Options

SO far the 2016 line up is PANTS

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The line up is being praised online. What a vile post though.

I would be honoured to know people like that are not watching the show <333
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Now , finally, we have all the names it's.

Brilliant!
    Well, I think this thread's well and truly done. It might be my favourite ever line-up on paper.

I also think it's absolutely brilliant and yes, on paper, best line up ever. I honestly don't remember getting this excited about a line up since the show started.

And if there was ever a thread that is looking beyond silly now, is this one...
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    What, Melvin?

Hard to remember surname, don't know him. I like Lesley, Robert Rinder and Tameka.
    Not so sure about Greg, I'm in a minority. He bugs me.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,639
    Forum Member
    Yep! Gonna have to go against the OP. Now that all the names have been revealed I also think SCD 2016 could be one of the best series yet.
  • Options
    Jake_Greenhall1Jake_Greenhall1 Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Here's my verdict. Don't try and argue with me, it's my OWN opinion.

Tameka: Eastenders, good addition, can't see her being amazing though..
    Greg: Athlete, good addition.
    Lesley: She won't make it far, but i like her.
    Judge Rinder: Nope, can't stand him.
    Claudia: Athlete, not very well known but i think she'll be good.
    Anastacia: American singer, good addition.
    Naga: Don't really know
    Daisy Lowe: Going with Big Brother's tactics of getting models. Worked for playboy, surprising for such a 'family friendly' show but she'll be good at dancing.
    Danny Mac: Hollyoaks, kinda needed it considering he's done nothing for almost 2 years.
    Louise: Don't know her.
    Melvin Odoom: Axed Xtra Factor presenter, he's good at dancing but turned into a joke act.
    Ore Oduba; No idea who he is.
    Laura Whitmore: Don't really like her, comes across fake but can see her doing well.
    Will Young: Looking at social media, he'll probably win.
    Ed Balls: A lot of people dislike him, he'll be another joke act.

I guess the lineup is good, nothing amazing though. Certainly don't think it's the 'best ever' - most of them are from news/media and ITV. I'll probably tune into the first episode and see how it is.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sort of agree with the above, but Greg and Naga bug me. Not a fan of them.

No idea who Melvin and Danny are. Don't mind Rinder being in as long as he isn't another Julian McDonald.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Well, I called it right.
    This must be the poorest SCD line up in terms of star quality of them all.
    The 2 Olympians are B listers...hardly Trott or Kenny or Whitlock or even Louis smith.
    Most of them are 'who are theys?' or past their 'prime', whatever that was..
    NOW OF COURSE SOME OF THEM will be able to dance, some of them will make us laugh, they always do....but that doesn't mean that the initial line up isn't pants star-quality wise.
    One more thing...by the beginning of October, most of you will want HALF of this lot gone already!!
    Mark my words...
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,866
    Forum Member
    robbleona wrote: »
    Well, I called it right.
    The 2 Olympians are B listers...hardly Trott or Kenny or Whitlock or even Louis smith.
    NOW OF COURSE SOME OF THEM will be able to dance, some of them will make us laugh, they always do....but that doesn't mean that the initial line up isn't pants star-quality wise.
    One more thing...by the beginning of October, most of you will want HALF of this lot gone already!!
    Mark my words...

Greg is hardly b-list. Olympic Gold in 2012, World Champion 2015, Commonwealth Champion 2014 and European Champion in 2014 and 2016.

You do know Louis Smith has won SCD? Why would he be invited to do it again?

You always get a few 'who are they' so what, as long as they try and make the show enjoyable who cares.

Most of the posters on the Strictly forum do not want half the dancers out within 3 weeks, this is the Strictly forum not x-factor or BB.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robbleona wrote: »
    Well, I called it right.
    Mark my words...

Greg is hardly B-List. At the very least most will recognise him as 'the ginger one' from Super Saturday if even if they couldn't remember the name.

It's a very strong line-up and a good mix. Of course not everyone will know all the names but that's always the case and there's none where I wonder why they were cast.

Have to say I'm interested in how Ed Balls does - he is very much the wildcard in the competition. I'm not expecting him to be great but I don't think think he'll be a joke contestant either. Certainly can see him giving it more welly than some of the other politicians who've appeared on the show.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the line up! :D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously anyone can like or dislike any line-up they like, but claiming that this line-up is more full of has-beens or b-listers than any other is just not factually accurate.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,639
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    You do know Louis Smith has won SCD? Why would he be invited to do it again?

:D:D:D

That tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,866
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    :D:D:D

That tells you all you need to know.

I know.