OMG and WOW - Look what I found

Comments

• nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being at butlins during bb11 and my hubby brought live feed on internet for me and taking my laptop into the shows because I didn't want to miss it would never do that now those were the days .
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Loved it. Bit mean on BB4, though (there WERE good bits).

I loved BB4 - it was like a comfy pair of slippers, a cup of tea and a nice bit of cake.

I don't see why they should all be the same. Each BB has it's own character.
  • StrangeStrange Posts: 14,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved BB4 - it was like a comfy pair of slippers, a cup of tea and a nice bit of cake.

I don't see why they should all be the same. Each BB has it's own character.
    BB4 is probably judged upon more because its in between the two biggest series..
    BB3 & BB5...
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great memories! The show may continue today but it'll never be the same:(

This. End of.

When CBB started this year I didn't even bother watching the first episode. That was the first I'd not even switched on, before I'd just stopped watching thinking they might win me back. C5 won't, sorry. :(
  • linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwwww, just awww!

I miss those days :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good old days, when BB was really BB, it's crap now.
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Good old days, when BB was really BB, it's crap now.

It is really isn't it? What is it that keeps us coming back?

For me personally I think a. I enjoy the forum and b. I love a good moan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is really isn't it? What is it that keeps us coming back?

For me personally I think a. I enjoy the forum and b. I love a good moan.

I think it's the hope against hope that it will improve, decent tasks, good housemates, rules kept and things that were sacrosanct kept that way, no giving away what happens in the Diary Room, noms kept to the DR too, rules adhered to. It's not gonna happen though all the time the producers take the lazy way out, or while they chose such awful HM's most of the time.
  • cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all BB fans (especially the oldies) click on this.

I absolutely promose you'll not be disappointed. It has EVERYTHING including my favourite line 'I refuse to diminish my character Big Brother'.

It really is a MUST see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ct8qENC-0A

That included my bb moment of All time: kinga bottle garden
    And at 6 mins 22 my old boxing trainer, angel.

Great memories of early bbs

You know out of curiosity so I could perhaps understand why scotty won I watched Geordie shore... Charlotte is the most foul mouthed girl ive ever seen and Scott just makes sex comments throughout. Both cbb winners. What a joke.
    Forum Member
    catt wrote: »
    That included my bb moment of All time: kinga bottle garden
    And at 6 mins 22 my old boxing trainer, angel.

Great memories of early bbs

You know out of curiosity so I could perhaps understand why scotty won I watched Geordie shore... Charlotte is the most foul mouthed girl ive ever seen and Scott just makes sex comments throughout. Both cbb winners. What a joke.

So do you know the McKenzies? What did you make of Winson?
  • cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do you know the McKenzies? What did you make of Winson?

I only knew Clinton and he was sound. A real professional. A decent guy. Angel was his protégée and she used to do some of my training with me. My abs in particular!!!
    I only knew winston existed when he walked into cbb and you can imagine my views on him.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant video, so many great memories.

Sad to watch knowing what the show now is. :( All I feel is relief when each series comes to an end now, having put myself through it out of misplaced loyalty/vain hope that we can get back to something resembling those C4 days.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »
    Hearing Marcus talk in BB1 reminded me what he was like before he became a twonk.
    I've just posted in another thread he's become a parody of himself nowadays. :(

Excellent video, only thing spoiling it was the music drowning out what the HM's were saying.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry::( I'm a mess. I remember ever single bit of every one of those moments (and I'm finding it hard to remember where I was yesterday). From the BB1 hms walking in with their suitcases in hand onwards. Brilliant, brilliant memories. I was pregnant with my first child, who is 14 now, when the show started.

It struck me that 1 & 2 (and 4 again) were the ones that really felt like a social experiment. The high octane drama was hinted at in 3 and took off skywards in 5. I actually loved 1, 2 and 4. :blush: Pity we can't have the odd low-key series every now and again.
  • Drew_HatchDrew_Hatch Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    The stay in the box task was brilliant.
  • la_bambila_bambi Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!! This was THE Big Brother that everyone loved and millions would watch. It does fill you up with nostalgia. Those were the days for Big Brother. Sadly things change and they keep changing to not go back. I sure enjoyed it while it lasted!! :) thank you for sharing that video ;-)
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are well overdue a return to those days, i think Channel 5 have made that impossible now.
  • elliejayeelliejaye Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Amazing how many people i forgot were in each series.. I have watched since Day 1, and you kind of only remember the main people, winners, or the ones that get churned out to be on panels these days.
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this link over the weekend and have watched it at least 20 times now, such memories, such great HM's. I can't believe how many fit women have walked through those doors!!!!. I spent all day Saturday on You Tube watching loads of old clips, it was amazing. I am not ashamed to say I am a fan of BB, even though I get loads of stick off my mates for being a fan.
  • jack_blairjack_blair Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourite duos from past series was Victor and the Welsh HM ? who used to have late night chats in the garden every night, they were compulsive viewing and made me laugh out loud !

Great clips of past BBs ! Some of those HMs made me switch off though, Shabby was one,.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jack_blair wrote: »
    One of my favourite duos from past series was Victor and the Welsh HM ? who used to have late night chats in the garden every night, they were compulsive viewing and made me laugh out loud !

There was Jason, who is Scottish, who was Victor's usual late night chatting partner.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was great although not enough Rex!

Loved the way they (barely) depicted BB4.

No naked jacuzziness and I like blinking I do are two of my fav lines.

So it distorts BB's history, and that's supposed to be good?

A proper celebration of the C4 years shouldn't treat bb4 as something best forgotten, imo, especially since it had far more viewers than any recent series.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB4 is probably judged upon more because its in between the two biggest series..
    BB3 & BB5...

BB4 was attacked pretty much from the start, because it wasn't doing better than bb3. At the time, that may have looked like a serious failure. And when bb5 did better than 4 (though not as well as 3), it even looked like BB had found the answer to what had gone 'wrong' with bb4. (Hence the extreme HMs, manipulation and drama-pushing ever since.)

But seen from a greater distance, it's not at all clear that bb4 was such a failure in the ratings, because bb4 had essentially the same number of viewers as BBs 1, 2, 6 and 7 -- and more than any series after that.

Pretty much everything that people think is wrong with BB now, on C4, goes back to the over-reaction against bb4.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful memories.

My kids were just toddlers during the early days of Big Brother. Now they're taller than me. :o

Where have all the years gone?

Thank you for posting the link Penny. :)
  • jack_blairjack_blair Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    There was Jason, who is Scottish, who was Victor's usual late night chatting partner.

oh yes , thank you
    the blonde guy who used to do weights in the garden all the time and when he lifted anything up (often chairs) he'd open his mouth so wide I thought he'd swallow the house ! :D:D

Their chats were hilarious , kept me amused ! that's when they had LIVE FEED 24/7 i think and i'd tune in to watch them sleeping and wonder wtf I was doing ! :D