Anybody Else Bored Of James Arthur Impossible Yet?

Comments

• unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I didn't like it in the first place, no one and i mean NO ONE can outdo the original. James Arthur is trash. Shontelle's version is full of emotion, which is why I like it.

And James' version isn't?!?! Are you kidding me? I nearly started to cry the first time I heard it.

Ugh.. this is useless. The James hate on this forum is too much. It's not worth it. You guys will hate James no matter what I say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unicorns wrote: »
    And James' version isn't?!?! Are you kidding me? I nearly started to cry the first time I heard it.

Ugh.. this is useless. The James hate on this forum is too much. It's not worth it. You guys will hate James no matter what I say.

I think you have to accept that other people dont like him. I dont think it comes down to 'hating' him. For my own view, I am not particularly keen on the song anyway, and I feel that the way James sings it makes the song drag even more. It actually makes me feel depressed.
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I think you have to accept that other people dont like him. I dont think it comes down to 'hating' him. For my own view, I am not particularly keen on the song anyway, and I feel that the way James sings it makes the song drag even more. It actually makes me feel depressed.

I know. That's what I said. I have to accept that people just don't like him here. I actually like the way he sings the song though, it's so raw with so much emotion. I like it a lot and I love James. He was my favorite sine day one and I was thrilled when he won :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    The way he sings makes me really uncomfortable, so I wasn't, am not and will never be a fan of his music if he keeps on singing like everyone on this planet has assaulted him.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unicorns wrote: »
    I know. That's what I said. I have to accept that people just don't like him here. I actually like the way he sings the song though, it's so raw with so much emotion. I like it a lot and I love James. He was my favorite sine day one and I was thrilled when he won :D

Some people do like him here though. Over 1 million.:D
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »

That's true. I am very happy that he managed to crack the one million mark! When I said "here" I meant DS though. Sorry.. I should have been more clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Less the considerable sales due to Charity Sales, of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really?? Even after 5 weeks in the charts?:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Michella would you be so stupid,naive,dumb buy something you didnt like just because it belongs to s charirty?

Me guessing you are think no i wouldnt do something that silly and how dare you think I would.

But yet you are on here acting all above people who have got the album and accusing them of be so stupid,naive,dumb buy something they didnt like just because it belongs to s charirty.

Also what this big hang up you have with being a charity single I mean after all its doing good for people who need it but your posts scream out that you wished is didnt do so well. And dont you think that its very selfish and bitter that you have need for it to do badly over the need of people who it will help.
  • Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very bored with it. Never liked it anyway.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Not heard this "Impossible" song, but they keep playing "Im Possee Bull"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Michella would you be so stupid,naive,dumb buy something you didnt like just because it belongs to s charirty?

Me guessing you are think no i wouldnt do something that silly and how dare you think I would.

But yet you are on here acting all above people who have got the album and accusing them of be so stupid,naive,dumb buy something they didnt like just because it belongs to s charirty.

Also what this big hang up you have with being a charity single I mean after all its doing good for people who need it but your posts scream out that you wished is didnt do so well. And dont you think that its very selfish and bitter that you have need for it to do badly over the need of people who it will help.

Lolz!!!:D
    Forum Member

OMG This comment is just gold! :) Thanks for cheering me up. I think I love you! :D

I totally agree though.. I bought the song first and foremost because I liked it, the fact that it was for charity was just an added bonus. I never would have bought it if I didn't like it though.

Oh, and btw.. the song has actually done pretty well in charts all over Europe, even Australia. So it seems like quite a few people like the song despite the negativity on here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amazing how you can deduce this from one comment!!!!

You know, I bought an Xmas Tree this year from a certain supplier as the proceeds (profit) went to an animal charity. This is the ONLY point I was making - not to get too carried away with the success as some (and maybe many of) the sales were going to charity and it may not translate into sales when he releases his proper material.

Instead you have read something into my comment that wasnt even there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know, I bought an Xmas Tree this year from a certain supplier as the proceeds (profit) went to an animal charity. This is the ONLY point I was making - not to get too carried away with the success as some (and maybe many of) the sales were going to charity and it may not translate into sales when he releases his proper material.

Looks like HitnMix got you pretty bad Michelle.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like HitnMix got you pretty bad Michelle.:D

Hitnmix has his own opinion, so do I. Just imagine if we all had the same opinion - wouldnt it be a boring world. Plus there would be no need for forums like this for people to express different opinions because there wouldnt be any.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitnmix has his own opinion, so do I. Just imagine if we all had the same opinion - wouldnt it be a boring world. Plus there would be no need for forums like this for people to express different opinions because there wouldnt be any.

But the point is, every single comment from you seems to be negative. I don't mind constructive criticisms, but I think most people on here find it hard to understand why you post on the X factor forum if you detest the show and all the acts so much.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the point is, every single comment from you seems to be negative. I don't mind constructive criticisms, but I think most people on here find it hard to understand why you post on the X factor forum if you detest the show and all the acts so much.

lolz!! can't agree more.;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Sorry I don't think this argument makes any sense. You're talking about things which are besides the point. HE HAS SOLD OVER 1 MILLION. Basically that means, around 1 million people have bought it. That makes him enough of a winner in my eyes.

Btw, that's the credibility I was talking about (how many did Matt sell again with his winner's single? 200k!). The fact that it's also been released in other countries (Matt's was not) is testament to his credibility.

Also, forget about how much of the sales go to his actual album because THAT'S WHAT THE RECORD DEAL HE WON IS FOR ANYWAY. That profit they gained off the single is pure profit for Simon. He has even more incentive to keep him, regardless of whether it was a charity single or not.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ comparing james to matt so i guess that gives me the right to compare one direction to futherproof? only diffrence is futherproof where better singers... you cant compare sucess like that
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Sorry I don't think this argument makes any sense. You're talking about things which are besides the point. HE HAS SOLD OVER 1 MILLION. Basically that means, around 1 million people have bought it. That makes him enough of a winner in my eyes.

Btw, that's the credibility I was talking about (how many did Matt sell again with his winner's single? 200k!). The fact that it's also been released in other countries (Matt's was not) is testament to his credibility.

Also, forget about how much of the sales go to his actual album because THAT'S WHAT THE RECORD DEAL HE WON IS FOR ANYWAY. That profit they gained off the single is pure profit for Simon. He has even more incentive to keep him, regardless of whether it was a charity single or not.
    Matt has sold 1 million of his winners single .his winners single was never released in other countries so there is no comparision there ..I hope JA does well and all the indications are that he will ..credibility is hard to come by for any x factor act even the most sucessfull
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Other singles that have sold over a million:

Robson and Jerome - I Believe / Up On The Roof
    Teletubbies - Teletubbies Say "Eh-Oh"
    Bob The Builder - Can We Fix It?

Other XF winners who have sold over a million with their winner's single:

Shayne Ward
    Alexandra Burke (in a very similar amount of time to James)
    Leona Lewis
    Matt Cardle

So, again, I'll ask you: what makes James Arthur more of a credible artist than other XF winners? Because it sure as hell isn't selling a million on a song he didn't write and presumably had no input into the production of it.

The fact that he's released it in other countries? Good for him (or rather, good for his label), but not a sign of credibility, just sound business sense. He has a product the record label needs to sell, it's cheap and easy nowadays to get stuff onto iTunes to do so, so why wouldn't they? The only surprise is they've never done it before with the other winners, but maybe they've changed their approach this year because they're quickly learning that they need to rinse as much as possible from the early singles as pretty much all the previous XF winners have underperformed as time has gone on.

Make no mistake, his record label will try every trick in the book to make him come across as a credible artist in the upcoming year, but credibility is something you earn over time, not something awarded to the first moody guy to win the show. And isn't it funny how female artists are never described as credible in the UK? Wonder why that might be? :rolleyes:
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Other singles that have sold over a million:

Robson and Jerome - I Believe / Up On The Roof
    Teletubbies - Teletubbies Say "Eh-Oh"
    Bob The Builder - Can We Fix It?

Other XF winners who have sold over a million with their winner's single:

Alexandra Burke (in a very similar amount of time to James)
    Leona Lewis
    Matt Cardle

So, again, I'll ask you: what makes James Arthur more of a credible artist than other XF winners? Because it sure as hell isn't selling a million on a song he didn't write and presumably had no input into the production of it.

The fact that he's released it in other countries? Good for him (or rather, good for his label), but not a sign of credibility, just sound business sense. He has a product the record label needs to sell, it's cheap and easy nowadays to get stuff onto iTunes to do so, so why wouldn't they? The only surprise is they've never done it before with the other winners, but maybe they've changed their approach this year because they're quickly learning that they need to rinse as much as possible from the early singles as pretty much all the previous XF winners have underperformed as time has gone on.

Make no mistake, his record label will try every trick in the book to make him come across as a credible artist in the upcoming year, but credibility is something you earn over time, not something awarded to the first moody guy to win the show. And isn't it funny how female artists are never described as credible in the UK? Wonder why that might be? :rolleyes:

You're grasping at straws. This is a completely invalid comparison to make because Bob the Builder and Tellytuby songs are obviously aimed at the toddler market! James Arthur's single is NOT. Completely different people are buying each song, this is incredibly silly thing to say elly sorry but it is. You saying this has not done anything to my argument.

As for the rest, check out the other James Arthur Impossible thread I've put my argument forward to michelle in a paragraph, and also explained my meaning of credible (no it's not just a run away tactic). I'm frankly quite tired of repeating myself (I've said all this quite a few times) seeing as you James dislikers are the most obstinate people and for some reason cannot stand reasoning or logic.

Alex and Leona especially did not write most of their songs. Matt did write his stuff but he was not known for his song-writing but rather his unique voice and vocal and his ability to get the granny vote. James IS KNOWN for his songwriting and has a lot of people who want to collab with him (way more than Matt before you say anything).
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're grasping at straws. This is a completely invalid comparison to make because Bob the Builder and Tellytuby songs are obviously aimed at the toddler market! James Arthur's single is NOT. Completely different people are buying each song, this is incredibly silly thing to say elly sorry but it is. You saying this has not done anything to my argument.

As for the rest, check out the other James Arthur Impossible thread I've put my argument forward to michelle in a paragraph, and also explained my meaning of credible (no it's not just a run away tactic). I'm frankly quite tired of repeating myself (I've said all this quite a few times) seeing as you James haters are the most obstinate people and for some reason cannot stand reasoning or logic.

Alex and Leona especially did not write most of their songs. Matt did write his stuff but he was not known for his song-writing but rather his unique voice and vocal and his ability to get the granny vote. James IS KNOWN for his songwriting and has a lot of people who want to collab with him (way more than Matt before you say anything).

You are missing my point. I'm not comparing James to any other artist that has sold a million. I am stating that by selling a million records, you are not suddenly a credible artist, which is what you explicitly stated in your argument that I was responding to. So how about you try not to insult me by telling me I'm saying silly things, and stick to discussing James, okay?

The fact is: you like James and feel he's already proved his credibility. I'm saying that he needs to actually release a damn good album that is well received critically before he earns that title. I wouldn't say my argument is lacking in logic. I think that's just something you're trying to project onto me in order to feel better about yourself. But there's a reason why the word 'hater' is against the T&C's on here (just to remind you, as I've seen you use it a couple of times) - it's patronising and used to shut down any discussion that offers a critical viewpoint. The last thing I am is a hater. I'm just someone who is perplexed at the fervent worship on here of a guy that hasn't released any original music yet. Maybe I'm just old-school in my belief that credibility isn't an 'image', or something that's talked up by other celebrities, it's something that you prove by actually making decent music.

I'm not saying James will never be credible. I'm saying I don't think he's done enough to be called credible at the moment.
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member

As for the rest, check out the other James Arthur Impossible thread I've put my argument forward to michelle in a paragraph, and also explained my meaning of credible (no it's not just a run away tactic). I'm frankly quite tired of repeating myself (I've said all this quite a few times) seeing as you James haters are the most obstinate people and for some reason cannot stand reasoning or logic.

I personally think this is a senseless arguement ..but i find it really disagreable that you put artists in pockets
    Why is james known for his songwriting? Nothing he produced before the X factor has had an impact on the charts
    Alex and leona have had massive success dont knock it
    As far as i can see the most successful singer/songwriter to come from the x factor has been rebecca ..was her song writing ability known before?
    We can always talk about 1d if you want:p