Is Olly Murs Gay?

Comments

• djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camp but not gay. I don't think Olly Murs is the type who would hide his sexuality
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I thought he was having it off with Caroline Flack?!

Isn't Flack rumoured to be gay herself?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

By who? Never heard that. Her well publicised fling with Harry Styles suggests she's not to me.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But then in DS Showbiz terms, if she's gay and Harry Styles is .. whatever he is .. wouldn't that not quite work ?

But then i've never heard any rumours even coming close to suggesting Flack is gay.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then in DS Showbiz terms, if she's gay and Harry Styles is .. whatever he is .. wouldn't that not quite work ?

But then i've never heard any rumours even coming close to suggesting Flack is gay.

The story I heard was that she was acting as a 'beard' for Harry Styles. Her relationship history in general seems a bit odd for a 35 year old heterosexual woman.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could get your balls and everything into his huge mouth
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised no-one has come along yet to tell you they are all 'beards'.

well they would if such rumours about him were rife...which they're not. But well done on taking on board the concept of bearding - something you a few weeks ago swore blind never happened.
  • PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The story I heard was that she was acting as a 'beard' for Harry Styles. Her relationship history in general seems a bit odd for a 35 year old heterosexual woman.

Yes, no self respecting 35 year old woman would be interested in prince Harry or Harry styles :p
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    well they would if such rumours about him were rife...which they're not. But well done on taking on board the concept of bearding - something you a few weeks ago swore blind never happened.

I don't think I did, I just said that you couldn't just call everyone gay just because you thought they were which is what you were doing.
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly is not gay but a tool definitely!
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is gay on the DS forum;-) It's his business if he is or not. Don't think Olly and Caroline have any sexual chemistry at all.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    Everyone is gay on the DS forum;-) It's his business if he is or not. Don't think Olly and Caroline have any sexual chemistry at all.

if youre gay fine, but why make up a fictitious romance to cover it up?

its the fauxmances/bearding that people think is wrong

nobody likes lies or deception
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »

O'RLY?? I'm convinced he is making visits to her dressing room ;)

I get no gay vibe for him whatsoever :o
    Going on my track record I'd say it's a certainty ;):D
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member

I don't think it's especially wrong.

Celebrities wouldn't have to lie to the public, if the public weren't so nosey. There will always be the closeted celebrities who take a long time to come to terms with their sexuality, and if a fake relationship helps them then I think that's alright. As long as both parties know the score that's all that matters.

I don't think celebrities owe the public anything. But I'm in the minority with that opinion
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, really? He's as straight as Cowell....!! :p
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #Closet
  • SulalaSulala Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »

Celebrities wouldn't have to lie to the public, if the public weren't so nosey. There will always be the closeted celebrities who take a long time to come to terms with their sexuality, and if a fake relationship helps them then I think that's alright. As long as both parties know the score that's all that matters.

I don't think celebrities owe the public anything. But I'm in the minority with that opinion

That's one way of looking at it. I suppose I don't think there's anything wrong with it if they are doing it because they are still coming to terms with their sexuality, but when it gets to a point where they are comfortable with their sexuality in their own life, but are still lying to the public, it does piss me off. We're pretending if we say that the product celebrities are selling is just their music or their reality TV show, or whatever it may be. They are also selling themselves as a people, they are "personalities". We and they know it, so when the personality they are selling is a total lie, it does seem hypocritical and cowardly. Celebrities are really influential, more than people would like to admit. Celebrities being honest about their sexuality can go a long way to helping gay people. Bearding and closeting makes it look like there's something to be ashamed of, and it can't be fun for the celebrity to have to sell a lie. Celebrities profit off the public interest in them, making obscene amounts of money for doing not that much. I don't think it's too much to expect a little honesty.
    Forum Member
    Sulala wrote: »
    That's one way of looking at it. I suppose I don't think there's anything wrong with it if they are doing it because they are still coming to terms with their sexuality, but when it gets to a point where they are comfortable with their sexuality in their own life, but are still lying to the public, it does piss me off. We're pretending if we say that the product celebrities are selling is just their music or their reality TV show, or whatever it may be. They are also selling themselves as a people, they are "personalities". We and they know it, so when the personality they are selling is a total lie, it does seem hypocritical and cowardly. Celebrities are really influential, more than people would like to admit. Celebrities being honest about their sexuality can go a long way to helping gay people. Bearding and closeting makes it look like there's something to be ashamed of, and it can't be fun for the celebrity to have to sell a lie. Celebrities profit off the public interest in them, making obscene amounts of money for doing not that much. I don't think it's too much to expect a little honesty.

I think, if you like a single then you buy it. It should be the songs that count more than the celebrity, otherwise people are distracting themselves from the product itself and focusing on the wrong thing.

The same with any other product like a movie or tv show. If the public likes the movie or tv series then that's all that matters. A celebrity's only responsibility is to entertain.

I don't buy into all this spokesperson/role-model business. They don't have to help anyone, they're not The Samaritans.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely you mean celebs wouldn't have to lie about their sexuality if the public were not so homophobic. :confused::confused:
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Olly Murs brother intimate Olly was gay some years ago????
    Forum Member
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    Didn't Olly Murs brother intimate Olly was gay some years ago????

His brother is biased. They fell out ages ago because Olly didn't go to his wedding.
    Forum Member
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    Surely you mean celebs wouldn't have to lie about their sexuality if the public were not so homophobic. :confused::confused:

No, I meant what I said.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His brother is biased. They fell out ages ago because Olly didn't go to his wedding.

His brother purposefully scheduled it so it would clash with the X Factor. He couldn't miss the live show!? He'd be out of the competition. He couldn't get a free pass that is only due to illness.

They fell out years before and that includes Olly's parents too. I blame the twin brother.:D
  • SulalaSulala Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    No, I meant what I said.

But isn't the problem that the celebrity doesn't want people to know they're gay in the first place? If the celeb wasn't ashamed to be gay or worried it would affect their career, they wouldn't care if people knew, so they wouldn't care about the nosey-ness,
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe if we live in a world when people don't judge you on your sexuality, then people would feel free not to hide their sexuality.