TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

1157158159160161163»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All TNAs sets look like scaffold with banners on them when they do PPVs out side the IZ.
  • ogrynogryn Posts: 3,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I hate the entrances in the UK TV tapings, the way the camera follows behind them as they're coming out. How come they're able to get proper entrance cameras for the bloody Impact Zone but can't for shows on the road?!

I think they do it on purpose to show off the size of the crowd at every opportunity. The crowd going wild or booing their heads off *is* the entrance.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Love Aries and Roode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    If they do that then they're arseholes! They must be still having nightmares from 1996/97 when WCW took them on and nearly had them beat.

They didn't nearly have them beat-WWF were on their back and tapping out but some ridiculous backstage decisions by WCW let them get back on their feet and they never looked back.
    Ive been watching Nitros and PPVs from the Monday Night Wars era and the NWO Anthology on Youtube and the saddest thing (apart from how many of the people appearing on the shows are dead-there was a six man tag match on one I watched the other night and not one of the participants is still with us) is just how many missed chances they had in terms of talent and angles because of the backstage politics and letting "the boys" run the show. Anyone who remembers this era should read "The death of WCW" by Wrestlecraps RD Reynolds. Decisions were made that anyone who'd ever watched a wrestling show wouldn't have made-far less people who'd been in the business for decades.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyboy70 wrote: »
    They didn't nearly have them beat-WWF were on their back and tapping out but some ridiculous backstage decisions by WCW let them get back on their feet and they never looked back.
    Ive been watching Nitros and PPVs from the Monday Night Wars era and the NWO Anthology on Youtube and the saddest thing (apart from how many of the people appearing on the shows are dead-there was a six man tag match on one I watched the other night and not one of the participants is still with us) is just how many missed chances they had in terms of talent and angles because of the backstage politics and letting "the boys" run the show. Anyone who remembers this era should read "The death of WCW" by Wrestlecraps RD Reynolds. Decisions were made that anyone who'd ever watched a wrestling show wouldn't have made-far less people who'd been in the business for decades.

Kevin Nash freely admits in the last WWE NWO documentary that he had a 3 and a half year deal at one point that guaranteed him millions no matter what happened and as a result he didn't care at all what the product was like.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been watching Nitros and PPVs from the Monday Night Wars era and the NWO Anthology on Youtube and the saddest thing (apart from how many of the people appearing on the shows are dead-there was a six man tag match on one I watched the other night and not one of the participants is still with us) is just how many missed chances they had in terms of talent and angles because of the backstage politics and letting "the boys" run the show.

I've been watching the Nitros and ppvs, watched the whole of 1996 and 1997, some of the stuff on the web about WCW is so far off the mark about they're demise but I'll go into that another day.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Kevin Nash freely admits in the last WWE NWO documentary that he had a 3 and a half year deal at one point that guaranteed him millions no matter what happened and as a result he didn't care at all what the product was like.

I wonder what would have happened had he never been made booker alongside Dusty Rhodes. Or at least pushed Steiner, Booker, Raven and the 'vanilla midgets' when the ratings started dropping in Spring '99. I think it was around this time Hogan, Luger, Hall, Hart and Goldberg were either out of action or filming something. Instead Nash relied on worn acts: Savage, Piper, Flair, Sid, Sting, and himself ofcourse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Longball I'd love to hear it as this is something I'm truly fascinated by at the moment, especially as TNA don't seem to have learned any lessons from it.
    JCW the guaranteed contracts were one of the biggest reasons for the fact they started losing money hand over fist. People would drag out injuries or get themselves intentionally suspended and sit at home resting on a bed of money.
    They also used to fly everybody in for TVs from all over the USA and Canada whether they would be on or not which meant 65% of the roster had sat on a plane for nowt, until the wrestlers got wise to it and started getting their mates to sign them in and sit at home getting paid.
    A few people have said that towards the end WCW would have been losing less money by just not having anyone turn up, and just shovelling a few million dollars in used bills into a burning skip at the top of each hour of Nitro and showing that.
    The product was so good, and yet a few rampant egos managed to bring the company to its knees, and once Billionaire Ted wasn't in a position to be their Guardian Angel, there was no option but to pull the plug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Longball I'd love to hear it as this is something I'm truly fascinated by at the moment, especially as TNA don't seem to have learned any lessons from it.
    JCW the guaranteed contracts were one of the biggest reasons for the fact they started losing money hand over fist. People would drag out injuries or get themselves intentionally suspended and sit at home resting on a bed of money.
    They also used to fly everybody in for TVs from all over the USA and Canada whether they would be on or not which meant 65% of the roster had sat on a plane for nowt, until the wrestlers got wise to it and started getting their mates to sign them in and sit at home getting paid.
    A few people have said that towards the end WCW would have been losing less money by just not having anyone turn up, and just shovelling a few million dollars in used bills into a burning skip at the top of each hour of Nitro and showing that.
    The product was so good, and yet a few rampant egos managed to bring the company to its knees, and once Billionaire Ted wasn't in a position to be their Guardian Angel, there was no option but to pull the plug.

I do agree about some of the contracts, they were too large but I read stories about the ending of Starrcade 97 was the beginning of the end or the finger poke of doom, message me if you want my overall opinion on why WWF won, yes WCW made mistakes but WWF wasn't perfect either, some stories on the internet are very anti-WCW imo.
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tna doing 1.15/1.16's, their best for a year.

Can't believe WWE is getting 3 times the viewers TNA is getting, hopefully 2013 will be the year to get close to 1.5's ratings.

Do you have a source for the ratings?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks and this is for the US i'm assuming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    Thanks and this is for the US i'm assuming.

It is, use the BARB website to get U.K ratings.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64236042#post64236042
    This discussion has been closed.