P!nk cancels tonights Birmingham show due to illness

124»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »

The events were out of her hands but a few small minded people can't seem to understand that. They are clearly not very good fans of hers

her illness was beyond her control, i completely agree there, she doesn't strike me as the type to cancel a show on a whim. the thing is, many people that buy these tickets are casual fans, they feel no emotional attachment and just want to see her perform. dubbing these people bad fans, small minded or suggesting these people think she`s a lapdog is all very well, but there are people disappointed with a cancelled show and i don't think her response is appropriate all things considered.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    her illness was beyond her control, i completely agree there, she doesn't strike me as the type to cancel a show on a whim. the thing is, many people that buy these tickets are casual fans, they feel no emotional attachment and just want to see her perform. dubbing these people bad fans, small minded or suggesting these people think she`s a lapdog is all very well, but there are people disappointed with a cancelled show and i don't think her response is appropriate all things considered.

Yes they are disappointed but that's not an excuse to send abuse to someone. Sometimes things in life disappoint us but that's not a green light to be rude and nasty. Casual fan or not, it's still rude, childish, small minded and unnecessary. They will be refunded for the concert which is all they are entitled to. I'm fortunate to live 40 minutes from the O2 so if it happened there I wouldn't really be out of pocket.

When the Volcano erupted the other year, I was stuck in Canada for an extra 2 weeks as that was the earliest I could get a flight back without having to pay £3000 for changing my flight. It cost me money to stay longer but a hell of a lot less than paying 3K to get home ASAP. Luckily work were fine and I got paid for being stranded. I couldn't claim on insurance. It was a bit of a nightmare but no amount of abuse to anyone would fix the situation or make things better. It was completely out of my hands.
    Yes it was a natural disaster BUT sometimes events happen (on varying scales) that do anger or disappoint us but there is not much we can do and getting abusive about it won't fix it or make things better. A concert cancellation is a small irritation in the grand scheme of things There will always be other concerts they can attend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are disappointed but that's not an excuse to send abuse to someone.

i never said that was an excuse, not even once, but i just don't agree with the tone of this latest "apology" either. this cancellation would be forgotten a lot sooner had she not chosen to react in this way and two wrongs don't make a right in my opinion.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i never said that was an excuse, not even once, but i just don't agree with the tone of this latest "apology" either. this cancellation would be forgotten a lot sooner had she not chose to react in this way and two wrongs don't make a right in my opinion.

I know you didn't :) but the thing is, neither of us are likely to get hundreds or even (unlikely) thousands of messages of abuse by strangers. Most of us are not good at abuse or criticism at the best of times. I don't blame her for her reaction because it's unfair on her and why should she just stomach it? I know she is a singer/celebrity but regardless of status, I'm a firm believer in standing your ground and not taking abuse. If someone gets sh*tty with me they will get the same right back in their face. No one should have to endure abuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know you didn't :) but the thing is, neither of us are likely to get hundreds or even (unlikely) thousands of messages of abuse by strangers. Most of us are not good at abuse or criticism at the best of times. I don't blame her for her reaction because it's unfair on her and why should she just stomach it? I know she is a singer/celebrity but regardless of status, I'm a firm believer in standing your ground and not taking abuse. If someone gets sh*tty with me they will get the same right back in their face. No one should have to endure abuse.

the fact remains a concert is cancelled and that is the most significant fact here. the abuse is not acceptable, but the most important aspect to all of this is that people were left disappointed and personally i think that is all that should have been addressed on this occasion. anyway, its done now and i wasn't going even going to the concert, so really its none of my business.:o however, that is my viewpoint on her facebook post and after trying to see it from both sides.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    When u buy tickets for something ages in advance youre taking that risk! youre taking the risk that youre gonner be well enough to go and that it will go ahead. Yes I agree that travelling and hotels etc cost but its just money, healthand wellbeing is priority
    I would be gutted if I missed the tour but never ever would stoop low to send her abuse!