Worst ever single of all time

14567810»

Comments

• ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. My album 'Now Thats What I Call Shite' would be enough of a soundtrack to drive round across Europe and back several times over.
    Mine would contain just about every record released since about 1996, certainly every record from 2000 onwards.
  • Tiger RagTiger Rag Posts: 6,559
    Forum Member
    The smurfs song
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shot the sheriff.

I don't like that one either:( Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield is another pet hate.

My current dislike is Let's Get it on Like Marvin Gaye - really irritates the hell out of me.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    "Save Your Love" by Renée and Renato. >:(

Generations unborn will curse this audio atrocity, with a hatred that will terrify
    observers. :D
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Same Jeans" - can't remember which shit band it was by. Shit indie from 2006.

Pixie Lott - "All about tonight" - crappy comeback single with struggle vocals. That and the third single, Kiss The Stars, might have killed her career.

Cheryl Cole - "Three Words" tuneless mess

Cheryl Cole - "I Don't Care". neither do we, love.

Beyoncé - "Diva" - worst chorus ever.

Rihanna - "Rockstar 101" - shitty lyrics, and one of the worst songs on her best album, Rated R. There were so many better choices for singles on that album. Eg Cold Case Love, Photographs.

Rihanna - "Hate That I Love you" - groaning bleating ear-grating mess from her third album. The singles after Umbrella should have gone 2) Don't Stop The Music, 3) Breaking Dishes, and 4) Hating On This Club, which was stupidly never included in the album

Rihanna - Cheers. Tuneless dirge from Loud, with an irritating sample from Avril Lavigne. Fading, Man Down and Raining Men should have been the 4th 5th and 6th singles, instead of California King Bed and Cheers

Rihanna - "4 5 Seconds" and "Work" - proof that she's totally out of touch, and thinks she can sell any old shit with her name alone.

Lily Allen - "The Fear" - would never have even charted if it wasn't for her fame.

Adele - whatever the second single is after Hello. Boring.

Alicia Keys - "That girl is on "FIYYAAAH!"

Spice Girls - "Holler". Does anyone even remember this? It was far too trendy at the time (and therefore dated quickly) and a complete departure from their previous sound

Maroon 5 - "Moves Like Jagger" - most irritating song of all time. I have to turn it over when it comes on.
  • TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Nash - Foundations.

I literally couldn't listen to more than 20 seconds of it every time it came on the radio back in 2007. Awful awful awful song.

Other honorable mentions -

Paul Johnson - Down
    Flo Rida - Whistle
    Stardust - Music sounds better with you
    Anything by Daft Punk
    Anything by Mark Ronson (especially Mo Town Funk)

The likes of Witch Doctor, Barbie Girl and Agadoo don't bother me that much, probably because everyone else hates them as well and the radio stations never play them.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    I'm going to go for not just one song, but an artist from my youth.

Pat Boone. If I had to pick one specific one, probably Tutti Frutti, but ain't that a shame ran it close.

He made a living out of taking great songs sung by black artists that many people still would not buy because of that, and turned them into dire middle of the road garbage that people did buy.

Absolutely atrocious covers, made so much worse due to just how great the original versions were in most cases.

Loved the story that he told his record company he wouldn't release Ain't That A Shame' unless he could change the lyrics to 'Isn't That A Shame.' It's stuff like this why I suggest he was so despised. Well, that and he was absolutely crap.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I hate to admit to having a copy of this somewhere in my house - truly awful :(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxV5rYiTntU
    Hughie Green & Monica Rose "Clap Your Hands"

But no worse than present day X-Factor dross.......
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scissor Sisters - I don't feel like dancing. Most Scissor Sisters songs are irritating but this one is a particularly awful yet catchy song