Options

If there was a switch up last season, who would you have wanted be paired together?

JaysMumJaysMum Posts: 16,290
Forum Member
✭✭
It would be for the final 10 celebrities

Carol & Gleb
Jamelia & Kevin
Kellie & Pasha
Helen & Anton
Katie & Giovanni
Anita & Aljaz
Georgia & Tristan

Jeremy & Aliona
Peter & Karen
Jay & Janette

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing them in Strictly Proms - Katie and Alijaz could have been interesting.
  • Options
    Fred.Fred. Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe14 wrote: »
    Carol- Kevin
    Jamelia- Giovanni
    Kellie- Gleb
    Helen- Tristan
    Katie- Aljaz
    Anita- Pasha
    Georgia- Anton :o

Not sure about the men, If it is the top 10 celebs, Jay would get either Karen or Janette, neither of which I would have wanted to happen.

Would have liked to have seen Anita with Kevin - as he could have taught her more of the technical side, and Kellie with Gleb as she liked producing a 'performance'.

Katie did enjoy dancing with Aljaz, but celebrities seem to as he seems to be exceptionally good natured.

Think Karen and Janette especially are both too small for Jay - both lovely people and celebrities like dancing with them, but maybe not quite the choreographers for him. Think it would have to have been Natalie.

Would have liked to see Helen with Tristan.

After saying all that, I really don't like the idea of 'switch-up' - can damage the confidence and co-operation built up over the weeks.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand this switch thing. What happens with the elimated couple - does this mean that the switched couple then have to dance with their new partner for the rest of the series?:confused:
  • Options
    SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Anita & Kevin
    Carol & Anton
    Georgia & Pasha
    Helen & Tristan
    Jamelia & Giovanni
    Jay & Janette
    Jeremy & Aliona
    Katie & Aljaž
    Kellie & Gleb
    Peter & Karen
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    yay for Georgia& Anton& Katie& Aliaz
  • Options
    Sandy_AndrewsSandy_Andrews Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    JaysMum wrote: »

Carol & Gleb
    Jamelia & Kevin
    Kellie & Pasha
    Helen & Anton
    Katie & Giovanni
    Anita & Aljaz
    Georgia & Tristan

Jeremy & Aliona
    Peter & Karen
    Jay & Janette

OK - not easy but fun : and I am cheating by using all the pro dancers !

Jay & Jo Clifton
    (I think she would have added magic to his ballroom)

Peter & Aliona (she would have sorted him out)

Jeremy & Natalie (they would have enjoyed themselves)

... actually I agree with your top seven :

Georgia and Tristan they had quite a nice relationship, you can see them talking and joking in a lot of background shots.
    I am not sure he would have pushed her as far as Gio did but they would have had a great time.

Anita and Aljaz love Anita and think she would have done even better with Aljaz, he would have corrected those feet and given her better choreography.

Katie and Giovanni
    I am not sure if he is tall enough for her and I am also rather concerned that her latin would not have been up to it - but they would have been charming.

Helen and Anton
    I think this pairing would actually have seen Anton into the final three. Their ballroom would have been first class.

Kellie and Pasha they would have got on really well - not sure Pasha would have got her to the finals.

Jamelia and Kevin I do feel Jamelia underachieved - I think Kevin would have got better results.

Carol and Gleb poor Carol, she probably wouldn't have thanked me eventually but she would have had something nice to look at in rehearsals.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand this switch thing. What happens with the elimated couple - does this mean that the switched couple then have to dance with their new partner for the rest of the series?:confused:

When they do it on DWTS no one is eliminated that week and the scores are carried forward to the next week. A couple would be eliminated as usual when they are back with their original partners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Katie and Aljaz
    Helen and Gleb
    Kellie and Giovanni
    Anita and Tristan
    Georgia and Pasha
    Jamelia and Kevin
    Carol and Anton

Jay and Janette
    Peter and Karen
    Jeremy and Aliona
  • Options
    Sandy_AndrewsSandy_Andrews Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    When they do it on DWTS no one is eliminated that week and the scores are carried forward to the next week. A couple would be eliminated as usual when they are back with their original partners.

Oh apologies - I didn't understand this was something on DWTS which I have never watched - I just thought we were switching partners :blush:
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaysMum wrote: »

Carol & Gleb
    Jamelia & Kevin
    Kellie & Pasha
    Helen & Anton
    Katie & Giovanni
    Anita & Aljaz
    Georgia & Tristan

Jeremy & Aliona
    Peter & Karen
    Jay & Janette

Thank goodness they got paired with who they actually did is all I can say. Thank goodness Jay was too tall for Janette and that he didn't get Karen either - not good teachers or choreographers, and Natalie was too old for him. Aliona being a proper ten dancer was the best by a mile and look what happened :)
  • Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness they got paired with who they actually did is all I can say. Thank goodness Jay was too tall for Janette and that he didn't get Karen either - not good teachers or choreographers, and Natalie was too old for him. Aliona being a proper ten dancer was the best by a mile and look what happened :)

I have seen some terrible choreography from ten dancers, so I do not agree with you, besides Strictly is not about ten dancers, it is about getting alone with their celebrities, personalities, etc. The best ballroom dancers are not in this show, they are competing.

One example of horrible choreography was Joanne, a 10 dance champion, who got a dud and had to be taken out because she was not ready to handle the situation. Another 10 dance champion that left me cold when she danced was Iveta, even though she made me laugh, her 10 dance experience helped her in some styles but not all, she was too robotic for me.

I have always stated on these forums that my 2 favorite dancers on Strictly are Aliona and Janette, they come from different dancing backgorunds and yet they both engage me like no other dancers do, I guess it is a matter of taste and since 12 million people watch the show, that is a lot of different opinions.
  • Options
    MusicQueenMusicQueen Posts: 15,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgia and Kevin (9,9,9,10=37)
    Kellie and Pasha (8,8,8,8=32)
    Katie and Gleb (7,9,8,9=33)
    Anita and Kevin (9,8,9,9=34)
    Helen and Tristan (8,9,8,9=34)
    Jamelia and Anton (6,7,6,7=26)
    Carol and Aljaž (3,2,2,2=9) ELIMINATED

Jay and Karen (7,8,8,7=30)