Options

Natalie Imbruglia's new album

Nigel82Nigel82 Posts: 473
Forum Member
Did I imagine this but was Natalie Imbruglia's new album not due out today? Seems to have been pushed til next year now. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Not sure to be honest but as Amazon it says next year now.

Though it is out there if you know where to look...
  • Options
    Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It also seems to be available legally on some mp3 sites and you can be the cd on import.
  • Options
    garthy2008garthy2008 Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has indeed been pushed back to Feb 2010. But some downloads sites put it out yesterday. Was pushed back as the radio and music channels had not picked up on the lead Single Want.

Saw her last week in Heaven, and it was amazing! The album is great. Love Lukas WYNU and Scars
  • Options
    Dandeman2010xDandeman2010x Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was decided at the last minute to push the album back to February to give them the chance to release another single (Natalie explained this on 'Something for the Weekend' - BB2 on Sunday morning).

Have to say though- with "Want" only making #88 ( :eek: ) it makes me wonder if it will ever see the light of day in the UK.

Didn't know it had leaked - I will be on to this! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    It was decided at the last minute to push the album back to February to give them the chance to release another single (Natalie explained this on 'Something for the Weekend' - BB2 on Sunday morning).

Have to say though- with "Want" only making #88 ( :eek: ) it makes me wonder if it will ever see the light of day in the UK.

Didn't know it had leaked - I will be on to this! :)

They'll be hard-pushed to find something else on the album that will sell it. "My God", perhaps, but not else on the album is single-worthy.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm surprised Want didn't go higher than #88. It was a very catchy song with a good video. It lended itself to doing some great dance remixes. She also seemed like she did quite a bit of promotion and got decent press.
    I don't know why it didn't do better. I guess it was partly because it was so different than her other music and because she'd been away too long.
    I still like her doing the slightly more guitar and rock edged stuff. I didn't hear any songs like that from the clips of her new album.
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    If it was anyone else I'd have liked "want" but not enough to buy it. Natalie is far, far better than that song.

I have managed to listen to the new album a few times and although at first it didn't grab me a lot of the songs are growers. I definately prefer this album to Counting Down the Days, I do think it is too short at only 10 songs though.

Best songs are Fun, Scars and Cameo. I think if promoted the right way Fun and Scars could be singles.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 'Come to life' album is so underrated. 'Want', 'My god', 'Scars' and 'Fun' are the standout tracks for me.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Her 'Come to life' album is so underrated. 'Want', 'My god', 'Scars' and 'Fun' are the standout tracks for me.

Holy 7 year old thread resurrection Batman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Holy 7 year old thread resurrection Batman.

Didn't want to type a new thread, if there was already a topic about Natalie Imbruglia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't want to type a new thread, if there was already a topic about Natalie Imbruglia.

Not good ettitquite though. It leads people to respond to posts from years ago not realizing they're unlikely to get an answer.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her newest album is the long awaited Male from 2015 which is a covers album. Not up there with Come To Life im afraid.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Natalie, especially for Torn, Wrong Impression and her album track Leave Me Alone. :)

I often like to add to existing threads rather than create a new one for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Natalie, especially for Torn, Wrong Impression and her album track Leave Me Alone. :)

I often like to add to existing threads rather than create a new one for the sake of it.

As I pointed out though it's bad etiquette to re open threads that are so old. You often find people responding to really old posts who don't check the date. The posters they are responding to are long gone.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    As I pointed out though it's bad etiquette to re open threads that are so old. You often find people responding to really old posts who don't check the date. The posters they are responding to are long gone.

Yes, I clicked on it thinking it was about her making an actual new album, not the covers album. I love her voice, but Male was very boring.

I would like for her to make an album of original songs, but not sure if there's a market for her now as she's been away for quite a long time.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    There are some rumors that she might be returning to Neighbours soon. Her on screen son Ned is arriving soon. Tonight at 10pm Channel 5 is a good time to start watching again, because, Lassiters hotel explodes killing off a few people. Charlene (Kylie Minogue)'s son Daniel is there, and Olmpia Valance (Holly Valance's real life sister) is also there so lots of potential for musical stars to walk in.
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have Natalie, Kylie, Holly, Delta back as themselves for these episodes and be famous people staying at Lassiters.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Natalie Imbruglia, not only is she beautiful but she is actually a very good pop singer, she needs to release more songs like Torn, Wrong Impression and Shiver...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I really like Natalie Imbruglia, not only is she beautiful but she is actually a very good pop singer, she needs to release more songs like Torn, Wrong Impression and Shiver...

Yep, she is beautiful and talented, but could do with releasing songs like you mentioned, instead of covers like 'Instant Crush':)