Options

The Sanatorium (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kfb wrote: »
    Although I noticed yesterday they're still in AT mentality because they got a bit eggy with someone who had another view - but looking at it from their point of view they're entitled to get eggy if they want to.

Do you think ferfer is on her hols? As she hasn't been much in evidence lately.

I believe so yes.

Yes I saw the egginess, lol, which is why I chose to post some Josie posts in here, it's easy to guess when you aren't really welcome :D Of course they are entitled to get 'eggy' but why, is another person having a different opinion so bad? Or is it just dependant upon who that person is?

I see Sparky's posted in there too :D Doing the rounds :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

What do you think? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think? :rolleyes:

Don't know if you looked at the Josie pics on there, she looks very well I have to say, and the dress is lovely. That cast on her foot is massive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just made this delicious soup for lunch - silky smooth sweet potato, potato, onions, touch of coriander, freshly squeezed orange juice, with crispy bacon and creme fraiche for garnish. Absolutely yummy with some nice bread. And loads left for taking to work this week. :) I love making soup, especially when it works so well. Sometimes they're a bit - mweh - as Sarah would say. But this one hit the spot!

Off to Strictly tomorrow with my sister-in-law and father-in-law. Promise to blow Harry a kiss from the Strictly crowd. A special one from Dreamer for Mr Savage :p Whoops! Maybe that should rather be 2 fingers. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if you looked at the Josie pics on there, she looks very well I have to say, and the dress is lovely. That cast on her foot is massive!

Bit dodgy doing burlesque dancing with that on :p Especially for the other dancers:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit dodgy doing burlesque dancing with that on :p Especially for the other dancers:p

Hahaha what an image :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just made this delicious soup for lunch - silky smooth sweet potato, potato, onions, touch of coriander, freshly squeezed orange juice, with crispy bacon and creme fraiche for garnish. Absolutely yummy with some nice bread. And loads left for taking to work this week. :) I love making soup, especially when it works so well. Sometimes they're a bit - mweh - as Sarah would say. But this one hit the spot!

Off to Strictly tomorrow with my sister-in-law and father-in-law. Promise to blow Harry a kiss from the Strictly crowd. A special one from Dreamer for Mr Savage :p Whoops! Maybe that should rather be 2 fingers. ;):D

Where's that to ... as they say around here :D

The soup sounds delish ... you could Fedex me some :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Was going to post this on the Qwerty thread, but I know it'd be considered baiting, rather than just another topic of thought

They are discussing rebound relationships, as Q posted something about rebounds, etc.

I just wondered if anybody other than myself has thought that - after some of the things we know about Josie's former boyfriend (previous to John) and Josie's thoughts about love when she'd first entered the house, that perhaps John was the rebound relationship? She'd been in a relationship with the previous bloke for quite some time, must be very hard to get over something like that - especially if it was half as traumatic as she's said.

Mind you, every relationship following a previous one is a rebound relationship isn't it?

I have been trying to remember this term all day, 'transitional man' ... perhaps John was Josie's transitional man!

Interesting observation. I don't know what my thoughts on 'rebound/transition man' are. I think every break up and every new relationship is difficult and let's face it, starting a relationship in the BB house is going to be difficult under most circumstances.

Ali, you asked the other day why I took so long to join. I was, like many of you, swept away by the BB 11 romance. I supported them both but was never part of the 'hope they get married and have many babies' team. I was more of a 'there's something special there and I hope they'll always be there for each other' team. Now....I'm team 'let them live their lives and be happy' I'll continue to follow what they are doing but decided after the bikini photographs were retweeted that I was not able to appreciate them both.

I saw this the other day and liked it - First ask yourself: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Then speak. That is how I live twitter, my life and now DS. ;)
  • Options
    JJJ_finlandJJJ_finland Posts: 9,044
    Forum Member
    breathes out......... Sometimes when we talk it's like banging a head onto a brick wall. :D
    I made it clear the other day ..... and in my post today ..... oh, whatever:p
    I don't think you mean to have a go at ME per se but it bloody feels like it a lot of the time. I answer your point and then go onto something else and you say I don't get your point. :confused: just because I answer it with an alternative view of the situation.

As I said the other day, we just approach things differently.

Oh Kay, if I'd want to have a go at YOU per se, I would "make fun" about you and take dighs.... which I'm not

You made a post, in which you generalized all muckers to be people who had a go at Sherrie for her work. I nearly pointed out that that is not true, not all of them did and pointed out the obvious irony when you and others had just been on Josie's case about her generalizing the whole JJJAT :rolleyes:

You responded by telling me what burlesque dancing is and reminded me how people made digs towards Sherrie. Yes, I know that and I also know that burlesque dancing is not the same as being a prostitute.....

So, sorry if I didn't understand the need of that when all I did was point out that I didn't think it was fair of you to generalize all muckers of that :cool:

Oh lordy lordy lord..... It was only about the generalizing, not about muckers, josie, sherrie or burlesque or not about a different view. You either generalized or you didn't. I think you did, if you want to see it like you didn't then okey :p

Josie, Sherrie, burlesque had nothing to do with that. They were other things all together. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charleenlb wrote: »
    Interesting observation. I don't know what my thoughts on 'rebound/transition man' are. I think every break up and every new relationship is difficult and let's face it, starting a relationship in the BB house is going to be difficult under most circumstances.

Ali, you asked the other day why I took so long to join. I was, like many of you, swept away by the BB 11 romance. I supported them both but was never part of the 'hope they get married and have many babies' team. I was more of a 'there's something special there and I hope they'll always be there for each other' team. Now....I'm team 'let them live their lives and be happy' I'll continue to follow what they are doing but decided after the bikini photographs were retweeted that I was not able to appreciate them both.

I saw this the other day and liked it - First ask yourself: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Then speak. That is how I live twitter, my life and now DS. ;)

Well I'm glad you're here finally, bet you've had to bite your lip a few times at some of the tweets you see :D (mine included :D) lol.

edit: don't know if you read much but here and on the JJAT they is a lot of talk about books, and the JJAT is doing a monthly book club - you don't have to mention John at all lol, just read the book they have chosen and talk about it when done :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, Laura's up and about and now wants big cuddles - which really means lying under the quilt and cuddling/tickling her like crazy :D So off I go, catch you soon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was going to post this on the Qwerty thread, but I know it'd be considered baiting, rather than just another topic of thought

They are discussing rebound relationships, as Q posted something about rebounds, etc.

I just wondered if anybody other than myself has thought that - after some of the things we know about Josie's former boyfriend (previous to John) and Josie's thoughts about love when she'd first entered the house, that perhaps John was the rebound relationship? She'd been in a relationship with the previous bloke for quite some time, must be very hard to get over something like that - especially if it was half as traumatic as she's said.

Mind you, every relationship following a previous one is a rebound relationship isn't it?

I have been trying to remember this term all day, 'transitional man' ... perhaps John was Josie's transitional man!

I think some posted these kinds of thought allready back then, but we didn't want to hear it as it would have meant that Josie wasn't that serious about him :D

In any case, I do think that Josie cared and loved John for real. But I do think that despite her "you're a bit handsome" comment John wasn't Josie's "type" and Josie wasn't John's "type". And now I don't mean her weight at all..

I think initially John fancied or was attracted to or however way you wanna put it, Corin. Corin represented his type. But he also thought that Josie was beautiful. This was clear by few of the marks John said to Josie in the first weeks. He did think of Josie as beautiful and felt comfortable in flirting with her, which was also obvious in the first weeks. John never flirted with anyone else except Josie. But inspite of that it was obvious that he thought of Corin as an attrictive woman and I did see him giving Corin the look few times.

The same for Josie, I do think that Josie did fancy or was attracted to Nathan, cause Nathan did represent her type. And Josie did flirt with Nathan as well in the early day, especially after Rachael left.

I think Josie always did like Nathan as a friend, whereas John after few weeks realised that Corin was not his cup of tee in personalitywise.

I think to Josie, John represented the kind of guy that she thought she never had a chance with. She said it so many times in the house that there is no way he could be interested in someone like her. So I think Josie had a very strong stereotype in her head about guys like John. As in they only go for the glamourmodels.....

Maybe they both eventually were drawn to eachohter because of neither represented to the other the kind of person they both thought they should be with. And as for Josie as she had had really bad experience of the "her type" kind of guys, she was attracted to John cause he represented something new. And the same went for John. Josie represented something different to her.

I do believe that Josie cared and loved John for real, as I said already so whether John was a rebound to Josie, I'm not so sure.......

But there deffo seemed to be the kind of "opposites attract" going on for both.... :p

And with Luke now, she clearly has seemed to go back to "her type". Same with John, if he truly is with Sherrie. So maybe they were a nice change to each other, and they thought it would bring something different......

But then again, maybe all that is just a load of BS and in the end we just can't help but to fall for PEOPLE, not TYPES :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's that to ... as they say around here :D

The soup sounds delish ... you could Fedex me some :D

That's to ........ Cardiff, my luvverrrrr!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    breathes out......... Sometimes when we talk it's like banging a head onto a brick wall. :D

Oh Kay, if I'd want to have a go at YOU per se, I would "make fun" about you and take dighs.... which I'm not

You made a post, in which you generalized all muckers to be people who had a go at Sherrie for her work. I nearly pointed out that that is not true, not all of them did and pointed out the obvious irony when you and others had just been on Josie's case about her generalizing the whole JJJAT :rolleyes:

You responded by telling me what burlesque dancing is and reminded me how people made digs towards Sherrie. Yes, I know that and I also know that burlesque dancing is not the same as being a prostitute.....

So, sorry if I didn't understand the need of that when all I did was point out that I didn't think it was fair of you to generalize all muckers of that :cool:

Oh lordy lordy lord..... It was only about the generalizing, not about muckers, josie, sherrie or burlesque or not about a different view. You either generalized or you didn't. I think you did, if you want to see it like you didn't then okey :p

Josie, Sherrie, burlesque had nothing to do with that. They were other things all together. :cool:

What was my first sentence in my response to your accusations of generalising? Guilty as charged. What did I say after that? That some of the people who are now muckers and were in the JJJAT did say horrible things about Sherrie. What did I say originally about Josie's dissing of DS? That Josie should have chosen her words more carefully and that I could understand why the JJJATers might be upset about it.

And to go off at another tangent: LOL - they're not upset - they've accepted Josie's definition of them as weirdos with good grace. After all, as Em pointed out in QAT, Josie defined John as a weirdo at the point when he'd just declared his love for her. So they're in good company.:p:D
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member

Didn't like any dress lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Didn't like any dress lol:D

Now, fess up, you.
    ARE YOU ON TWITTER OR NOT? EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now, fess up, you.
    ARE YOU ON TWITTER OR NOT? EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

:p:p

Oh really?.....Are you on it,Kay?:D

I have a very simple name,and i'm actually enjoying it.....Twitter that is:D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh really?.....Are you on it,Kay?:D

I have a very simple name,and i'm actually enjoying it.....Twitter that is:D:o

You know I'm not :p
    I tried it for 2 weeks and hated it. Just not my bag.
    But I can see it would suit your style. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know I'm not :p
    I tried it for 2 weeks and hated it. Just not my bag.
    But I can see it would suit your style. ;)

Yup,short and sweet.:p

It's pissing down right now....grrr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup,short and sweet.:p

It's pissing down right now....grrr.

Yeah, keeps doing that here too. Supposed to be a better day tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, keeps doing that here too. Supposed to be a better day tomorrow. :)

Don't trust the weatherman/women.

Watching World War II:The Apocalypse.I can't imagine what would've happened if Hitler won in the end!Scary,and i would love to know what was in his head,and why do the things he did?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What was my first sentence in my response to your accusations of generalising? Guilty as charged. What did I say after that? That some of the people who are now muckers and were in the JJJAT did say horrible things about Sherrie. What did I say originally about Josie's dissing of DS? That Josie should have chosen her words more carefully and that I could understand why the JJJATers might be upset about it.

I was talking about your first post....... and explaining how I saw it. And apparently you then agreed that you had generalised, cause your first sentence in your response to my response was that. I never denied you admitting that.....

I only went on to explain that when I responded to you I wasn't talking about Josie, Sherrie or burlesquedancing.

I was only trying to have a discussion, but if you feel that everytime when I disagree with your posts I'm having a go at you, then maybe I shouldn't try to have a discussion with you about anything that has the name Josie on it, in any context, ever again. If, as you put it "bloody feels like I'm having a go at you a lot of the time"

I'm not, but if that's what you feel then I'll stop having discussions with you about anything that has even remotely to do with Josie, her muckers or JJJAT. Maybe thats the best then. You vent it out about them and only have "agree with you 100%" responses to go along with it and all will be good.

When I try to discuss, debate or whatever I never go out and try to have a go at anyone. Now I don't know if I should apologise to you or just feel offended that you could think that.

Sometimes it just feels like, even in here, that the only thing I write that can get a response IS something that has to do with Josie, John, JJJ, JJJAT, muckers or loys.

I tried to ask what you are all doing this fine Saturday?
    Did I get one single response? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But you all have at least a Good Night then :sleep:
    I'll be back when I feel like it
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Goodnight everyone :yawn:

Sleep well :sleep: :sleep:

Lindy x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    edit: don't know if you read much but here and on the JJAT they is a lot of talk about books, and the JJAT is doing a monthly book club - you don't have to mention John at all lol, just read the book they have chosen and talk about it when done :)[/QUOTE]

I'll have a look, although I hardly get time to read the books for the bookclub I belong to let alone another one.

Good morning all, hope you have a relaxed Sunday. The sun is shining here today. :)
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charleenlb wrote: »
    edit: don't know if you read much but here and on the JJAT they is a lot of talk about books, and the JJAT is doing a monthly book club - you don't have to mention John at all lol, just read the book they have chosen and talk about it when done :)

I'll have a look, although I hardly get time to read the books for the bookclub I belong to let alone another one.

Good morning all, hope you have a relaxed Sunday. The sun is shining here today. :)[/QUOTE]

the sun is shining here to it will be a lovely Sunday!
    I spend my time mostly on www so did not read a book in years:eek:
This discussion has been closed.