Options

Does anyone else get pissed off with the whingers on Facebook?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Every single celebrity announcement is getting comments like 'who?' and 'OMG barrel being scraped now' or 'never heard of them this line up is rubhish'. Admittedly it's only a small minority, but it's the same every single bloody year and it does my head in. I don't know who these people are expecting? Barrack Obama? Judi Dench? Usain Bolt? Prince Harry? Get real ffs!

Just because you've never heard of someone, it doesn't mean tthey are not famous! Strictly have always had BBC news presenters, soap actors and sports stars.

Stop bloody whinging!

Comments

• Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Regularly
  • Options
    Lou_BlackLou_Black Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single celebrity announcement is getting comments like 'who?' and 'OMG barrel being scraped now' or 'never heard of them this line up is rubhish'. Admittedly it's only a small minority, but it's the same every single bloody year and it does my head in. I don't know who these people are expecting? Barrack Obama? Judi Dench? Usain Bolt? Prince Harry? Get real ffs!

Just because you've never heard of someone, it doesn't mean tthey are not famous! Strictly have always had BBC news presenters, soap actors and sports stars.

Stop bloody whinging!

I'm a member of the Facebook group but I never comment. Given some of the strange behaviour demonstrated on online forums I REALLY wouldn't want anyone knowing my real name! But, yes, I totally agree, there are some right grumps on there.
  • Options
    Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou_Black wrote: »
    I'm a member of the Facebook group but I never comment. Given some of the strange behaviour demonstrated on online forums I REALLY wouldn't want anyone knowing my real name! But, yes, I totally agree, there are some right grumps on there.

Hi Lou,

Agree the comments on Facebook are silly glad I am not on the website, loving the announcements though Laura, Louise and Judge Rinder are great announcements.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of online complaints get very repetitive over time and over series. Bluh bluh bluh too many props bluh bluh bluh inappropriate song choices bluh buh bluh bluh theme weeks bluh bluh bluh too many foreign pros bluh bluh bluh bluh too many gay judges bluh bluh bluh bluh give Natalie someone good bluh bluh bluh bluh too many Cliftons bluh bluh bluh bluh (X) always shoves themselves right to the front bluh bluh bluh celebrates too much when they get through bluh bluh bluh bluh. You get used to it. Or don't go to Facebook, as it's inevitably the worst place to read about any tv show outside of Youtube comments.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's one of the reason's I stopped using fb, you still get it a bit on Twitter but nowhere near as bad, my Twitter feed is full of praise for this line up with most saying it look's the best on paper for year's.
  • Options
    Ann_DancerAnn_Dancer Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is right to complain on another forum as noone is around to reply. Complain there and then or avoid.

Anyway, how we view complaints depends on whether we agree or not:

Agree = voicing valid concerns
    Disagree = whinging
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stop bloody whinging!

There are a few who like to moan, they most likely are the " few" left watching X Factor, and trying their very best to talk down the show that beats it.

Every year thry have their moment to moan, then go back again ready fir next year.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann_Dancer wrote: »
    I don't think it is right to complain on another forum as noone is around to reply. Complain there and then or avoid.

Disagree = whinging

I have noticed, " negative " comments in the XF forum get deleted.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    un-liked the facebook page many moons ago

too many whingers!!
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find many threads on here are equally as bad - I just avoid them - am on Fb but don't join groups so don't see comments re any tv shows on my timeline on the whole
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    Lou_Black wrote: »

I'm with you on that. For me, FB is to keep in touch with family and friends and even though I am part of a couple of groups I don't get involved in discussions with strangers. Too many nutters out there, you never who is looking at your profile.
  • Options
    sydrobsydrob Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    A lot of online complaints get very repetitive over time and over series. Bluh bluh bluh too many props bluh bluh bluh inappropriate song choices bluh buh bluh bluh theme weeks bluh bluh bluh too many foreign pros bluh bluh bluh bluh too many gay judges bluh bluh bluh bluh give Natalie someone good bluh bluh bluh bluh too many Cliftons bluh bluh bluh bluh (X) always shoves themselves right to the front bluh bluh bluh celebrates too much when they get through bluh bluh bluh bluh. You get used to it. Or don't go to Facebook, as it's inevitably the worst place to read about any tv show outside of Youtube comments.

To tell the truth that's pretty much what we all moan about on here too :D:o:D
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    I find many threads on here are equally as bad - I just avoid them - am on Fb but don't join groups so don't see comments re any tv shows on my timeline on the whole

Me neither:)
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann_Dancer wrote: »

Disagree = whinging

Well said Ann :)
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly's the only time I actually use FB and yeah it can be excessively negative but I also get vexed by users on there who demand everyone treat it as an Appreciation Thread: "if you don't like x/y/z why do you watch?".
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do....it gets very tiring as year in year out people say the same thing. I do wonder if it is the casual watchers rather than the hardcore fans (like us :p) I know they have joined a group but people that watch it every year should know who to expect.
  • Options
    Lou_BlackLou_Black Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    I'm with you on that. For me, FB is to keep in touch with family and friends and even though I am part of a couple of groups I don't get involved in discussions with strangers. Too many nutters out there, you never who is looking at your profile.

Absolutely!
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Strictly's the only time I actually use FB and yeah it can be excessively negative but I also get vexed by users on there who demand everyone treat it as an Appreciation Thread: "if you don't like x/y/z why do you watch?".

Oh I can't bear that. There is possibly a little bit of the message board monitor in us all but the perpetual telling other people how they should post/what they should post is seriously annoying.