Options

The Official Villa supporters thread

Comments

• Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Doesn't sound too good but we seem to have a lot of players constantly injured all season so I'm sure we will cope somehow!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Motthus;77661585.........................................

We just need Arsenal and Chelsea wins now for it to be a perfect weekend for Villa![/QUOTE]

Well Arsenal won, Chelsea hopefully will win, but Leicester managed the win so not a complete perfect W/E

Next W/E is the FA cup SF hopefully we can get some of the guys back

Alan Hutton Ankle/Foot Injury Ankle Injury 19/04/2015
    Ashley Westwood Thigh Injury Hamstring Strain 19/04/2015
    Scott Sinclair Thigh Injury Hamstring Strain 19/04/2015
    Carles Gil Thigh Injury Dead Leg 19/04/2015
    Philippe Senderos Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Calf Strain 19/04/2015

and maybe some more http://www.premierinjuries.com/
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done guys. Fully deserved semi-final win.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool fan here, congratulations on your win, you were the better team.

Best of luck in the final, I'll be cheering you on :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Well done you lot. The media will absolutely hate this result, all hoping to see Gerrard at Wembley ( only the media have this love affair with Gerrard , the rest of us don't)
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys!:)

I'm dazed right now, I really can't believe it!:D:D:D
  • Options
    Michael_VaughanMichael_Vaughan Posts: 12,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great congratulations from this dissappointed Liverpool fan.Out thought, out muscled and deservedly out scored us today ( although I think Balotelli was onside:cry:) )

Best of luck and have a great day in the final:)
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well played you were so much the better side, never had a bad word to say about Villa just go and beat them Gunners.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Liverpool fan here, congratulations on your win, you were the better team.

Best of luck in the final, I'll be cheering you on :)

My sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on reaching the final, do it for Kozak I say, give him a happy birthday!
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal fan here. Congratulations Villa so pleased you won. The BBC love in for Liverpool would have unbearable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone :)

I think thats the best we've played this season, slight panic at the back when Baker went off, but other than that we looked good going forward, Delph, Grealish and Benteke were excellent today
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FA Cup final and a place in Europe a good day to be a Villa fan.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sentiments exactly.

Same here - another couple of fingers up to the petty anti Sherwood brigade too. Villa deserved it today and I hope you turn Arsenal over in the final as their luck deserves to run out in this competition and your lot need a trophy more than they do.
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »
    The FA Cup final and a place in Europe a good day to be a Villa fan.

You need to win it this season to get into Europe I do believe. I think UEFA have stamped down on the runners up qualifying if the winners have already qualified.

Still, Arsenal have been a bit shakey at Wembley finals in recent seasons.
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Just crawled in through the front door, knackered but very happy! Excellent performance from everyone with special praise for Delph, Grealish and Benteke, and great atmosphere created by the fans. Same again on May 30th and you never know what might happen.

As said above, new rules for this season mean we have to win to get a Europa League spot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    Well done you lot. The media will absolutely hate this result, all hoping to see Gerrard at Wembley ( only the media have this love affair with Gerrard , the rest of us don't)

A classic example. The Times headline today " Liverpool cup fairytale left in ruins by Villa" What fairytale? The fact that Gerrard's birthday is on the same day as the cup final . So what . If anything it is a Villa fairytale after their wretched first half of the season . For Villa to reach the cup final is a truly remarkable achievement .
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    You need to win it this season to get into Europe I do believe. I think UEFA have stamped down on the runners up qualifying if the winners have already qualified.

Still, Arsenal have been a bit shakey at Wembley finals in recent seasons.

Bugger although as you say Villa have a good chance.

I think the winners of the FA Cup should be given a Champions League spot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Absolutely gutted about that result, we were better than City for 65 minutes of that game, a sloppy mistake from Guzan and some atrocious cowardly behaviour in the wall from Richardson, we could have won that, unfortunately playing better but getting nothing doesnt help us at all with the other results not going our way.

Richardson should be sacked for flinching away from the ball in the Wall >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gutting that such a good general performance was ruined by Guzan's stupidity, Bacuna turning his back like a coward and Sanchez totally switching off. Hopefully it won't cost us but the pressure will be on for next week. It looks like QPR and Burnley will be relegated but I think we will need another 5 or 6 points.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,036
    Forum Member
    City fan here
    Villa should have won the game . played better all but for first few minutes
    |Good manager. Wish we had him
    Villa far too good to go down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So much better going forward and playing attractive, passing football too. Obviously Benteke gets a lot of the plaudits but I especially like the way Delph, Cleverley and Grealish are linking up. The defence is often still all over the place and needs sorting in the summer.

My initial thoughts (I am willing to be proven wrong after MOTD) were a pretty soft penalty and although for their second Given should have just tipped it over the bar to be safe I bet if that had been De Gea at Old Trafford or Courtois at Stamford Bridge then Clattenberg would have given a foul on the keeper. I used to think Clattenberg was the least bad ref but he had a shocker today and you certainly could not accuse him of being a "homer",
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    A win tommorow and that should see us safe. I can't see us doing down on 38 points. I'm really pleased with Sherwood's time here.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Tim Sherwood deserves manager of the season for getting us out of this mess.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 points clear, 6 to play for...we're all but over the line now.:D