Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouter wrote: »
    I'd like to see either or both ASAP. No sense in delaying transfers if you have the need and money. Both will definitely add something.
    Thing is, Martinez is cup tied in the Champions League and Remy isn't, so I'd save spending the money on Martinez until we can use him in all competitions, Remy should do as cover for Giroud in less important Premier League games and FA Cup matches.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Good point. No point splurging silly money now on someone cuptied for CL.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Good point. No point splurging silly money now on someone cuptied for CL.

Imho it will be silly waiting. We need two or more quality forward options and with the WC this year, you're looking at ridiculous fees in the summer anyway. Getnthem in now, plenty of games to play.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Don't think we'll get either, nor Morata. Nor Griezmann. €15m for the latter is not going to do it.
    I'm not sure why Wenger doesn't rate Podolski - he's damned him with faint praise again and said he's not fit enough. Doesn't seem to have confidence in one of our few goalscorers, yet won't buy anyone??
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports in Spain say a deal was agreed to send Morata loan to Arsenal from Madrid - but Ancelotti stepped in and cancelled it at the last minute.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Terrible terrible refereeing decision in the Newcastle v Man City game. Brown envelopes anyone. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might as well give City the title now and stop wasting our time. Effiing hell!!!!
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely shocking decision- probably the worst of the season.
    And that's saying something.

City are tough enough to beat without them getting decisions like that- everybody else might as well give up.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the worst thing about that decision is that I get the distinct impression he really wanted to disallow it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones has the haunted look of someone who knows he'll be reffing in Scunthorpe next week.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking decision- probably the worst of the season.
    And that's saying something.

City are tough enough to beat without them getting decisions like that- everybody else might as well give up.
    Awful refereeing display; even the linesman thought it was a legitimate goal. I won't begrudge them; how many times have United benefited like that in title-winning seasons?

It's a toss up between them and Chelsea for the league. The media think there'll be a three way fight for the title, yet as ever only two teams look capable of lasting the distance.

The only excitment Sky will have is the four way fight for the fourth-placed trophy -- how exciting!
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Awful refereeing display; even the linesman thought it was a legitimate goal. I won't begrudge them; how many times have United benefited like that in title-winning seasons?

It's a toss up between them and Chelsea for the league. The media think there'll be a three way fight for the title, yet as ever only two teams look capable of lasting the distance.

The only excitment Sky will have is the four way fight for the fourth-placed trophy -- how exciting!

Agree. If we don't win it, I'd prefer City to do so than Chelsea. I just can't see us having the necessary depth of squad and goals. Obviously hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how the richest team gets ridiculous decisions go their way week in week out. I wonder why that is?

No activity on the transfer front yet, no doubt it'll all be done at 5 to midnight on deadline day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    It's funny how the richest team gets ridiculous decisions go their way week in week out. I wonder why that is?

No activity on the transfer front yet, no doubt it'll all be done at 5 to midnight on deadline day.

For everyone too by the look of it.

Not just us who haven't brought anyone in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    For everyone too by the look of it.

Not just us who haven't brought anyone in.

Most other teams have more than one fit striker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm very unsure if we'll do anything at all as Giroud & Poldi are both fit and Bendtner is 3 weeks away. I honestly believe Gnabry/Ox will replace Theo and that will be that. I just don't see the likes of Atletico/Porto taking 30 million from us to give us their best players, of course this should've been addressed in the summer but hey ho. We could of course play French-African striker from ligue 2 bingo, I'm sure there's plenty queuing up to join the arsenal gravy train.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My point is there has been very little transfer activity all round. It makes no difference which team is short of what.

Man United are woefully lacking in midfield yet have signed nobody. Chelsea also need a striker and have signed nobody. Man City don't need anyone but always sign someone regardless of that fact. Even they haven't signed anyone.

The same can be said right across Europe.

I think the last few days will be frantic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, virtually all of the top 7 won this weekend.

Over to us tomorrow then. No pressure.;-)
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    So, virtually all of the top 7 won this weekend.

Over to us tomorrow then. No pressure.;-)

Break a Leg :D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

C'mon now. You've never had a better chance to win the league. Keep the faith.
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon now. You've never had a better chance to win the league. Keep the faith.

Exactly; it's for us to win it, not others to lose.

We should win our next three games regardless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have held true to the hope that the PL would be between you and us (LFC) this year. We both just have to hope that the 'moneyed, teams trip over each other - and others. :p
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Every stat says we should win tonight. The most glaring is that we've scored 12 goals in our last 6 away games - while they've scored only 3 in the last 6 homes.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Watched the Atleico v Barca match the other night and wasn't overly impressed with Costa. I've watched him a fair few times this season and though he is always determined and works hard, to me he doesn't look any better than Giroud as far as big centre forwards go. Certainly not worth spending £30m+.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Watched the Atleico v Barca match the other night and wasn't overly impressed with Costa. I've watched him a fair few times this season and though he is always determined and works hard, to me he doesn't look any better than Giroud as far as big centre forwards go. Certainly not worth spending £30m+.

I watched the game too and saw pretty much the same as you. People also forget that Costa has never scored more than 9 goals in a season before this one and simply isn't worth the money quoted. Anyway I hope we tear Villa apart tonight and go back to the top.
This discussion has been closed.