Options

vodafone or o2

daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Contract in vodafone is available for buy out soon do I stay with them or go to o2. £30 a month unlimited internet and texts and 300 minutes I'm currently on vodafone with but I'd really like a galaxy nexus for less than 24 months....

Comments

• Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlimited internet with 02 may not be all you expect. 02 have cut down there monthly internet data a little to make it nearly the same as there pay and go customers like me.

Darren
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think O2 did 'unlimited' now anyway, thought they just sell 'Bolt ons' now increasing the data?
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Customer Service on VF is pretty good if that matters to you.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    I didn't think O2 did 'unlimited' now anyway, thought they just sell 'Bolt ons' now increasing the data?

They do. O2 is more flexible now. You pick your tariff and then pick the data package you want to add. 250MB, 500MB or 1GB per month. Each of the packages includes tethering too.

I don't do much calling or texting, but I do use quite a bit of data, so I opted for the lowest tariff but biggest data pack. It was still less than I paid last year. Had to pay a bit extra for the phone, but that was OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlyinBrick wrote: »
    Customer Service on VF is pretty good if that matters to you.

That is the thing that has kept them with me for so long, I just dont want another 24 month contract and signal in my area is weird although i get 3g and H i can barely ever connect a call
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    They do. O2 is more flexible now. You pick your tariff and then pick the data package you want to add. 250MB, 500MB or 1GB per month. Each of the packages includes tethering too.

I don't do much calling or texting, but I do use quite a bit of data, so I opted for the lowest tariff but biggest data pack. It was still less than I paid last year. Had to pay a bit extra for the phone, but that was OK.

So where's the unlimited then?
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    So where's the unlimited then?

I was answering the bit saying "they just do bolt-ons now", not the unlimited bit.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One point to note about new Vodafone contracts is that there is a minimum call charge of 1 minute. So lets say you make short calls or they go to voice mail then you will use up your minutes pretty quickly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One point to note about new Vodafone contracts is that there is a minimum call charge of 1 minute. So lets say you make short calls or they go to voice mail then you will use up your minutes pretty quickly!

Thats a bit rubbish although i very rarely find myself using the 300 minutes that i have on my current tariff
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When did they start this? I knew Virgin Mobile had started this years ago but didn't realise Vodafone did too
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did they start this? I knew Virgin Mobile had started this years ago but didn't realise Vodafone did too

It was from 31st May 2011:

Cost (one minute minimum call charge)

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-monthly/call-charges/index.htm