would. Bet he makes this middle-of-the-road like everything else he has done... :p

John and Edward - Under Pressure... apparently they're havin' trouble remembering the words. Jeez tell me something I don't know. :rolleyes:

Glad that's over... roll on showtime... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how I think they'll do - and then I can update after show...

Stacey - Who Wants to Live Forever - WAY to big for her... :cry:

I'm not so sure.

Queen have said she did brilliantly at rehersals and that 'she'll break a lot of men's hearts if she sings like that on Saturday', Dannii and Sinitta have said she's hitting the big notes excellently, and that she has 'doubled in strength'.

I think the exit of Lucie has spurred her/motivated her on to succeed and do better to ensure safety.

I think this could be the 'wow' performance so many have been waiting for. :)

Moving on - can't wait for tonight. :D Really excited.

Looking forward to Olly and Stacey!
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great song choice for stacey and joe :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Woo hoo!! Looking forward to this tonight despite having a MONSTER CHEST INFECTION...really missed evaluating the show last week! Stupid fireworks party...

Ditto on the chest infection (and a throat infection too!).:(

Am too ill to even yell at the tv like normal...
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Official site and DS now confirming the song choices

http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/music/this-weeks-songs/detail/item_100231.htm
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Ditto on the chest infection (and a throat infection too!).:(

Am too ill to even yell at the tv like normal...

I just tested the chest infection out on a few Jedward vids on youtube...the slightest giggle sent me into coughing fit lasting about 3 mins straight...

...I'm going to risk it
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    Now we'll really see how bad this lot are. As they murder these songs at least we can compare it to how talented people in the West End sing them in We Will Rock You.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    I just tested the chest infection out on a few Jedward vids on youtube...the slightest giggle sent me into coughing fit lasting about 3 mins straight...

...I'm going to risk it

I know - i'm worried i'm going to cough up a lung!

Death by Jedward? My epitaph can be "It's how she would have wanted to go"!:D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting how Jamie is now singing Radio Gaga. Was it really a problem for the twins or did Cowell just step in and pull rank?
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how Jamie is now singing Radio Gaga. Was it really a problem for the twins or did Cowell just step in and pull rank?

I'm willing to bet Jamie really was originally singing Seven Seas of Rhye, but since the twins were having trouble Simon just had to pick on Jamie because he doesn't really care for him that much, and thought Radio Ga Ga just had to be in there. Can't ignore those ratings you know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    looking forward to tonight. I love Radio Ga Ga and I'm glad Jamie has it :) also love crazy little thing and not glad Lloyd has it - was hoping it would be given to Olly. :mad:
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't imagine why he would want to for that song. Of all the Queen songs to choose from, why go for that undemanding one? Unless he is trying to bury Jamie.
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kizzib wrote: »
    looking forward to tonight. I love Radio Ga Ga and I'm glad Jamie has it :) also love crazy little thing and not glad Lloyd has it - was hoping it would be given to Olly. :mad:

Olly has a better song in Don't Stop Me Now. It will be interesting to see how he gets on with it considering that Shayne pulled out of singing it and so did a contestant on Queen week on AI in 2006 because it isn't an easy song to sing live.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait! :D
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm - it's still going to seem weird without Brian's guitar solos..

Although it might be interesting to see whether any of the people in the bottom two try either Flick of the Wrist or Death on two legs... or maybe Brighton Rock as singoff ones..
  • ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Olly has a better song in Don't Stop Me Now. It will be interesting to see how he gets on with it considering that Shayne pulled out of singing it and so did a contestant on Queen week on AI in 2006 because it isn't an easy song to sing live.

I'm surprised people don't seem to comment on this. It is not an easy song to sing at all, if Olly does a good job people will have to admit he can actually sing.