Options

Why did James have a go at Bianca?

Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
Forum Member
Before she messed up with the exclusive territory deal she was not doing anything wrong and was only giving suggestions and seemed to do be working well but James was being a **** as usually and started having a go at her for no reason. Glad she stood her ground, she is right a fool always has to say something and James is the biggest fool going.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and what the hell was "I put you with me too see what you are made off"

She is not a baby James.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bianca is a woman, and I guess that James in his own words "needs to put her in her place".
    Can't have ladies trying to offer helpful advice because they get all emotional and irrational when men are trying to do important business.

It's very annoying that I have to admit that James did well in terms of getting a result in the task and that Bianca did make a terrible mistake which would have probably got her fired if their team had lost.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James has a go at blokes too but being a short lad I dare say he feels 'safer' showing his anger at the ladies.

Bianca was trying to 'lead' on the photo task over her PM and silenced him when he tried to make a suggestion, normally this would be fine, but he was PM and deserves respect enough to be heard

And then she made the biggest fu** up of all, this after her clever 'fool' monologue
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    same reason basically that PMs always have a go at someone in their team for a mistake , they want to have an obvious scapegoat ready to cover their own back should their team lose the task

in this case he was probably right tho , it was an extremely careless mistake and she deserved it
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we have to be careful about jumping to conclusions as we were only shown tiny bits of an argument that had clearly been building all day. James' attitude towards Bianca was not good - I do wonder if he has a problem with women - but equally we did see a bit of Bianca chipping away at him during the photo shoot, offering "helpful suggestions" and so on.

To me, it looked like James did shut her out a bit but equally Bianca was desperately trying to show that she was contributing. Was that fair enough or did she push too far? It's hard to tell from the snippets we saw. My guess is there was an element of fault on both sides.

Mind you, Bianca's subsequent exclusivity trip-up meant that if Summit had lost she would surely have been fired regardless of any of James' failings (and, to be fair, while he was dictatorial I thought he had his best week so far by a distance).
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Bianca is a woman, and I guess that James in his own words "needs to put her in her place".
    Can't have ladies trying to offer helpful advice because they get all emotional and irrational when men are trying to do important business.

It's very annoying that I have to admit that James did well in terms of getting a result in the task and that Bianca did make a terrible mistake which would have probably got her fired if their team had lost.

He was demeaning and overbearing with Roisin as well as Bianca. Definite red flag re. 'dodgy attitude to women'.

But by gum, Bianca has made two disastrous mistakes now in succession. I don't know if it was foot-in-mouth syndrome brought on by pressure or if she just genuinely lacks commercial instincts. She's lucky to still be there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was demeaning and overbearing with Roisin as well as Bianca. Definite red flag re. 'dodgy attitude to women'.

But by gum, Bianca has made two disastrous mistakes now in succession. I don't know if it was foot-in-mouth syndrome brought on by pressure or if she just genuinely lacks commercial instincts. She's lucky to still be there.
    Yeah, I get that the candidates are under pressure and it might have been a slip of the tongue, but the fact that it didn't seem to even occur to her that she had made an error until she spoke to James was a bug red flag. Indeed, she seemed delighted to have closed the deal.

Bianca's from London too, so she should have been aware enough of London's geography to know how big Westminster is (it's basically the whole of central London). And if she wasn't sure, she should have checked first!

Having said that, Bianca wasn't the only person in that sub-team. Someone should have corrected the error.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its clear Bianca did it on purpose to get her own back on James for being a **** to her.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I feel like he was trying to pin blame on someone so he could keep that up if they lost (this was before Bianca made an obvious error, so it would be easy to pin the blame on her). Having said that, we only see a small amount of the footage. It is entirely possible that had we seen the whole day with James and Bianca we'd have supported him, but who knows?
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    James was leading the photo shoot and Bianca kept butting in and talking over him, which was very unprofessional. So he told her so.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,932
    Forum Member
    Dodgy attitude to women? What utter nonsense.

He's been dismissive towards pretty much every person in the house at one time or another, male or female.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    At the end of the day, if she wants to be PM and have a say in the running of things, then step up, otherwise shut up and do as your told. They had ago a James as he ran his PM as a dictatorship, nothing wrong with that, thats often the most efficient form of government. Can't be doing with all this "lets sit down and discuss things" to the enth degree. As James would say "my balls are on the line" if this goes wrong, then you can blame me.
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably got fed up with her asking to go to Westminister
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I think it was just James being James, and he dint really have any reason to speak to her that way. He doesn't like people who question him or inthis case, don't allow him to interrupt. And that really got his goat. Bianca is one of those people whose manner can wind you up the wrong way, I reckon. She does annoy me a little bit and she's not as competent as she makes out given her double whammy of massive sales errors in the last two tasks. But James was out of line.

In any case though, James had every right to be mad at her later for the exclusitivy shambles. That deserved an instant firing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, if she wants to be PM and have a say in the running of things, then step up, otherwise shut up and do as your told. They had ago a James as he ran his PM as a dictatorship, nothing wrong with that, thats often the most efficient form of government. Can't be doing with all this "lets sit down and discuss things" to the enth degree. As James would say "my balls are on the line" if this goes wrong, then you can blame me.
    Tasks as PM for Bianca: Zero. I don't recall her even trying to be PM in any task - she's always seen reversing away from the scene of the crime with undue haste. Mark and Lauren have a lot to prove to Sugar in terms of their leadership qualities, but so does Bianca.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tasks as PM for Bianca: Zero. I don't recall her even trying to be PM in any task - she's always seen reversing away from the scene of the crime with undue haste. Mark and Lauren have a lot to prove to Sugar in terms of their leadership qualities, but so does Bianca.

Yeah, Bianca is one of the most blatant arse-coverers we've ever had on the show. I can think of at least three episodes where she's started planning for the boardroom within the first 20 minutes of the episode.

Unless there's a team shake-up next week (there might be actually), Bianca has to be PM next week, surely? Mark and Lauren will fight it out for PM but I expect Lauren to do it. Will be interesting to see them both as PM.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a case of him interpreting PM role as being "in charge" and thinking that means barking out orders and the others being irrelevant.
    Thought it was a bit off when that shop owner suggested and asked for exclusivity and that somehow spun into being his idea just cos he said "yes" (and probably didn't know what it meant)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Yeah, Bianca is one of the most blatant arse-coverers we've ever had on the show. I can think of at least three episodes where she's started planning for the boardroom within the first 20 minutes of the episode.

Unless there's a team shake-up next week (there might be actually), Bianca has to be PM next week, surely? Mark and Lauren will fight it out for PM but I expect Lauren to do it. Will be interesting to see them both as PM.

Well, if Lord Sugar doesn't appoint the Project Managers, it depends what the team thinks. Usually in the past they've let people who haven't done it yet give it a shot, but not always. Last year Alex kept putting himself forward and not being chosen, and in the end Lord Sugar had to appoint him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, if Lord Sugar doesn't appoint the Project Managers, it depends what the team thinks. Usually in the past they've let people who haven't done it yet give it a shot, but not always. Last year Alex kept putting himself forward and not being chosen, and in the end Lord Sugar had to appoint him.

Yeah, but usually - not always, but usually - if there's only one person left who hasn't PM'd, they will be first choice within their team unless there's a serious reason not to go with them. Alex last year was a rare and weird exception. The point I was getting at though is that I suspect Bianca doesn't want to be PM (she has said no 3 or 4 times now) but she will have little excuse next week. She doesn't technically have to do it but there's still room for another double firing or two and I suspect she would be instantly fired if she was in the same team and actively refused it next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Dodgy attitude to women? What utter nonsense.

He's been dismissive towards pretty much every person in the house at one time or another, male or female.

I wouldn't be so sure that it's nonsense about his attitude to women due to the particular language he was using. It reminded me very much of 'women should know their place'. It's true that he can be aggressive with one or two of the men, but I just don't think he would have said a couple of the same things he said to Bianca.

Mind you, it does look like something petty which works both ways. I personally felt that Bianca only made that stupid exclusivity offer because she didn't want to be outdone by James.
    Can somebody remind me what her huge error last week was because I've forgotten?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be so sure that it's nonsense about his attitude to women due to the particular language he was using. It reminded me very much of 'women should know their place'. It's true that he can be aggressive with one or two of the men, but I just don't think he would have said a couple of the same things he said to Bianca.

Mind you, it does look like something petty which works both ways. I personally felt that Bianca only made that stupid exclusivity offer because she didn't want to be outdone by James.
    Can somebody remind me what her huge error last week was because I've forgotten?

She told a group of potential customers that they were the last people that they were speaking to. That meant that they were pretty much desperate to sell their last few tickets, and gave the customers the freedom to try to negotiate the price down even further.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

Actually, autocratic leadership can be disastrous in business on a long-term basis because it destroys motivation and morale, and it limits input from the potentially talented people you have around you. Yeah, it does have benefits in situations that are time-pressured and high risk like Apprentice tasks or in sectors like the military. It also works if a team is inexperienced or lazy rather than motivated and high-achievers like Apprentice candidates.

So I agree that there's a time and a place for autocracy and I can see why a task on the Apprentice would suit that style if you want to get results and you trust yourself. But it's incredibly high risk given Sugar's propensity to sack the PM and the fact that your leadership skills are under scrutiny. We know Sugar likes that kind of courage and he's old school himself but I'm not convinced James CHOSE this style deliberately for the task at hand, adapting like a good leader would, or if he just is an autocrat. I suspect the latter cos he's arrogant and has poor interpersonal skills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She told a group of potential customers that they were the last people that they were speaking to. That meant that they were pretty much desperate to sell their last few tickets, and gave the customers the freedom to try to negotiate the price down even further.

Ah yes of course. Thanks.:)
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His default criminal, thuggish side came to the surface when he was having a go at her: found it quite uncomfortable. And yet there are still people on here who really like him, some of whom even fancy him.:confused: Go figure.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can I just double-check that you just said there's nothing wrong with a dictatorship? And that letting other people voice their opinion (for example, Roisin coming up with the whole game idea...) is a bad thing? I was wondering what sort of person would be able to stand James & defend him. Thank you for the answer.